Greg Broughton

Started by MickyC, June 10, 2011, 08:05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MickyC

Has he turned a corner or is it just a trick? Want to bring him in for D Stanley.

Windigo

Looked fairly decent last 3 games.....

dreamkiller

waiting one more week on him

gonna see his playing role

jk17

I kept him, and living in Perth we get to see all the WCE and Dockers games and I've definitely noticed a role change. Broughton is playing in the midfield a lot more. He's even started in the circle on occassions, Harvey's making use of his good disposals and you would just have to look at his I50 stats over the past few weeks to notice how valuable this role change has been for Freo. Definitely wasted deep in defensive 50. This coming from a WCE supporter lol.

dreamkiller

Quote from: jk17 on June 10, 2011, 08:11:01 PM
I kept him, and living in Perth we get to see all the WCE and Dockers games and I've definitely noticed a role change. Broughton is playing in the midfield a lot more. He's even started in the circle on occassions, Harvey's making use of his good disposals and you would just have to look at his I50 stats over the past few weeks to notice how valuable this role change has been for Freo. Definitely wasted deep in defensive 50. This coming from a WCE supporter lol.

does barlow's return affect any of that midfield time?

jk17

Barlow is listed as a emg. There is no way he could play after playing a half in the WAFL reserves at 11months out of the game imo.

EDIT- as for when he comes back, maybe, it could, but Ibbotson is doing well in defence and I think Freo would be better served giving Pav less midfield time instead.

Mozza3

Broughton is probably in the Docker's top 3 users of the ball. I think his move in to the midfield has coincided with Ibbotson coming back into the side, Even with Barlow looming I still think Broughton will continue to rack up the big numbers.