Brian Lake

Started by Ziplock, June 09, 2011, 01:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many decent scores would you need to see before consideration

I would rather eat drain hair than have him in my team this season.

Ziplock

So Brian Lake. Has been shocking this season, can't really put it any other way. Was sitting on what, 7 at half time last week?

That being said, he gunned it last year and was reasonable the year before, honestly, if he posts two back to back reasonable scores, I may jump on for an 8th defence position, purely for bye cover. 

Although, that being said, how much of a chance does he even have in the WBD team considering his recent form :P

anyone, fire up your thoughts people.

Chelskiman

Early on I thought he would be a good upgrade target, but not anymore.  Shaw will be my final back upgrade.  Not going anywhere near Lake.

RiOtChEsS

long shot...

even before he was playing shower this year we r talking about a bloke that had 1 year scoring 20pts above his previous best ???

as harsh as it sounds The Bulldogs did that 2 years running...

Hargrave 56 71 72 93 77

Lake 52 78 73 81 100

its an odd trend they have/had

Stocutz

Would need to lift his game in a big way.
He could only move into my side if he is playing well and I have a LTI

Nails

He's a full back and The Nailers don't recruit full backs so no thanks.

The only reason he dominated last year is because the dogs dominated and spent a full quarter chipping the ball around in their backline.

Now that the bulldogs are shower Lake won't be a good option at all this year and will struggle to put half a good game together let alone 2 good games in a row.

Victorius Secret

Quote from: Nails on June 09, 2011, 01:40:01 AM
He's a full back and The Nailers don't recruit full backs so no thanks.

The only reason he dominated last year is because the dogs dominated and spent a full quarter chipping the ball around in their background.

Now that the bulldogs are shower Lake won't be a good option at all this year and will struggle to put half a good game together let alone 2 good games in a row.

+1.

i've never considered Lake in the past and never will.

Locinator

If Lake gets named forward for this round and next ill get him in!! Reasons are that he played there last quarter an kicked 3 and last year he went forward 1 game and got 4 in a half so if he is consistent up forward if they play him there ill get him

PowerBug

Probably not bring him in, but i will consider him.

thanme

3 for me. His BE is massive and it'll take a fair bit for him to start increasing, so there's plenty of time to ensure a good score is consistent before considering.

yorgis

treat him like a rookie and see what he's like after 2-3 consecutive games , but i would'nt have high hopes on him.

Alka

He looked shocking in his last game (only one of his I've watched so far). Missed marks constantly, fumbled everything.
Will need to really pick it up in a big way, it's very unlikely.

PowerBug

Quote from: Alka on June 09, 2011, 05:40:55 PM
He looked shocking in his last game (only one of his I've watched so far). Missed marks constantly, fumbled everything.
Will need to really pick it up in a big way, it's very unlikely.

+1