17 (42.5%)
Trade
19 (47.5%)
Dunno :/
4 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Alka

Quote from: Bluke on June 13, 2011, 07:04:55 PM
Depends on the teams and how many weeks he gets. If its 4 I would think about trading him because I have some key league matches in the next month.

Will know more by friday but at this stage ill do everything I can to keep him.

Same position, probably my most crucial league matches in the next 3 weeks and this happens.
None of them have Selwood. Ruins my plans to complete my backline in the next 2 weeks, but I'm very seriously thinking sideways to GAJ.

Fossil11

shower i have only 8 trades left and was planning to have 3 as cover for injury but now it will be two for injury. is that enough. i have good bench cover by planning to keep duigan, heppel, lower, hibberd, jacobs, mzungu, vardy and luke thompson on bench as well as having 7 premium mids and 8 premium fowards and backs

glynman90

I might actually trade him for Chappy then later downgrade Knights to Callinan and swap Chappy into the forwards.

TMurphBROWNLOW

wtf why is everyone trading him out? you're going to regret it bad !

Windigo

Each to his own T.Murph.

I have Mundy so I have to oust. Looking at the yound gun Shiels? Whadya think being an obvious Hawk supporter.....

TMurphBROWNLOW

mundy's acceptable because he's injured, a fractured fibula means certain weeks out WITH the chance of him being cautious coming back from injury. selwood? he's easily a top 4 midfielder this year!

my opinion may be a little biased :P but i reckon young shiels is an absolute gun! he is no doubt a future leader at the hawks and he plays with absolute ferocity. doesn't care about his body too much and that's why he's so hard at it. as for his scoring, his past 6 scores have been way above expectation (except the freo game) and he's looking like a really good pick up this year :) i'll pass, i simply dont have the trades or options to trade him in, but if i did i would be seriously considering him over mitchell, hodge, burgoyne, sewell cuz you know he wont get the number one tag each week.

Windigo

Yeah. Really is a toss up between Shiels or Thompson...

glynman90

Quote from: TMurphBROWNLOW on June 13, 2011, 09:19:10 PM

I'm going for eliminator so if my opponent this week doesn't have him I'll probably trade him out.

TMurphBROWNLOW

Quote from: glynman90 on June 13, 2011, 09:31:08 PM

I'm going for eliminator so if my opponent this week doesn't have him I'll probably trade him out.

if you wanted the edge then you'd trade him out nevertheless :P

Memphistopheles

Quote from: TMurphBROWNLOW on June 13, 2011, 09:28:29 PM
mundy's acceptable because he's injured, a fractured fibula means certain weeks out WITH the chance of him being cautious coming back from injury. selwood? he's easily a top 4 midfielder this year!

my opinion may be a little biased :P but i reckon young shiels is an absolute gun! he is no doubt a future leader at the hawks and he plays with absolute ferocity. doesn't care about his body too much and that's why he's so hard at it. as for his scoring, his past 6 scores have been way above expectation (except the freo game) and he's looking like a really good pick up this year :) i'll pass, i simply dont have the trades or options to trade him in, but if i did i would be seriously considering him over mitchell, hodge, burgoyne, sewell cuz you know he wont get the number one tag each week.

Really?

I have only seen a couple of Hawks games on TV but Shiels to me didn't look like a particularly good player.

Although, from a DT point of view his is gold as he picks up tons of cheapish stats and no-one tags him so runs hard to receive those uncontested marks. He loves getting in amongst in with the Hawks chip and play game plan.

I think the reason he scores so well is as you pointed out - Hodge, Mitchell, Burgoyne, Rioli, Buddy, Sewell etc They will all attract more attention from the opposition so they let Shiels run free. I'd like to see how he goes with a tag.

TMurphBROWNLOW

did you watch saturday night's game memphis?? he threw his body running back with the flight of the ball and was awarded with a mark, he's in and under the packs and can kick really well !

but the thing is, oppositions won't give him respect because they have other blokes to worry about, so shiels getting a tag will be very very rare! most, if not all players will suffer under a tag (such as CJT) so shiels wouldnt be any different from them. anyways this is a hawks supporters point of view, so give us a little breathing space i only think what's best for the team :P

lukedogg17

3 wks minimum plus the bye is 4 weeks of 430k sitting on the bench. i can see why people would, personally i dont have the trades to burn to get rid of him and even if i did id probably keep him anyway but im only going for league, although im praying my eliminator opponent this week has selwwod/swan/pendles like me

Possumo

Quote from: Fossil11 on June 13, 2011, 08:23:59 PM
shower i have only 8 trades left and was planning to have 3 as cover for injury but now it will be two for injury. is that enough. i have good bench cover by planning to keep duigan, heppel, lower, hibberd, jacobs, mzungu, vardy and luke thompson on bench as well as having 7 premium mids and 8 premium fowards and backs

Uh if you have 8 premium forwards/backs and 7 premium mid's, how have you fitted Duigan, Heppell, Lower, Hibberd, Jacobs and L. Thompson into 4 spots?!

Quote from: Alka on June 13, 2011, 07:57:46 PM
Quote from: Bluke on June 13, 2011, 07:04:55 PM
Depends on the teams and how many weeks he gets. If its 4 I would think about trading him because I have some key league matches in the next month.

Will know more by friday but at this stage ill do everything I can to keep him.

Same position, probably my most crucial league matches in the next 3 weeks and this happens.
None of them have Selwood. Ruins my plans to complete my backline in the next 2 weeks, but I'm very seriously thinking sideways to GAJ.

Same mate, pretty much no one in my league has him either (the spuds :(), although luckily for me Selwood should be back by the time I play the two top ranked teams... so since I have Iles, Harris and Jacobs/Hibberd to cover Swan and Selwood, I think I'll just hold onto him... in your position though... it's definitely tough... isn't there any other upgrades you could do that would take precedence over a sideways? Trading out a top 6 mid is never a good idea... although if he ends up walking away with 4 weeks even I might be tempted in your position...