Hunt over Howard/Nicholson

Started by lukedogg17, June 09, 2011, 12:26:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukedogg17

Think before you laugh. But bringing this guy in over the other two has its merits...i think lol.

I mean he has the best js of any of the remaining backs, and his job isnt going to be to play in your team, BUT on the off occasion that you get smashed by injury/bye and he does have to force his way into your side then his 20-40 might save your ass from a league loss.

Priced at 89k id say Stanley to Hunt this week is a better trade than Stanley to Howard or Nicholson. Eventually both will find themselves riding the pine, and with guys like jacobs/poo in most teams, the downgrade you bring in this week shouldnt have to play really...

Nails

I know I should shoot you down for this idea....

but part of me thinks this is borderline genius...

elephants

I'm not sure he is worth saving the 8k on....

lukedogg17

haha food for thought!

and its not so much as about saving the 8k, thats just a bonus, honestly you couldnt really think either howard/nicholsons spot is cemented for the remainder of the season. Hunts is. So if you need someone to fill that donut come round 20, hello K.Hunt and his 20-40 that hes going to score lol. Better than a zero from Howard/Nicholson in my eyes

Nails

Quote from: lukedogg17 on June 09, 2011, 12:42:33 AM
haha food for thought!

and its not so much as about saving the 8k, thats just a bonus, honestly you couldnt really think either howard/nicholsons spot is cemented for the remainder of the season. Hunts is. So if you need someone to fill that donut come round 20, hello K.Hunt and his 20-40 that hes going to score lol. Better than a zero from Howard/Nicholson in my eyes

Dan Nich's MPP helps counteract this though, with Jacobs AND Hibberd in my mids I can just swap him...

The question is, can I live with the humiliation of having K.Hunt in my team?

Chelskiman

Quote from: Nails on June 09, 2011, 12:47:24 AMThe question is, can I live with the humiliation of having K.Hunt in my team?

Haha, +1

lukedogg17

Quote from: Nails on June 09, 2011, 12:47:24 AM
The question is, can I live with the humiliation of having K.Hunt in my team?

Ahh! Touche!

BillMurray

I like this thinking. Hunt has no more byes and really can only get matter (not that it matters). Who knows, that 8k could end up aiding you in a straight trade down the line somewhere. I'm very tempted to do Stanley ----> Hunt with all the current cover I have down back....

Cicjose

just a thought he is the ONLY rookie to lose money at his starting price....

Fenno

I hadn't even given this the slightest thought. Its not the worst Idea I have ever heard it could be brilliant. If I didn't think Howard was going to play the rest of the year I would do it but I think Howard will.

BillMurray

Quote from: Cicjose on June 09, 2011, 02:28:27 AM
just a thought he is the ONLY rookie to lose money at his starting price....

Dude, are you even listening? That's the point, he is so cheap and doesn't ever have to play for you since the rookies you trade in at this time of season are most likely going to remain in your side till the end. It's a really interesting idea.

Ziplock

It's a solid idea imo... would I do it... no. My rooks are all too awesome down back to consider it. But, excellent JS, and hey, as said, those 20 odd points could end up winning you the eliminator :)

LF

i've seriously considered this idea.at least you know he has the job sercurity the extra cash would be great.but IMO i'd wait until further down the track to do it.

lukedogg17

im enjoying the non-hatred towards this idea lol, i was expecting to be shot down brutally!

he'll still be 89k for at least another week as well so if you have more pressing issues than a backline downgrade, he'll allow you to do them first.

and if he wasnt karmichael hunt, which dt'er wouldnt want the cheapest playing player in the comp with strong js?

one more little thing which i may cop it for BUT a case can be argued for comparing him against arguably the 3 best mids in the comp. This is points per 100k. Heres how it sits:

Swan: 28.3 pp100k
Pendles: 27.5
Boyd: 26.3 
Hunt:....28.1 :p

glam77

was thinking along similar lines, however Hunt doesn't look like getitng a game this week. (see afl.com)