Main Menu

Montagna

Started by wcarey, June 13, 2011, 01:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wcarey

Any news? Will have to trade nhim if he's out for 2-3 weeks to guarantee a league finals spot in a $200 entry league im in. Currently ninth with some tough games coming up.

Andrew

I heard him say on Friday night footy, this week or the next. Unless you're doing well for trades probably hold him. All you need to do for league is make the top 8.

wcarey

cheers mate. yeh i know it would be a sin to trade him but im have a bad runh in this league and may miss finals. doing well in all other leagues but it's one of those leagues where shower teams are jagging good scores against me and im having off weeks against the good teams.

chaosAD

Has a bye round 14 and he wont play till after then IMO he said he would battle to be back next week!

Alka

I'd count him as out for the next two, he did not seem confident in his interview.
Obviously you should wait until later in the week to make any changes, but I'd be counting him as out for now.

wcarey

its a bit strange that he has a knee injury that is expected to keep him out for 1-2 weeks. knees are usually 6 weeks for medial or cartillage damage. maybe its bruising???

plugz19

if he has next week off then the bye is it really worth keeping him?
imo it'd be best to get rid of him now..

Victorius Secret

found this on footytragic..

"Saints say Montagna is a chance to play this week. Trained with recovery group today but selection is dependent on Thursdays training session"

let's hope he passes the fitness test...  ???

dale93

On in the mix on the afl site it said he is a chance to play!Come on Montagna :)

chaosAD

Already ruled out according to fox sports!

chaser

According to 'In the mix', "Leigh Montagna should be right to return from the knee injury that kept him out of last week's win over the Bulldogs"

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/116258/default.aspx

mikeg12

dale93

Yeah i saw it this morning :) i hope he does

chaosAD

I hope its right but they have already ruled him out, it also says at the bottom of that article,
The views in this story are those of the authors and not necessarily those of the clubs or the AFL
Luke i hope u have some idea!

Wes Mantooth

Sorry guys but I really am hoping he doesnt return :/