Bugger. Who Had Cox Captain?

Started by Windigo, June 11, 2011, 05:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who Had Him?

Spewing (Yes)
34 (66.7%)
Nah
14 (27.5%)
Have Him As C. Hoping For An eXplosion....(Optimists)
3 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Windigo

Should start a "Bugger. Who Had Swallow Captain."

I did. BUGGER. The curse of the redden haunts me.

Nails

Quote from: Windigo on June 11, 2011, 11:28:33 PM
Should start a "Bugger. Who Had Swallow Captain."

I did. BUGGER. The curse of the redden haunts me.

I was lol'n all week at those who put/were thinking of putting Swallow captain, and I still am.

Ziplock

I told you I was afraid of Ablett destroying swallow :P

hardnut

bad luck Windi, it wasn't a horrible choice but may I suggest you stick with the uber-mids from now so the Redden-Swallow curse ceases to be an issue.

btw - I rate Swallow and have had him all year but captain material.....not sure. We all need to stop assuming players will carve against GCS

Ziplock

players do dominate against GC... it just depends who they are. Basically, if the best player goes mono e' mono with ablett, they're going to pull out a sub par score nearly every time. So, if you had the second best player on a strong team, they could be worth captaincy :P

Possumo

Quote from: LaHug on June 11, 2011, 11:25:30 PM
I was spewing that I had Cox captain until I realised that I'm playing someone in my league who doesn't check his team (people like him killing our league ranking). Still has Sandilands on the field with no emergency. Also, the fact that I no longer have Darling and he does. Makes it an auto win.

Hah, I'm playing a complete spud (1/3 of our league consist's of horrible teams which are packed full of Hurley's/Nathan Ablett's and other "guns", while the top half average around 1900-2100 :P), who while he had Shiels and a bunch of other good pick's, didn't have any captains or emergencies... I was almost worried until I noticed that haha! Even the other week though, when I was playing one of the top teams in our league who was averaging 2000+, he somehow had managed to have Heppell on the field with Hibberd as his emergency... and this was in Round 10 :D

Windigo

I rate Swallow as well. Bit it really annoys me that both Redden & Swallow were both carving it up getting the 110+ each game and they come up against GC and score poorly?

Why is that!  :(

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: Windigo on June 11, 2011, 05:58:26 PM
What influenced you all to pick him??

I bet dt talk had a lot to do with it. but you win some, you lose some.

lets go capt murphy!

plugz19

Quote from: Windigo on June 12, 2011, 11:10:53 AM
I rate Swallow as well. Bit it really annoys me that both Redden & Swallow were both carving it up getting the 110+ each game and they come up against GC and score poorly?

Why is that!  :(
had a conversation with a mate about captaincy before lockout
told him not to go swallow because gold coast are a very good contested football side, 2nd highest team for clearances this season
thats where swallow scores alot of his points

but then again i did put coxy captain :P

Windigo

Quotevery good contested football side, 2nd highest team for clearances this season

Yah, I was just thinking that.... :(

Andrew

I think Pendlebury is the new lock-in for captain now, he has shown the most consistency for 120+ scores. Outside of that I've often felt like I'm always a week behind in slapping the C on someone - picked Selwood last week but Cox this week. In games against good opponents your captain just about wins you the match, so it's really starting to annoy me! I'd almost say that your best captain is never the most obvious or logical choice and maybe you've gotta play the trends (I usually put the C on a premium who has done well the week before), but once I get Pendlebury after the bye it'll be a tough argument to take the C off him.

Windigo

The era of "Swan is my captain, lock it in Eddie." Those days are over.

From now on it will be Boyd. Who cares who he is playing. Just put it on your guns!!!

Andrew

Your midfield guns, to be specific :P

elephants

Boyd, Pendles, Swannie (when fit), Goddard, Gazza

These are the lads you can put the C on.
Marc Murphy will be up there next year i reckon.

matt1985

Quote from: Windigo on June 12, 2011, 01:27:07 PM
The era of "Swan is my captain, lock it in Eddie." Those days are over.

From now on it will be Boyd. Who cares who he is playing. Just put it on your guns!!!

I think i'll be taking that approach too Windigo. Although I have Marc Murphy to choose from too, so will be tough to pick between Boyd and Murphy... Would you still go Boyd?