1st year and need some help on what trades to make!

Started by Jay, June 15, 2011, 08:39:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Quote from: charliesheen on August 17, 2011, 10:44:59 PM
you could even use Lower to maxmimize cash, if your happy with Pups and Jacobs as backups.
I think i will keep lower...he is solid cover!

So this week: buckley-->andreoli
Next week: gibbs-->suckling/birchall & yarran-->leon/fyfe (if $$$ allow)
GF: most likely sideways a rested premium or if no restings cotchin is the obvious upgrade, i think i like mitchell/dal santo if $$$ allow.

Sounds like a strong plan mate!

Jay

Alright here goes charliesheen and others!

Last week i traded buckley-->andreoli giving me 212k and 3 trades remaining...im vsing the team that finished 3rd in league (he has 4 trades)

Here is my team at full strength...players not playing in capitals

Goddard GIBBS deledio enright fisher BROUGHTON murphy <lower puopolo jacobs>
swan pendles ablett boyd scottyT cotchin <andreoli mzungu prestia>
sandi cox <lobbe bailey>
PAVLICH nroo franklin cyril SYLVIA YARRAN goodes <i.smith c.richo mckernan>

Soooo i.smith comes on for pav...mzungu for yarran...lower for broughton...puopolo for gibbs ...prestia for sylvia

Obviously 2 trades must be done this week to make up for the 5 outs...but it is a matter of WHO???

Cheers guys.

charliesheen

Can you post opposition team too?

Goddard PUOPOLO deledio enright fisher BROUGHTON murphy <lower GIBBS jacobs>
swan pendles ablett boyd scottyT cotchin <andreoli SYLVIA, prestia>
sandi cox <lobbe bailey>
DAVIS/CLOKE nroo franklin cyril MZUNGU SMITH goodes <YARRAN c.richo mckernan>

Last trade subject to who is named tomorrow. 

Jay

Sure i have listed his team below. i know for a fact he has 4 trades.

Gibbs goddard fisher heppel johncock adcock lower <otten talia taylor>
Pendles swan griffin scottyT priddis martin <jacobs callinan irons>
Mumford kreuzer <moran spencer>
Pav goodes ZaHarakis davis sylvia nroo danger <darling pitt j.Tipp>

You could probly add harvey fyfe chapman stevieJ to the list of davis/clocke???

What do you think the next trade should be?, im thinking that trading out a defender could have some merit because mzungu and ismith can probly hold down F6 & F7 but puopolo is a bit weak. Ill look at all the options and it will come down to which trade makes more points and also if you think i can beat me opponent.

Cheers mate

charliesheen

You are correct in both PUOPOLO and BROUGHTON are the weak links, and thats where your last trade will go.

The million dollar question is, "Is it worth holding onto Broughton even if he is named?".

I would like to see the team lists and how Freo structure up before making any decisions.

BTW, I think you have him easily.

For the last forward spot Davis/Cloke/SJ are all good options.  I would lean towards Davis.  In the SC GF, the pies face the cats, and top teams generally rely on their press rather than using defensive tags.  See Heath Shaws 149 against the Cats in R8.

Boomer Harvey probably has the most favorable schedule, but IMO, you should base your decision on best available and form, rather than too much on schedule (think Jamar, Hurn, Lecras, etc who have been a bit fail)

Jay

Broughton is named on the half back flank.

So pav-->fwd prem. But where do you think the next trade should go? or if you think i will win without another trade it would make sense to hold it correct???

charliesheen

pav > davis/SJ & broughton>bock.

I don't trust Broughton.

Thats just my personal feeling.

Jay

Wow! I dont know about trading broughton, i just broughton him in 3 weeks ago when he had a 5 game average of 125. But since then he has served up a 60,50 and a 40! So i guess he is my worst performer going by form. But dont you think i have bigger problems because i would be keeping 3 guys that arent playing this week (sylvia yarran gibbs) and one out for season (sylvia) to trade out a guy that is playing and can average 100+

charliesheen

Quote from: Jayman on August 25, 2011, 06:56:16 PM
Wow! I dont know about trading broughton, i just broughton him in 3 weeks ago when he had a 5 game average of 125. But since then he has served up a 60,50 and a 40! So i guess he is my worst performer going by form. But dont you think i have bigger problems because i would be keeping 3 guys that arent playing this week (sylvia yarran gibbs) and one out for season (sylvia) to trade out a guy that is playing and can average 100+

You gain more by starting Mzungu/I.Smith than starting Broughton who is now stuck in the back pocket.  if that makes sense.

sometimes you have to swallow your pride when you have made mistakes.

Jay

Quote from: charliesheen on August 25, 2011, 07:26:24 PM
Quote from: Jayman on August 25, 2011, 06:56:16 PM

You gain more by starting Mzungu/I.Smith than starting Broughton who is now stuck in the back pocket.  if that makes sense.

sometimes you have to swallow your pride when you have made mistakes.
true. BTW it is mzungu & i.smith who will start this week (only 1 of them next week)

You are convincing me to trade gregory though!! Wot about gibbs surely he wont score more points next week than broughton will score this week and next??? In saying that if i have my opponent covered this week (which i do) then i should keep gibbs as he should score well in rnd 24.

So I think pav & gregory-->StevieJ & Bock

Next week barring restings/injuries/suspensions i will trade sylvia-->davis/harvey/chappy/cloke/fyfe

Wont lock it in until tomorrow though as i dont want to go through what my mate went through last week when he brouht in leon on the thursday arvo!!!

charliesheen

well next week you can re-evaluate where the most points are to be gained.

remember you gain Yarran back that week. 

Isaac Smith and Mzungu are gold right now.  Especially Mzungu, he is basically playing full on mids now.

Jay

Ok

U think the bock & stevieJ combo is the best option? I think bock is a lock and i think sj just edges leon and fyfe IMO. This combo does use up most of my $$$ though.

charliesheen

Based on historical data, I think SJ/Rioli/Cloke will yield the highest amount of points for this Round.  Pretty scary scores coming if you don't have them.

For both rounds combined, I would say Rioli (if he is not rested) and Leon Davis have the highest potential.

Jay

Already have cyril.

Have narrowed it down to 2! Davis & stevieJ...leaning towards johnson because of the draw as he has sydney (120 last time played) and the pies (136 last time played)!!! Davis has freo and geelong and although he will most likely score very well this week at the wide-open subiaco im thinking he could get rested next week due to his previous injury and if he does play geelong might even tag him to prevent their run of half back.

ill sleep on it and see what I come up with tomorrow :P

Also lower vs puopolo for d7???

charliesheen

Probably won't matter, I thnk you have this league win easily.

Would just go safe with Pups.  Lower will spend time in the mids so will probably have a higher ceiling.