Ranked 623. Thoughts?

Started by J-Banger, June 09, 2011, 07:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Banger

Hey lads, team is as follows. What do you think as far as sitting tight for a couple of rounds until I do my last back and fwd upgrades?

Backs: Gibbs, Scotland, Deledio, Adcock, Goddard, Heppell, Lower <Stanley, Puopolo, Otten>

Midfield: Pendlebury, Boyd, M.Murphy, Swan, Bartel, Mitchell <Harris, Prestia, Jacobs>

Rucks: Cox, Sandilands <Z.Smith, J.Tippett>

Forwards: S.Johnson, Goodes, Franklin, Riewoldt, Petrie, Knights, Darling <Matera, Richardson, Mzungu>

Cash Left: $10,800
Trades Left: 12

What do you think? Want to stay top 1000 and don't want to drop away with everyone trading hard at the moment

MickyC

Fine strategy only player i'd really consider the future of is Harris but you could easily wait that one out. Good position to be in with all that depth. This may be the time to lift that ranking though as everyone else is covering holes.

J-Banger

Thanks man. Think my 7th back and fwd spots need looking at before Harris though? He's just one of my covers and I have good cover.

This week I could go Matera to Callinan and upgrade Darling to Chappy...boom. But then that leaves me with Callinan, Mzungu, Knights for Rnd 16 multibye... only leaving me with prestia as emg (if he plays). I think I like having good cover too much to do that. Or should I be sucking it up, hit the trade button and keep gunning for a higher possie... or is there a better upgrade to do?

MickyC

Matera's price isn't going anywhere (not playing) but Harris' is (BE 103) which is the only reason i say it. I can see you need to cover Pendlebury and Swan next week but is Harris really going to score well against Hawthorn that week. I wouldn't be backing him in.

Darling to Chappy is good but I'd go Harris to Nicholson or similar and use the DPPs to cover Swan & Pendles with Gibbs & Chappy using your backline depth and back in Mzungu over Melbourne. I don't think Mzungu's going to lose his spot.

Use Matera to upgrade Knights later.

Otherwise just sit it out and as you said trade up later.

PowerBug

Quote from: MickyC on June 09, 2011, 08:20:59 PM
Matera's price isn't going anywhere (not playing) but Harris' is (BE 103) which is the only reason i say it. I can see you need to cover Pendlebury and Swan next week but is Harris really going to score well against Hawthorn that week. I wouldn't be backing him in.

Darling to Chappy is good but I'd go Harris to Nicholson or similar and use the DPPs to cover Swan & Pendles with Gibbs & Chappy using your backline depth and back in Mzungu over Melbourne. I don't think Mzungu's going to lose his spot.

Agree.

Spite

Quote from: PowerBug on June 10, 2011, 02:12:59 PM

Agree.

+1

McRooster

Quote from: Spite on June 13, 2011, 10:02:59 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on June 10, 2011, 02:12:59 PM

Agree.

+1
Agree, +1, Ditto, Same,  ::)