Main Menu

Lie to me

Started by McRooster, June 13, 2011, 11:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McRooster

As a team development tool and getting to know your peers I have often used the following as a means to 'get to know one another'.

Post 6 things about yourself, 5 of which are the truth, 1 of which is a lie.

The first person to pick the lie takes the lead and posts their six, and so on......

I'll begin  ;D

1. Honest
2. Played footy at North Adelaide
3. Speaks two languages
4. In-laws won the lotto
5. Played charades with Jimmy Barnes
6. Have a gun licence

Ziplock

considering one of these has to be a lie, no.1 can't logically take place in this game, therefore that's my choice.

McRooster

Quote from: Ziplock on June 13, 2011, 11:22:06 PM
considering one of these has to be a lie, no.1 can't logically take place in this game, therefore that's my choice.
Nice methodology Zip, but no. I am toooo honest at times, a trait that ultimately will serve me well  ;)

CrowsFan

You don't have a gun license

McRooster

Prospector_1

Maybe toooo honest, but not TOTALLY honest - I'm with Zippy!

I was gonna answer with:

1. I always lie.

After that, the moons my baby!

pothead

4. the inlaws have won the lotto??

McRooster

Quote from: Prospector_1 on June 13, 2011, 11:28:32 PM

I was gonna answer with:

1. I always lie.
You'll get pimples on your tongue Pros  ;)
Sure there's a certain masquerade that goes on in here in the forum, but if you ask me a direct question I will always give an honest answer.
Next?

*pothead has it  8) - although it could be argued they did win it when they got me as a son-in-law  ;D

pyronerd

Quote from: McRooster on June 13, 2011, 11:34:00 PM
Quote from: Prospector_1 on June 13, 2011, 11:28:32 PM

I was gonna answer with:

1. I always lie.
You'll get pimples on your tongue Pros  ;)
Sure there's a certain masquerade that goes on in here in the forum, but if you ask me a direct question I will always give an honest answer.
Next?

*pothead has it  8) - although it could be argued they did win it when they got me as a son-in-law  ;D
i thought you were honest roost :P

Prospector_1

Quote from: McRooster on June 13, 2011, 11:34:00 PM... it could be argued they did win it when they got me as a son-in-law  ;D

I will support that argument!

... and having run some of those experiential learning thangs - isn't there just always at least one like me in every group?

McRooster

Quote from: Prospector_1 on June 13, 2011, 11:37:13 PM
Quote from: McRooster on June 13, 2011, 11:34:00 PM... it could be argued they did win it when they got me as a son-in-law  ;D

I will support that argument!

... and having run some of those experiential learning thangs - isn't there just always at least one like me in every group?
It really is about the clarity of your own perspective  ;) If you were to look literally at the '4. In-laws won the lotto' and understood it to be that idea of them winning the coin (as was my intention) you would gain insight to what I'm about, truly, rather than second guessing at what 'could' I be about.
Did it not come across that I listed my #1 truth as honesty  :)

Over to you pothead...

Prospector_1

So, what would a truthful person lie about?

Something that means nothing to them, or something so important it's worth lying about?

McRooster

Quote from: Prospector_1 on June 14, 2011, 12:00:11 AM
So, what would a truthful person lie about?

Something that means nothing to them, or something so important it's worth lying about?
1. I think it's healthy that my kids believe in Santa
2. Telling a 6yr old Leukemia patient that it's supposed to hurt before you can feel better
3. Am I going to die?
4. Does my butt look big in this?
5. How fast do you think you were going?
6. Was it good for you honey?

Prospector_1

Some are Qs, some are As, McR!

4 and 6 matter less to me - but we enter the realm of "white lies" - matter less to me, but maybe more to the person being answered!

btw, I take the how fast as a children running type question, as police always ask you "What was your reason for going at ... kph?"

It's in their training, mainly coz you can't win!

McRooster

This was meant to be a light hearted exercise into getting to know one another, nothing too in depth if need not be. Would you care to take the reign Pros in light of potheads reluctance  ???

*are you watching Footy Classified?- Told you that Goody would be Crows next Coach  ;)