Ruck Problems in R15 if Sandi isn't back

Started by fertalong, June 14, 2011, 10:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fertalong

Like most people, I have held onto sandilands and am hoping for a swift recovery with Zac Smith doing a great job at filling in the gap with Dean Cox in good form. My Rucks: D.Cox, Z.Smith (Sandilands, B.McCauley).

I know initially, they said it would be a 4 week injury and it's been 3 weeks already with last weeks injury list stating he's got another 3 weeks, which worries me. My concern is that come round 15, if Sandilands isn't back, Cox will have his bye which means I'll cop a donut. With Sandilands' bye in R16, there might be a chance that freo will rest him up until after the bye, which will make things even more difficult.

I'm not sure of what I should do if this were to happen, and I think there are a few others in the same situation. What will you do?

Fireballz

Trade Sandi to Max Gawn. Then you have millions of dollars to upgrade elsewhere!

hally25547

i have Petrie in fwds and tippet in rucks so i kind of want it to happen as i will have an advantage of everyone else

Chopps

remember you have to cover petrie in the forwards though so hope all is well there

elephants

I have a ruck department of
Cox, Smith
Bailey, Jippett (and petrie in fwds)

Easy fix for me.

Ziplock

Quote from: hally25547 on June 14, 2011, 11:15:13 PM
i have Petrie in fwds and tippet in rucks so i kind of want it to happen as i will have an advantage of everyone else

I know right :P

glynman90

Yeh I'm hoping it happens too since I trading him out last week specifically because I thought he'd be out in R15...if he is out I will have a big advantage on those who kept him.

BillyPil

Harvey said Sandi was starting to run this week, so he'll be considered for next week.
I don't think Freo would rest him, they need to win games at the moment and last week was the first time they have won without him in the side for a long time.

I wouldn't be trading him if I were you.

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2011/06/13/sandilands-set-for-return-next-week/

glynman90

Quote from: BillyPil on June 14, 2011, 11:32:49 PM
Harvey said Sandi was starting to run this week, so he'll be considered for next week.
I don't think Freo would rest him, they need to win games at the moment and last week was the first time they have won without him in the side for a long time.

I wouldn't be trading him if I were you.

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2011/06/13/sandilands-set-for-return-next-week/

I wouldn't trade him out this week either. Should have been last week or preferably the week before. Also, R15 is verse the Gold Coast so you'd think that Freo could easily win that one without him.

BillyPil

Not much point resting him the week before a bye if he is fit. Depends how Freo look at the Suns game... I think they may see it as a possible percentage booster. They are one of very few top eight contenders to only play the Suns once this season, I doubt they would waste that opportunity.

That said, no one knows which way they will go so best to wait and see.

Wes Mantooth

Agreed BillyPil... no good resting sandi for finals if they don't make it, and lets be honest, with no mundy now...they are looking shieza

Cicjose

im pretty sure everyone wants to trade Sandilands out.....

BGK

Even if he comes back, I'm putting my money on them playing Griffen too. So his output may drop with another ruckman in the team.