Main Menu

Selwood

Started by Memphistopheles, June 14, 2011, 12:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

For those who have him what are you doing?

Trade - 4 weeks too long
36 (75%)
Hold - cover him for 4 weeks
12 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Memphistopheles

Hot off Twitter.

CatsInsider Geelong Cats
Joel Selwood will challenge the MRP decision at the tribunal tonight.

dale93

Good Luck Joel and lets hope Montagna plays would help!

AlexIsOnFire

Why would you not???

If he misses 3 plus a bye, he will need to be traded....

Such a shame, I thought he was in line for a brownlow for sure...

Eagle boy

Dirty player. Dirty play. Was lucky to only get 3 weeks. He should cop it on the chin and do the time.

MTTY

The plus for him was he was not caught on video

EDIT: they have blurred footage

tappy21

The MRP and tribunal system is a joke so who knows whats going to happen! ive heard that they shake a magic 8 ball determine a penalty...!

Bluke

Quote from: Eagle boy on June 14, 2011, 12:38:35 PM
Dirty player. Dirty play. Was lucky to only get 3 weeks. He should cop it on the chin and do the time.

How would you know mate? You cant even tell from the footage what happened. All he might have down is give him a slap (which is the most likely thing to have happened given the injury) and for all you know Guerra provoked him. When has any one been rubbed out for 3 weeks for a slap over the ears?

Hawthorn are just dirty because they cant beat Geelong and they will do anything to have the last laugh.

MTTY

Exactley Bluke, all i saw from the footage was Guerra swinging at Selwood, then a moment later Guerra fell to the ground and Selwood walked away

Boomz

Hope he gets more. Supposedly the AFL has other footage.

Carnthedockers

Very rough call, I reckon hes a hard tough competitor. Theres not even footage!

bigsy

Well he kinda was provoked- just before Selwood's hit on Guerra, Guerra gave him that bump straight into his head. 5 mins later Selwood retaliates by hitting Guerrafag

COME ON SELLY!!!

TMurphBROWNLOW

Quote from: Bluke on June 14, 2011, 12:55:15 PM

How would you know mate? You cant even tell from the footage what happened. All he might have down is give him a slap (which is the most likely thing to have happened given the injury) and for all you know Guerra provoked him. When has any one been rubbed out for 3 weeks for a slap over the ears?

Hawthorn are just dirty because they cant beat Geelong and they will do anything to have the last laugh.

Bluke that last comment was totally unnecessary, big big cheap shot. you can, and I too, do believe guerra would have provoked him so that he would retaliate, but a comment like that is totally irrelevant and low. it's got nothing to do with a last laugh at all, and i don't think guerra would encourage him to receive weeks for it.

djtranny

No amount of provocation justifies giving someone a perforated ear drum. It is fortunate that Guerra appears to be recovering quickly. Not giving a penalty only serves to show every other player in the competition that it is ok to slap/hit someone in the ear when provoked...

AndyJ

The blurry footage shown as evidence in the Selwood case does appear to show a swinging arm which actually looks like it comes from Guerra. Just wish there was one of those magic CSI zoom & enhance footage buttons they use so often to get pixel perfect detail to prove this one way or the other.

As for provocation .. Earlier in the game i believe it was Guerra who hip&shouldered Selwood in the head while he was over the ball. Not that it really matters. 

RiOtChEsS

as obscure as the footage may be, it places him at the scene facing Guerra when he falls down...

should Guerra have sustained no real damage absolutely contest it...

the way they compartmentalize the charges these days he wont get less by contesting it, they mustnt care about the 1 week differential :-\