Main Menu

Food

Started by korza, June 10, 2011, 07:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

korza

I am currently hooked on this simple snack. A chef from my sons soccer club, who cooks for the senior team every thursday night gave me the recipe.

Ingredients:

1 clove of garlic
sliced bread
olive oil is a must
pinch of salt

Method:

Toast bread, with the garlic sliced in half, rub the garlic all over the toasted bread as much as you can including the edges.
Dribble olive oil all over the bread and sprinkle the salt.
If you have time you can add other ingredients tomato, cheese, parsley, olives, etc
Bon appetite.

KORZA

AFEV

I can't stand garlic. Might have something to do with me hating bad breath. So I only ever eat it in the form of garlic bread when EVERYONE else is eating it so that they can't smell it :P

hawk_88

I do this all of the time. You can put an amazing array of things on top but it is great by itself as well.

Boomz

Quote from: Sid on June 10, 2011, 07:05:12 PM
I can't stand garlic. Might have something to do with me hating bad breath. So I only ever eat it in the form of garlic bread when EVERYONE else is eating it so that they can't smell it :P

How sad :P

Windigo

MasterChef quality that is.  8)

Ziplock

so what, a kind of garlic/ brecetta cross?

hawk_88

Quote from: Ziplock on June 11, 2011, 12:18:07 AM
so what, a kind of garlic/ brecetta cross?

It is not uncommon when making bruschetta to rub garlic on the bread.

RiOtChEsS

dice a chorizo sausage dice a tomato teaspoon of garlic butter or crushed garlic and olive oil season salt pepper dried oregano and chilli...

put it in a plastic container shake vigorously and sit it on the bench for an hour to mingle, put it on a thin base single cheese no sauce :P

Wes Mantooth

marcz the pizza man comes up trumps... too bad im vegetarian dude

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Wes Mantooth on June 11, 2011, 04:01:20 AM
too easy mate sub the sausage for kalamata's and or artichokes... damn its 8:30am and im thinkin pizza already ;D

nas

Quote from: Marcz on June 11, 2011, 09:56:56 AM
too easy mate sub the sausage for kalamata's and or artichokes... damn its 8:30am and im thinkin pizza already ;D

Lol Pizza on the brain What about juicy fruits pizza. lol

Windigo

Sounds disgusting but frozen chips (crinkle cut is the best) and vinegar from a bottle mixed around in a bowl......I love it!!!!! ;D

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: naste on June 11, 2011, 09:59:32 AM
Quote from: Marcz on June 11, 2011, 09:56:56 AM

Lol Pizza on the brain What about juicy fruits pizza. lol
;D wouldnt need any cheeeeese thats for sure :P

Ziplock

mmm, you know how you can buy pacdkets of dried fruit, you know, mostly sultanas, but bits of cherries and orange peel in it?

Well I take a handful of those, and a handful of mozerella cheese on top then microwave for 30seconds- a minute. Tastes good. And it's practical- otherwise I would just eat the cheese/ fruit plain, and that just wrecks havoc on the frequency of bowel motions :P

Boomz

+1  :-X