Main Menu

Katich

Started by PowerBug, June 09, 2011, 10:29:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Was the bloke treated unfairly, i know he's 36 and injury prone, but he's consistently performing, something that Australian cricket is missing.

Nails

valkorum

I dont think it was a bad thing.  The Australian public has been crying out for changes in the team and now something has happened you cry foul. 

He is 36 and injury prone - enough said.  Time to groom a new opening batsman.  (and yes he is a WA boy)

Nails

" Ponting told the radio station Triple M. "He's been our most consistent batsman since he's been back in the Test team over the last four or five years, so that would've come as a huge shock to him yesterday."

You could be 55 years old and a little injury prone and I wouldn't really care...

Whilst you're still the best in the side, you're the best. If we want to get back to no.1 then yes going via youth is a good option however to get to no.1 you don't drop your best players for them. Perhaps when Katich was playing poorly... good. Not when he's still the best bat in the side IMO.

PowerBug

Ponting himself is no longer captain. Why doesn't he go if the team needs change? Khawaja and Ferguson (SA boy!) are waiting patiently.

Cicjose

Phil Hughes
Shane Watson
Shaun Marsh
Usman Khawaja
Callum Ferguson
Tim Paine
Mitchell Johnson
Mitchell Starc
James Pattison
John Hastings
Jason Krezja

12th Man Pat Cummins

That is the test side i would go out with in first test of the summer

Watson the only player of last 12 months that holds his spot because he is just awesome...

no seriously back to back Allan Border Medals means he is still Australia's best player

Cookie Monster

Kawaja at 3, perfect spot for him.

Cicjose

For all intents and purposes i put Marsh at 3 because he is a better batsman and Usman struggled at 3 when Pontiing was out....

ossie85

Khawaja didn't struggle! Didn't set the world on fire, but he looked like he belonged.

Katich is very unlucky. I'd have still given him a contract, they didn't have to select him.

8-6 Suited

It is typical Cricket Australia bullshower. This is the reason I have lost faith in Australian cricket, Hilditch is a dipshower and decisions like this just show it.

Cicjose

you don't like my prospective team Shaggy?

ossie85

I do like your team Cic, but think Mitchell Johnson isn't good enough to hold #7. Hell, he might not even be good enough for the team if he can't get consistency.

How about someone like George Bailey at 6?

Cicjose

I would like to see Aaron Finch given a go in all honesty

PowerBug

Quote from: Cicjose on June 09, 2011, 02:06:29 PM
I would like to see Aaron Finch given a go in all honesty
Are you Victorian.

Cicjose