Backline Rookie/Cash Cow - Throw me some names!

Started by eski_liddr, June 14, 2011, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eski_liddr

I'm needing to downgrade Adcock and grab some money for a premium MID.

So who's a good BACKLINE option to pick up CHEAP? Any of these fellows?

Tom, SIMPKIN (STK)
Mitchell, GOLBY, (BRIS)
Zach, TUOHY (CRL)

All thoughts/input appreciated!

Weagle

browny_wce

why are u downgrading a premium to get another premium

boo-yaa

i'd say its because adcock sucks his own name.

eski_liddr

Quote from: browny_wce on June 14, 2011, 05:18:32 PM
I've got a brilliant backline and a hole in my midfield.
I wouldnt call adcock a premium anymore (an injured one too!)

If you could throw us some names it would be appreciated.

I'll go Hunt if they start moving him around abit

Dazzticles

Adcock's role change is a real headache now, 3 consecutive sub 60 scores has cost me some matches and my eliminator. I need to know if his new defensive role is here too stay, and if it is i think downgrading him before he loses all his value might be the way to go...
i can't see why vossy gave him a role change, as he is such a good user of the ball. I wouldn't have thought Merrett's injury would stick him back there, he isnt a big defender like him. But he got his 1st poor score before Merrett got injured and one game after Browny got back, so its probs not Browny's fault
Anyone like to enlighten me and my fellow Adcock owners?

eagles929406

your not calling adcock a premium i hope?
maybe have a look at strauss from melb or that irishmen from carlton if you trust any of they JS which i dont
otherwise then yeh simpkin from saints but they all have no JS at all really

eski_liddr

Quote from: eagles929406 on June 14, 2011, 05:47:01 PM

maybe have a look at strauss from melb or that irishmen from carlton if you trust any of they JS which i dont

True! I think it's just a terrible time to downgrade at the moment. Might of missed the best one's

Maybe i just get a nobody to burn a hole in the bench (and grab the most money possible?) My bench averages 60 - 80 each player, every round

callum111

ben jacobs, comes at a price but will avg in the 70s n play for the rest of the year barring injury

eski_liddr

Quote from: callum111 on June 14, 2011, 06:05:22 PM
ben jacobs, comes at a price but will avg in the 70s n play for the rest of the year barring injury

Yeah the only thing is I wanna trade foley for a premium and make some coin.

At $175,800 do you think its worth it? His going to be a bench player?  (keeping in mind ive got a stable backline with 2 decent bench players)

Bluesalltheway

I am already starting to regret bringing him in last week  :'(

Fossil11

it might hurt but adcock to broughton looks good

eski_liddr

Quote from: Fossil11 on June 14, 2011, 07:23:19 PM
it might hurt but adcock to broughton looks good

Ohh it hurts...seeing i dumped him just before he went good. haha I have to admit im cringing every week seeing him perform so well

Thing is ive got a pretty decent backline so its more about the money im needing to upgrade foley asap (his too inconsistent) ive tried to hold him but im sick of it!

Diesels Pups

Strauss looked ok, they were using him a lot for the kickouts  and he seems to use it pretty well so maybe his JS is ok. Cannot see any other downgrade options apart from him.

TMurphBROWNLOW

Quote from: boo-yaa on June 14, 2011, 05:30:09 PM
i'd say its because adcock sucks his own name.

bloody rippa call! hahaha

Quote from: Dazzticles on June 14, 2011, 05:44:40 PM
Adcock's role change is a real headache now, 3 consecutive sub 60 scores has cost me some matches and my eliminator. I need to know if his new defensive role is here too stay, and if it is i think downgrading him before he loses all his value might be the way to go...
i can't see why vossy gave him a role change, as he is such a good user of the ball. I wouldn't have thought Merrett's injury would stick him back there, he isnt a big defender like him. But he got his 1st poor score before Merrett got injured and one game after Browny got back, so its probs not Browny's fault
Anyone like to enlighten me and my fellow Adcock owners?

you'd hope it's his broken finger that's contributed to his poor form ! he'll be back dw bout that (in a shower load of weeks) :P

Quote from: eagles929406 on June 14, 2011, 05:47:01 PM

Adcock was definitely a premium before injury struck buddy! just look at his scores...