can i finish off the year with 3 rookie backs

Started by Fossil11, June 14, 2011, 09:46:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fossil11

backline atm is

gibbs, deledio, rawlings, goddard, duigan, heppel, lower

hibberd, howard, l.thompson

can i finish with this backline or does it need trades. every time i go to trade out duigan or lower they score a 90

i was thinking about enright but who would you trade to get him.

with the three rookies i also have hibberd, heppel ect and jacobs in mids for dpp as well as three bench players who have great js. l.thompson is playing like a veteran and is going to play the full year

Lobbus

My thoughts too - I have Stanley from GC plus few DPPs incl Nicholson from Melb. Shaw gets tagged sometimes, plus Collingwood may give their players rest/ easy games towards end of year ('3rd bye'), Adcock losing form, Enright late bye plus similar to Collingwood. Perhaps Sam Fisher from St Kilda who is having a consistent year. Saints have good run after Rd 14 bye. Good luck.

popedelio

the obvious answer is no
If people in your league are good at dt and you want to beat them, then upgrade your defence because it is extremely weak, Heppell is kind of a keeper but the rest of them are not, maybe bench players to cover the byes, but not your preferred starters.

chaosAD

Im holding Lower for as long as i can then ill upgrade him, he keeps getting 80+ good enough for me no other players worth wasting a trade on!

Fossil11

but honestly are adcock and shaw and co. better than lower and heppel atm

lower is getting comnsisitent 80+
duigan would predominately play as bench cover but he is dominating too
and with everyone trading to these big names they also become unique. i won a league match a couple of weeks ago because the guy i was playing traded out lower and i kept him. he scored 120 odd