Hunt over Howard/Nicholson

Started by lukedogg17, June 09, 2011, 12:26:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotty_222

yeah hunt is playing neafl this week..
they are going to start playing him either forward or in the midfield.
this could see a rise in his scores when he returns

PowerBug

Quote from: scotty_222 on June 09, 2011, 09:53:55 AM
yeah hunt is playing neafl this week..
they are going to start playing him either forward or in the midfield.
this could see a rise in his scores when he returns
I was waiting for his fitness to get up, then he'll play in the mids. Judd-like, crashing pack , clearances, and possessions. Could be useful, go for it.

hardnut

$89k midfielder with good js, very nice downgrade target when he comes back and I'd personally rather wait a couple of weeks. K.Hunt a target, who'd have thought it, awesome  ;D

Nails

Yep, but if you get him it has to be the first week he's named...

With a BE of only 2 (Assistant Coach) if he does play a midfield role and knocks up even 50-60 points he'll go BOOM and not be worth it the week after.

PowerBug

Quote from: Nails on June 09, 2011, 10:26:02 AM
Yep, but if you get him it has to be the first week he's named...

With a BE of only 2 (Assistant Coach) if he does play a midfield role and knocks up even 50-60 points he'll go BOOM and not be worth it the week after.

And that's what will put everyone off their plans. If it fits into your team plans, then it's a definite. it's not like a premium who will stay at the same price for 3 weeks. Difficult, hopefully it fits in for everyone.

Red Pig

someguy

Not a bad idea, but I'd think most decent teams would have adequate cover with all the MPPs out there (Hibberd, Jacobs, Heppell, Nicholson, etc). It depends on the make-up of your team, but in most teams Hunt would obviously only be worthy as a 10th back so you would need 3-4 injuries/byes to occur to need his cover which is pretty unlikely *touch wood*.

G()D

I already did the same kinda thing with sippos, needed a downgrade option and didnt trus I smiths J/S. Sipposs will probibly play out the year but still he is only scoring 35's, not to happy bout that, but it is ok if i have one dud riding my pine for the rest of the year but i wouldnt bring in another one

lukedogg17

Quote from: G()D on June 09, 2011, 12:36:37 PM
I already did the same kinda thing with sippos, needed a downgrade option and didnt trus I smiths J/S. Sipposs will probibly play out the year but still he is only scoring 35's, not to happy bout that, but it is ok if i have one dud riding my pine for the rest of the year but i wouldnt bring in another one

siposs out, unlucky lol maybe you should inject a bit of hunt into your side and he can be your new pine riding dud!

Quote from: someguy on June 09, 2011, 11:52:50 AM
Not a bad idea, but I'd think most decent teams would have adequate cover with all the MPPs out there (Hibberd, Jacobs, Heppell, Nicholson, etc). It depends on the make-up of your team, but in most teams Hunt would obviously only be worthy as a 10th back so you would need 3-4 injuries/byes to occur to need his cover which is pretty unlikely *touch wood*.

those are my thoughts exactly. i have plenty of cover with mpp and most teams would as well so having hunt in there as a 9th in some cases, and 10th defender could be valuable down the track if you get smacked by injury and the bye. and who knows he might start pumping out 50s from here on, he's only going to get better

Bluke

Stanley OUT Hunt IN

Need the cashola to make my final midfield upgrade. With Puopolo looking more and more a regular and Duigan having cemented his spot my defence bench is strong enough to handle Huntly playing a couple weeks in the reserves.

lukedogg17

Quote from: Bluke on June 09, 2011, 06:31:49 PM
Stanley OUT Hunt IN

Need the cashola to make my final midfield upgrade. With Puopolo looking more and more a regular and Duigan having cemented his spot my defence bench is strong enough to handle Huntly playing a couple weeks in the reserves.

welcome to the dark side my friend! hunt all the way!

Montag

sound like a pretty solid idea but as said before nicholsons mid def works so well for me. have gibbs, hibberd, jacobs, heooel, deledio ect. another one would just work in my favour

lukedogg17

Quote from: Montag on June 09, 2011, 07:25:55 PM
sound like a pretty solid idea but as said before nicholsons mid def works so well for me. have gibbs, hibberd, jacobs, heooel, deledio ect. another one would just work in my favour

thinking of doing the same, purely because nicholsons dpp will work well in my side. then hunt next week as my 10th def.

nicholson dpp is hard to pass up atm