Ask Ziplock

Started by Ziplock, June 10, 2011, 02:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LF

Quote from: PowerBug on June 10, 2011, 03:40:14 PM
Quote from: luvfooty on June 10, 2011, 02:44:48 PM
hi ziplock
finish mids or upgrade in backs and also should i field gram?

backs
gibbs,delids,goddard,suckling,heppell,gram,pups
jacobs,pederson,lower

mids
mundy,mitchell,pendles,boyd,bartel,krak
callinan,wallis,hibbo

plus mpp forwards
goodes,pav,sylvia,higgins,mzungu
11 trades $60,800k in the bank
Upgrading your mids would require a double trade, but there's no-one needing to be upgraded in your backs. Gram starts, but i can't see where you can upgrade. Should you downgrade, your mids finish first.
[/quote
Sorry should have mentioned downgrading materd.

Chopps

zip who to start

Hibberd v freo
or D.Swallow v north

i am thinking Swallow

also Captain options been thinking breaking my own rule, which is pick a prem midfielder

i have pendles, boyd, mundy & selwood, also cox is worthy

MTTY

Quote from: PowerBug on June 10, 2011, 03:36:50 PM
Quote from: MTTY on June 10, 2011, 02:41:36 PM
Hey Zip

current midfield- Judd, Selwood, Ablett(C), Dal Santo, (Swan), Heppell (Evans, Bewick, Jacobs)

Now Heppell will go back to defence when Swan is back. I have enough to straight swap Bewick ---------> any midfielder.

However i am playing 6th overall, in my eliminator so i dont want to bring in a player that he has for a difference to him i could beat him. So his mids are- Swan, Murphy, Boyd, Mitchell, Selwood, Rockliff (Harris, Hibberd, Irons)

So i am thinking to get one of

Hodge, Thompson, Rischitelli, Griffen, Jack Or Priddis?

Any help appreciated

I say go to Priddis out of those fellas. Good luck with your game.
Cheers PB, you too.

Weagle

I'm going to downgrade one of Lukey Thompson, Toy, or Richo this week Zip (I have plenty of cover in all positions), which will set me up for a double upgrade next week to finish off my team for the tough league fixtures starting in Rd13.

I have my doubts about all options:

Richo: Won't make much money from this trade. Surely he'll get some more games soon? *prays*
Toy: Once again won't make much money, plus he looked out of depth at afl level. But he has a low B/E... and he plays for GC (might get some more games?)
Thompson: I'm leaning towards this bloke. Will make 90k-100k. There aren't really any super awesome downgrade targets, but I doubt they'll be needed anyway.

Leaning towards Thompson->Howard, but really unsure at this stage. Richo->Howe is tempting! None of the rookie backs are standing out in my mind.

Any advice would be great!

jmcphe

Zipper, what should we do with sandi I have 405,200 in the bank already but I am thinkin about the sandi down to vardy trade I would have about 900,000 afterwards to go on a huge spending spree, I have 10 trades left and do u think sandi will be back before wces bye? Because that is what everybody is relying on is it too much of a waste and risk to miss a 0?

Sleeken

Quote from: PowerBug on June 10, 2011, 03:42:41 PM
Quote from: Sleeken on June 10, 2011, 02:59:55 PM
Ah was waiting for this!

5th Mid Upgrade: Ablett vs Thompson

6th Mid upgrade: Priddis vs Dal Santo

Who should be my 5 and 6th mids? I also plan to get Sylvia in, if I were to get priddis in, Sylvia would have to drop to under 340/330k for me to afford him, depending on who I get as a 5th mid.

Current mids: Judd, Pendles, J Selwood, Hodge, Sidebottom, Kerr (Harris, Krak, Hibberd)

Thanks!
What is your aim, League or overall?
I don't think it matters, as none of them have finals bye's. i say Ablett over Thompson, he's starting to come good now. And Dal Santo will be too up/down in his new role, so Priddis.

Thanks powerbug. I'm aiming for league. Do you think Sylvia's BE of ~170 will see him drop to under 335k?

Chopps

Quote from: jmcphe on June 10, 2011, 03:55:39 PM
Zipper, what should we do with sandi I have 405,200 in the bank already but I am thinkin about the sandi down to vardy trade I would have about 900,000 afterwards to go on a huge spending spree, I have 10 trades left and do u think sandi will be back before wces bye? Because that is what everybody is relying on is it too much of a waste and risk to miss a 0?

dont want to steal Zips thunder but why do you want more money? sandi wont change in price!! start spending your cash and if sandi comes back good if not use the trades then you have 10 trades not really the time to be outing sandi and back in gonna burn two more there so 8 left with 12 rds and ltis + finals you'll be in strife

PowerBug

Quote from: Chelskiman on June 10, 2011, 03:04:07 PM
Hey, Zip, what do you think of this team?  Basically I made two accounts and on my secondary account I made this team which started off as players who I liked the look of early on, but couldn't fit into my primary team.  Obviously I've made a few trades now, and there's a few players I have in both this team and my primary team (Pendles, Selwood, Thompson, Suckling, I. Smith, Mzungu).  It's not as good as my primary team, but I think it's still an ok team.

Backs: Scotland, Suckling, Carrazzo, B. Rawlings, Heppell, Duffield, Gram <Batchelor, Howard, Talia>

Mids: Pendlebury, Thompson, Selwood, Mitchell, Ablett, Anthony <Bewick, Helbig, Irons>

Rucks: Ryder, Bailey <Graham, Campbell>

Forwards: Sylvia, Pavlich, Dawes, Zaharakis, J. Riewoldt, Rioli, Mzungu <I. Smith, L. Johnston, Schneider>

Like I said, it's an ok team without be spectacular.  It still needs some work, especially in ruck and forwards, so even though I'm not too fussed with how this team goes I still would like to see it do well.  I have 14 trades left and $20,800 so what should my next plan of attack be?  Keep in mind that I've already used my trades this week, so your advice will be taken into next week.

It's a cool team. Not much work needed on it. 1 forward upgrade, possibly 1 in the backs, and you need a top 3 ruckman (Cox , Sandilands , Goldstein). Good work.

PowerBug

Quote from: madskill55 on June 10, 2011, 03:09:09 PM
Zippers, coming in top 400 overall dt trying to stay in the top 1000 by years end as well as dominating my league...

I need help with two things: captain choices & M6.

My midfield atm is: swan, boyd, pendles, thompson and selwood...

Trying to go for value picks who can average 100+ so i have some money for upgrades later on in. currently have 300k in the bank... thinking of mitchell, priddis.. who do u think for M6?

Captain possibilities: cox, pendles, boyd, selwood, thompson, goodes, goddard
Who would you go for?
Captain = Cox or Pendles. Cox is the obvious choice but Pendles destroys on special days.
For M6, go to Mitchell over Priddis, both are worthy selections.

PowerBug

Quote from: DaBomb74 on June 10, 2011, 03:10:37 PM
Hey Zippy would love some perspective

Got a couple of cows for the culling but little amounts of downgrade targets.
This week dont know whether I should be bringing in Didak or Cyril or should be looking to upgrade a def/mid
Being waiting a while for boyd and chappy to stop falling. But have recently gone off Chappy instead waiting for maybes the rollcoaster that is Stevie J.

Downgrade targets: Callian, I smith, Howe, Howard
Upgrade: Shaw, Stevie J, Boyd, ....many others
These are some of my options but Im not sure what exactly to do this week

Overall team
1. Gibbs Adcock Deledio  Goddard Suckling Heppell Puopolo(Stanley Duigan Toy)
2. Pendlebury Watson Judd Selwood Swallow Hibberd  ( Bewick Mzungu Swan)
3. Cox Smith (Sandilands, Derickx)
4. Goodes Franklin Sylvia Riewoldt Darling Krakouer Higgins   ( Matera Pitt Richardson )

Defidently upgrade in your mids. go to Boyd, don't worry about his BE. Any of those downgrades are acceptable, but go to ones you think will have a better JS.

Ziplock

did you get them all Powerbug? Sorry, I went out then had a shower, must admit when I saw 2 pages I was just like- oh damn.

PowerBug

Quote from: bestguykai on June 10, 2011, 03:12:32 PM
Hey hey Zipper,

Have a few questions for you today mate.

I'm upgrading JRoo to either Goodes or ROK (Almost sold on Goodes) just wondering what your thoughts were on which one?

Also I'm pretty sold on the extra premium DPP players in the backs and forwards. I think it will allow we to field a premium side almost every week. I'm going to make an extra trade of Krak to Didak this week. Next week I will make trades to bring in another premium back. The biggest draw back to this is I will only have 5 trades remaining but have 24 premiums. Now for my questions, what are your thoughts on the strategy and given the extra premiums will 5 trades see me through until the end for LTI's?

Thanks bud.
5 trades will see you through, but you can never be sure about DT. (Go to the Goodes guy, his name is Adam!)

PowerBug

I'm up to Stocutz. Fire away Zip.

thanme

Zip!

2 options I'm considering that I wouldn't mind your wisdom on.
Firstly, I'm trading Stanley -> Howard this week. The problem is, I'll have to play either Luke Thompson or Howard on field (which may not be a bad thing.)

From here, I'm considering trading Harris -> Nicholson for the cash, and the fact that Harris has a couple of price drops coming up, and really doesn't seem that interested in footy anymore.

Option 2 is upgrading O'brien (dead weight super sub). Doing this means that Harris will become a potential keeper, at least for the next few weeks.
If Option 2, I'm seriously thinking about Malceski. What do you reckon? And if not, who else?
Backs: Gibbs, Delidio, Goddard, Heppell, Lower, Stanley, Puopolo (Jacobs, O'brien, Thompson)

I'm planning on getting both Shaw and Fisher after their byes to finish off my back line.

jmcphe

Quote from: jmcphe on Today at 03:55:39 PM

dont want to steal Zips thunder but why do you want more money? sandi wont change in price!! start spending your cash and if sandi comes back good if not use the trades then you have 10 trades not really the time to be outing sandi and back in gonna burn two more there so 8 left with 12 rds and ltis + finals you'll be in strife
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this will be the only effective chance to get rid of sandi