LOOK AT THIS!! (interesting)

Started by PowerBug, June 09, 2011, 05:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

I've been looking at mid upgrades, as i'll be making two this week, and found some interesting numbers thaty we might all need to consider:

S.Mitchell           $373800         106.44
G.Ablett            $424600         104.88
D.Mundy            $386200         105.60
M.Rischitelli         $398600         104.11
L.Hodge            $396000           92.22
S.Thompson      $404900          106.70

I've left out Pendlebury and Murphy coz they average considerabley higher, and Selwood has a 20 in his average of 106.33.

So why should i buy Ablett and Thompson when i could get Mitchell and Rischetelli, get the same output but save $50000?
Think about it.

Harry_West

Wow you have noticed something new!! Not..

This is just due to a recent downturn in scoring, thus losing value but may overall have the same average. You might buy Ablett and Thompson as you think that they will average higher in the future than Mitchell and Rischetelli

PowerBug

Thanks for repling. It took a while.

Armstrong1

Agreed, ive been looking at exactly the same thing. You could put Priddis is there too and his only $368,000. I think ill be going Priddis or Mundy. Ablett a jet but far too many others with a similar ave and better price. I have Mitchell, well worth it!

PowerBug

Quote from: Armstrong1 on June 09, 2011, 05:56:16 PM
Agreed, ive been looking at exactly the same thing. You could put Priddis is there too and his only $368,000. I think ill be going Priddis or Mundy. Ablett a jet but far too many others with a similar ave and better price. I have Mitchell, well worth it!
I already bought Priddis. Mundy scoring will be affected when Barlow returns, this week i think, so i'd wait a week on him.

BillyPil

I wouldn't jump on Mitchell too quickly, he's had some very low scores for a premium, and he'll almost always be first tagged at Hawks. He doesn't handle a tag well, and his scores can be affected as a result.

Ed United

i second what billy said to much taggin on mitchell and did seagull about 50 points in the last 1/4 last week after being average all game. and he doesnt seem to get involved in clarksons tempo backline chipping around that seems to net suckling and a few others alot of points. having said tht hes still averaging over 100 and is good value atm.

yorgis

sammy will cop the redhead this week  [lingy]

PowerBug

I heard somewhere, think it was TheCoachesBox, that Mitchell doesn't get tagged because he's such a terrible ball user. I'm looking at value and averages 106, and the Hawks are one of the highest scoring teams of the year.

Chelskiman

Quote from: yorgis on June 09, 2011, 09:40:12 PM
sammy will cop the redhead this week  [lingy]

I n DT terms, Ling has bottomed out.  Sammy will smash him.

BillyPil

I'd question whoever was saying that PowerBug, as it's really not the case. He's usually the first one to get hands on the ball so of course he gets tagged. He's gone head-to-head a few times this season, but also had numerous tags. The last couple of weeks he has escaped tags but with him finding some form the opposition will put the shackles right back on him.

AlexIsOnFire

So why should i buy Ablett and Thompson when i could get Mitchell and Rischetelli, get the same output but save $50000?
Think about it.
[/quote]

Ablett has no byes left, can still get 30 possessions and 2 goals when GC get pumped.
Ablett is a must to round out the year

BillyPil

IF he rounds out the year and isn't rested late in the season.

Pokerface

So you don't take into account when players have been averaging lower when they had no preseason and were carrying an injury, but once over it increase to their usual output?
Season averages is way too simplistic. Look at Abletts recent form once he got fitness.

PowerBug

I've not included Selwood, if that's what you mean. But i'm looking at the player atround the 360k - 420k range.