Tim Paine
Mitchell Johnson
Mitchell Starc
James Pattison
John Hastings
Jason Krezja

12th Man Pat Cummins

That is the test side i would go out with in first test of the summer

Watson the only player of last 12 months that holds his spot because he is just awesome...

no seriously back to back Allan Border Medals means he is still Australia's best player

cmon we need expirnce in that team
haddin had a great summer
so did hussey and ponting can stil offer us alot maybe the burden of captaincy gone will help him.and there is no way they wouldnt have clarke

My team would be
1.Watson
2.Paine(try him at opener if it dosent work slot him down dont drop him)
3.Ponting(last chance)
4.Khawja
5.Clarke
6.Hussey(last season)
7.Haddin
8.Johnson
9.Hauritz
10.Siddle
11.Harris

12th Starc/Smith/Ferguson

2nd XI
1.Hughes
2.Marsh
3.Ferguson
4.Bailey
5.Cosgrove
6.Wade
7.Smith
8.Krezja
9.Hilfenhaus
10.Bollinger
11.Starc

12th Pattinson/Cummins

Maca24

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on June 10, 2011, 10:38:47 PM
Hughes? Are you serious? Average is terrible since he took over from Katich, like 14 or something. And he is a dud anyway.
well he is very young and has some mad skills. Give him another year and if he cant perform then make a call.

Nails

Quote from: Maca24 on June 11, 2011, 02:41:26 PM
Quote from: 8-6 Suited on June 10, 2011, 10:38:47 PM
Hughes? Are you serious? Average is terrible since he took over from Katich, like 14 or something. And he is a dud anyway.
well he is very young and has some mad skills. Give him another year and if he cant perform then make a call.

+1 Hughes definitely deserves a spot in the 1st XI. Hughes has the potential to be one of our best bats for the future, give him a run and if he fails, you can drop him then. He has been poor lately but that's along with everyone else in the side bar a couple...

Other than that Hughes has been a gun.

Maca24

Yeh agree Nails. Especially that tonne against South Africa  :o

Cicjose

we only need players that can perform if we gave the guys with 100 years experience we won't do that well at all

AFEV

Quote from: Cicjose on June 12, 2011, 12:52:43 PM
we only need players that can perform if we gave the guys with 100 years experience we won't do that well at all
You have lost me......
The players will perform with experience ;)

Cicjose

we don't need players on the wrong side of 30 we just need guys who have been playing and performing for their state at all levels all the time....

AFEV

He is only 22...

Cicjose

that is why i've listed him in my team.....

AFEV

Oh you were for I thought you were against. I have caught up now :P
I still think Clarke, Ponting and Hussey have a place in the team. If we remove all exp then they will just get pummeled on the 4th & 5th days of tests. They won't know how to win.

Cicjose

doesn't matter you think Warne or Mcgrath won too many under Border and Waugh???

similar situation we have found ourselves in now....

find some players play them together and see where it takes us

Maca24

Quote from: Sid on June 12, 2011, 01:07:58 PM
Oh you were for I thought you were against. I have caught up now :P
I still think Clarke, Ponting and Hussey have a place in the team. If we remove all exp then they will just get pummeled on the 4th & 5th days of tests. They won't know how to win.
I found a spot for Clarke. Not ponting or Hussey though, even though they are great players.
Ponting should just retire, he is being a knob. Wont be remembered the same by some people.

Windigo

At least that hack Marcus North has been axed. Just cannot stand him!!!

Bit harsh about Kato though.  :(

Cicjose

i do like the look of that 2nd XI hawka :D

Hawka

im rely pissed of
ive been thinking bout katichs axing and reading a fair few arcticles 2nite
and i think he was rite to get very angry call them monkeys
and threating legal action on the grounds of age discrimantion cos he and watto are still are best 2 openers by a country mile

>:(