Bit of a complicated conundrum..

Started by daddsy404, June 14, 2011, 12:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daddsy404

So, I unfortunately have Swan, Selwood and Mundy at the moment. I don't want to trade Selwood, but am thinking it is Mundy's time to go.
Here is my team:

Backs: Gibbs, Deledio, Goddard, Suckling, Enright, Lower, Puopolo (Hibberd, Jacobs, Otten)

Mids: Boyd, Selwood, Dal Santo, Ablett, Mundy, Heppel (Mzungu, Irons, Swan)

Rucks: Cox, Smith (Sandilands, Mcauley)

Forwards: Johnson, Pavlich, Franklin, Goodes, N Reiwoldt, Knights, Higgins (Darling, Matera, Lynch)

10 trades, $18800, ranking 1165

Okay so this is where it gets complicated, obviously I have a major problem in my midfield and am lacking a bit on trades. This week I had planned to trade Matera to Callinan and Darling to Sylvia - obviously that can no longer happen with my midfield troubles. So, what I was thinking of doing is:
substitute Mzungu and Higgins - Higgins then plays in the midfield with Selwood on the bench, Darling plays on the field in the Forward line
trade Mundy for Sylvia

Then, when Swan comes back I substitute him on for Higgins, substitute Higgins for Mzungu then play Higgins in the forward line with Darling on the bench.
When Selwood comes back I substitute him on for Sylvia, substitute Sylvia for Callinan then Syvlia plays in the forward line with Knights on the bench. I then downgrade Darling, substitute Heppel in to the backline for Hibberd, and then upgrade Hibberd to Pendlebury.

This plan leaves me with 6 trades and 22 guns (Knights is counted as a gun, Lower/Otten/Puopolo are the only mid-pricers). I can then wait until closer to finals and upgrade one of these three, leaving me 4 trades for finals.
My team would then be:
Forwards: Johnson, Pavlich, Franklin, Goodes, N Reiwoldt, Sylvia, Higgins (Knights, (rookie), Lynch)

Mids: Boyd, Selwood, Dal Santo, Ablett, Swan, Pendlebury (Mzungu, Irons, Callinan)

Backs: Gibbs, Deledio, Goddard, Suckling, Enright, (gun), Heppel (Puopolo, Jacobs, Otten)

I know this is extremely complicated, but would appreciate any feedback! Thanks guys.

daddsy404

yorgis

sounds pretty good to me, provided u can have cover on your for bench

daddsy404

yeh will have darling, knights, lynch and hopefully callinan all providing great cover on the forward bench, its the mid bench where im stuffed for the next few weeks until swan comes back and i can move mzungu up there. backs are fine too, all three bench players plus hibberd all have j.s

matt1985

I wouldn't count on Hibberd having strong JS. He only played because Stanton was a late withdrawal.

But I like the look of the plan you have come up with, should cover all bases and keep you scoring well!

Just pray Higgins doesn't miss any games during the next few weeks! Could stuff up your plans quite a bit! But I like the look of it! :)

swansong

despite being a hibberd owner, he hasnt got good js...
just remember he was a late inclusion last match and stanton will replace him this week
i personally think he is better than welsh but the dons lve him for some reason haha

depending on whether selwood gets 4 weeks tonight, you should make different choices:

If selwood gets 4 weeks:
you will have to trade him..
he will then miss 5 of the remaining 12 rounds at the very least

If selwood gets less than 4 weeks:

i reckon mundy and matera to scott thompson and howe

that way you have that extra solid midfielder that you wouldnt normally have

if you are really intent on getting pendles, then if i were u just wait, either another mid will get injured or there will be a very small price difference between him and dal santo at some point in the season, and thats where you would have to pounce if thats what you want to do

hope that helps  ;D

daddsy404

Quote from: matt1985 on June 14, 2011, 03:58:07 PM
I wouldn't count on Hibberd having strong JS. He only played because Stanton was a late withdrawal.

But I like the look of the plan you have come up with, should cover all bases and keep you scoring well!

Just pray Higgins doesn't miss any games during the next few weeks! Could stuff up your plans quite a bit! But I like the look of it! :)

thanks matt, yeh higgins is the potential achilles heel for the whole thing, if it all goes to plan though then I actually stand to gain from these injuries - open up another midfield spot for pendles to fill  :D

Quote from: swansong on June 14, 2011, 04:04:48 PM
just remember he was a late inclusion last match and stanton will replace him this week
i personally think he is better than welsh but the dons lve him for some reason haha

depending on whether selwood gets 4 weeks tonight, you should make different choices:

If selwood gets 4 weeks:

if you are really intent on getting pendles, then if i were u just wait, either another mid will get injured or there will be a very small price difference between him and dal santo at some point in the season, and thats where you would have to pounce if thats what you want to do

hope that helps  ;D

yeh that is very true about selwood, if he gets 4 weeks I will have to trade for sure. Hoping at the very least that he manages to get the charge downgraded (I mean honestly, how can they be sure he hit Guerra that hard, the softy probably just had weak eardrums  :P ) so then he will only get a couple of weeks.
otherwise yes Thompson is very tempting. Either way, whether I do it this week or next week I think matera to callinan is the way to go, opens up more MPP

swansong

Quote from: daddsy404 on June 14, 2011, 04:08:55 PM
Quote from: matt1985 on June 14, 2011, 03:58:07 PM

thanks matt, yeh higgins is the potential achilles heel for the whole thing, if it all goes to plan though then I actually stand to gain from these injuries - open up another midfield spot for pendles to fill  :D

Quote from: swansong on June 14, 2011, 04:04:48 PM

If selwood gets 4 weeks:

hope that helps  ;D

yeh that is very true about selwood, if he gets 4 weeks I will have to trade for sure. Hoping at the very least that he manages to get the charge downgraded (I mean honestly, how can they be sure he hit Guerra that hard, the softy probably just had weak eardrums  :P ) so then he will only get a couple of weeks.
otherwise yes Thompson is very tempting. Either way, whether I do it this week or next week I think matera to callinan is the way to go, opens up more MPP

yeah callinan is another viable option

just remember not to buy too many injury prone players.. i.e higgins, sylvia and so on

i mean although you said you would be glad if higgins gets injured, so u can get pendlebury, well why dont u just trade him now, without an injury - no one is saying "you cant trade unless he gets injured" are they? :P

btw nice call about guerra's eardrums hahaha

daddsy404

@swansong

hahah although Higgins getting injured may actually be a blessing in disguise  :P, with this plan I will be able to get pendlebury no matter what. When Swan and Selwood come back and I have moved Sylvia and Higgins to the forward line, i can then MPP Heppel to Hibberd (essentially gaining a keeper in the backline with Heppel), and then trade Hibberd to Pendlebury!   :D

about the whole injury thing, Higgins and Sylvia in the same forward line are a worry, however who else to get apart from Sylvia? Chapman? theres really no other big premium forward options

swansong

i actually personally think that chapman is much less injury prone than sylvia

after commencing his new program at the start of last year, he has been very good

he only missed one game last year, which he was rested, and this year, he has only missed one as well - which he was also rested.

it is no secret that scott is resting all of his players throughout the season, with only 4 of them having played all of the games so far this season

chapman's was just one of these - it said on the injury list groin for the 1st half of the week, and then foot for the second half hahah

sylvia on the other hand has never played more then 18 games in a season (correct me if i am wrong).

therefore i think chapman is actually a much safer pick, as i do not see him as injury prone any more

i have the chapman v sylvia choice this week and am definitely going chappy fyi

daddsy404

Quote from: swansong on June 14, 2011, 04:29:56 PM
i actually personally think that chapman is much less injury prone than sylvia

after commencing his new program at the start of last year, he has been very good

he only missed one game last year, which he was rested, and this year, he has only missed one as well - which he was also rested.

it is no secret that scott is resting all of his players throughout the season, with only 4 of them having played all of the games so far this season

chapman's was just one of these - it said on the injury list groin for the 1st half of the week, and then foot for the second half hahah

sylvia on the other hand has never played more then 18 games in a season (correct me if i am wrong).

therefore i think chapman is actually a much safer pick, as i do not see him as injury prone any more

i have the chapman v sylvia choice this week and am definitely going chappy fyi

yeh very valid point, although having watched the game on the weekend Chappy looked unfit, slow, and as if he was carrying something. Getting him in also begs the question, what do you do during the finals with Chappy and Stevie J? Thats going to leave either your forward line or your midfield (providing you dont trade Selwood) desperately short and at a major disadvantage

swansong

i see what you mean, but if you are planning do have knights and darling on the forward line bench, then surely that isnt an issue?

daddsy404

yeh it wont be too much of an issue, although i do plan to downgrade Darling when Selwood and Swan are back, thus leaving Knights as my 8th back. To be perfectly honest I'm just not the biggest fan of Chappy as a player, think hes just a bit of a cheap, outside ball winner, and massively overrated. Sylvia's price is also pretty delicious right now

swansong

too much heart and not enough head hahah

anyway, each to there own, good luck the rest of ur season

daddsy404

thanks mate, you too. where you sitting in the rankings?