Umpire trading cards?

Started by freezer, June 17, 2009, 10:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freezer

Umpire trading cards - $50 a set....anyone know where we can get them? can't wait....

Maybe next year we could have an umpires DT?

ronl

Or an SU - super ump.  My favourite is the goal umpire who sticks out his chest like he's Arnold Swarzenegger or somebody. 

tony73

Same Ronl, but its a she ;D

2Fat2Old

HaHa same.
like it t73 very funny

antman

toodledock

wow proof they are becoming bigger than the game right here, there own freakn trading cards, yay razor ray and his stupid decisions cost people games and now I get to see his oppressed nerdy face on a trading card oh please.

I dont give a f what any umpire does, they are there to be seen and not heard, they have lost their heads up their own asses with the introduction of microphones trying to sound the part

2Fat2Old

mmm i think you not verry happy but i agree.
white magots comes to mind
just imagine ripping open the samboys or cc's and having a white magot inside them - no thanks
Id rather have daisy's in them any day. ;D

CFC 1979

Try at NQR for the cards. Cause that is definately NOT QUITE RIGHT  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Prospector_1

How 'bout cards of the critics and commentators? You could pin 'em up and throw darts at Caro, Hutchy, Sam Newman etc.

Cutty

Who wouldn't want a Jeff Kennett President collector card with his stats on points scored in the media and total fines paid. :D

BradStar

hungry for money $$$$$$$$$$

2Fat2Old

mmm caro - i could eat that
just imagine

Paddy13

Do u seriously think people will buy umpires cards??

Pweter

apparently the umpires association has done this for a few years now and it is targetted only at the umpires and their families/friends and association members. They can only be ordered through the umpires association or the website.

Jeff Kennett has picked up something and run with it, even though he has not investigated the source and reasoning behind it. The man is a dickhead IMO and wants to bigger than Eddie.

Whilst I'm not a fan of the umpires and definitely do not want to get them bigger than the game, they are a necessary evil. If this is something that remains inhouse to the umpiring fraternity I don't have an issue with it, if they try to market it publicly then there is a problem.

2Fat2Old

Pweter If that is true that is seriously funny stuff :-[ ::)
I personally go to the footy to see the players  ;D