How I'm gonna get into the Top 10

Started by glynman90, June 08, 2011, 12:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glynman90

Quote from: fidou on June 08, 2011, 03:09:58 PM
So your ranked 92nd overall why are you getting advice? All you will get from the forum is hundreds and thousands. Not the sandwich but the drop in ranking. Do what has got you there in the first place. All of us swapping ideas want to be in your place.

Advice from a 2nd year rookie ranked 19,000. (Oh yer I'd like to think I'm a rising star though)

Just because they might be ranked lower doesn't mean they know less about the game.

Quote from: danoz on June 08, 2011, 04:23:16 PM
As your second trade you could do Swan > Scotland in the mids. then DPP scotland out and upgrade Hibberd to Swan later, when Swan is back, and maybe has 1-2 more price drops. You would end up with more cash as Lower is still gaining value and still have a DPP link, i.e. go Lower > Shaw. And use up only one more trade

Yeh I am tempted to do that especially since Montagna is out as well this week but 4 trades for 8 rounds has danger written all over it...unless I didn't bring Callinan in or something.

Chichos

well i would go with it only because uve got cox there. and who cares if u dont have sandilands while he plays gold coast. its just one game.

Possumo

Quote from: glynman90 on June 08, 2011, 05:27:06 PM
Quote from: danoz on June 08, 2011, 04:23:16 PM
As your second trade you could do Swan > Scotland in the mids. then DPP scotland out and upgrade Hibberd to Swan later, when Swan is back, and maybe has 1-2 more price drops. You would end up with more cash as Lower is still gaining value and still have a DPP link, i.e. go Lower > Shaw. And use up only one more trade

Yeh I am tempted to do that especially since Montagna is out as well this week but 4 trades for 8 rounds has danger written all over it...unless I didn't bring Callinan in or something.

Yeah, I like that idea too, and probably would be keen on doing that myself if I had the trades to burn :P

These calls are always going to be tough though, so going for players like Scotland is good because he is just so consistent (touch wood!), so it means you are guaranteed some sort of points increase. The Lower trade is also pretty solid.

I think I speak on behalf of all of us here (those not near or above you on the ladder excluded!) that we wish you luck!

deekay

glynman90

Quote from: Possumo on June 08, 2011, 07:17:15 PM
Yeah, I like that idea too, and probably would be keen on doing that myself if I had the trades to burn :P

These calls are always going to be tough though, so going for players like Scotland is good because he is just so consistent (touch wood!), so it means you are guaranteed some sort of points increase. The Lower trade is also pretty solid.

I think I speak on behalf of all of us here (those not near or above you on the ladder excluded!) that we wish you luck!

I don't really have the trades to burn either...I've only got 10 left right now but if I am lucky with injuries I think I can manage. And thanks for the luck! If it fails miserably there is always next year.