should i trade or sit tight

Started by loserboy, June 18, 2009, 01:43:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loserboy

ive only got 4 trades left and 170k in the bank. im out side the 8 but have won 3 in a row and on a roll, have easy games to round out th eseason and am confident i will make the 8. i want to take a punt with injuries and upgrade some players now i.e kornes coz hes cheap and enright, but my safe side is telling me just to wait til finals.

my team is

Backs                               chornes
goddard                          cheney
gilbert
hodge
lockyer
grimes
broughton
rance

mids
Ablett                       cockie
j.selwood                 hartlett
gibbs
haselby
rich
muston

rucks
cox                               jacobs
mcintosh                      spencer

forwards
pav
b.johnson
chappy
higgins                          sidey
didak                              m.brown
skipworth
goodwin

now my rucks are set, i thinking kornes in middle, enright in back and save the other 2 one for cashing in and prolly another back

wat do u guys think?

freezer

Hold onto your trades, if you think you will make the finals, save them until then.

hbk

if ur sitting outside the 8, make some trades - there's no point in holding onto them if you don't make the finals

all you need is a couple of your opponents players to have great games and you could find urself on the outside looking in...

If Only...

Completely agree with Freezer.  There will always be ups and downs to take advantage of.  Sit tight and reap the ultimate reward!  :P

Cutty

other players will drop value in the future so it might be better for you to hold off for now

loserboy

yea i thats wat im leaning to. and i guess b. harvey will drop quite a bit with a 0 for his last score. so hopefully he will be a good pickup

nas

Mate go thro your side
Backs:- Cornes only one not playing for a while
Mids:- Cockie back to rookie list & Harlett hamstrings (iffy)
Rucks:- As per most 2 reserves out, but due back soon?
Fwds:- Sidey only suspect with Medhurst to come back in, but named.

Only at this moment is no cover for mids so get a Mid as you say, but the obvious is wait till next friday & if Harlett plays no trades would be required as all could be on the paddock & saved trades for the finals or injuries.

IMO

If Only...

Yeah agree Naste. 

Brent wont go down though loserboy.  A 0 doesnt count as having played in DT

loserboy

really? that sucks, wat if someone had a really bad game and got 0. so does that mean penders wont go down either?