Trading Sandi???

Started by pinochio, June 08, 2011, 12:53:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinochio

With him listed as another 3 weeks in the latest injury list why not downgrade him and save the headaches???
...also with mumourings of him being out till after the bye its another 6 weeks!!!
...and griffin is doing his job fine???

With Zac and Jippett/petrie combo as back its not as if something major can back fire...this will the allow me to trade bewick straight to a premo...???

Sandi > 80ker
Bewick > Selwood

just a thought guys???

pinochio

no but LEV its :P

Petrie + Selwood + 2 Trades

vs

Sandi + Bewick

...however sandi/bewick are on the bench...

Prospector_1

May depend on your trades, but your current set up is the perfect storm for the Sandi trade.

I have seen some say that you don't need to do it if you can still keep upgrading your team without doing this.

Look at the other opportunities you already have. If you decide to take the $$$, be sure to have a plan of exactly how you will spend it all. Zac should get Sandi back if he becomes a must have again. If not, you don't need that extra trade!

morgan1132

Its easy to say sweet I'll downgrade Sandi and play Petrie but that means not playing Petrie in the forward line and I am assuming replacing him with a rookie 60 avg scorer so yes you gain some cash but remember you are losing 40 points a week in your forwards.

Also, dont know where this Sandi being out till after the bye is coming from.  Fair enough it looks convenient from the school of thought that he gets a nice extra long break.  I'm personally guessing that come that time Freo will be desperate for every win they can get to stay in the 8.  The other thought process could be lets bring him back and give him a solid run to increase our chances of winning the game knowing he gets 2 weeks off afterwards to pull up.  Might be inclined to bring him in underdone for that game knowing they have the long break (underdone Sandi>Griffen)

Need I mention that Harvey said he is thinking of bringing Barlow in to give his team a lift.  Is this really the same guy who is going to choose not to play his most important player because the bye is coming up.  Doesnt seem likely.

Come finals I hope I come up against a team who got rid of him and couldnt, or chose not to, get him back in...

LEV

i deleted my post, just going to say keep him :)

pinochio

all valid points guys....was just a thought :)

@morgon, one thing if Zac can avg. 80 as a second ruck then petrie dosent need to leave the forward line...

....after all this i will 90% keep the big man but hey gotta keep the options open ;)

morgan1132

Yeah, I looked into it as well.  I was thinking of going Sandi to Vardy and then upgrading Vardy back to Sandi.  Would free up cash to finish upgrading the rest of my team but realised that after this weeks trades:

My worst forward is knights,
     worst midfielder is bartel,
     second worst def is Heppel

And thats without getting rid of Sandi

So really I would only have 1 required upgrade (Lower/Puopolo to Shaw) to finish my team and wouldnt do that for a few weeks because puop/lower are still peaking, shaw has bye.  And seeings as Shaw has another inevitable 60/70 coming up would be better off getting him a couple weeks after that.  So in my situation because I have no immediate use for the cash there really isnt any massive advantage to having the cash, pretty pointless to do the trade and then leave the cash in the bank, may as well leave it on the pine.

If you were in the situation where you have a bunch of trades left and could use the cash to finish off your team quicker and worry about Sandi later than deserves some strong consideration...

Andrew

Petrie looks like being a top 10 forward, so I'm using him for Sandi cover now and bringing him back into the forward line when Sandi returns. When that time comes, I'll finally make a call on Knights/Darling and downgrade them to Callinan (or a rookie forward if one pops up - unlikely). I'd only consider trading Sandi if I had more than 12 trades left and even then, you'd want to have a close-to-complete team at that point.

Using the dual position linkup with Petrie to it's maximum use and back Sandi to return as the Dockers become desprate to finish in the top 6. I don't think this is like his knee injury last season where his scoring potential was hampered.

yorgis

sandi is listed as 3wks, if he comes back then he will have the suns game then the bye. i would think how freo is travelling will be the main issue as to when he comes back. if they desperaely need him they may even play 2 ruckmen

pinochio

...which will no doubt hamper his points playing with another ruckman AND may still be carrying affects of the toe injury....

yorgis

big decision for a lot of us. whether to trade him or not. its just that he's carrying too much cash sitting on the pine, which could be used elsewhere

pinochio

too true yorgi....thats the problem????

whats ur opinion at this early time?

yorgis

i'm gonna try and get rok this week.  and i want pendles after their bye, so hopefully we'll get a bit of an indication of how

sandi's travelling and if it looks any longer, he's gone

Prospector_1

Quote from: yorgis on June 08, 2011, 01:43:16 AM
big decision for a lot of us. whether to trade him or not. its just that he's carrying too much cash sitting on the pine, which could be used elsewhere

That's all about how fast and how well you can use the $$$ - like I said, you need a plan, ideally one that'll work!

glynman90

If he's going to miss the next 3 for sure then I don't see why they wouldn't rest him for the GC game as well and then he'll get the bye too. Every week GC get raped in the rucks so if there's one game Freo could do without Sandi that'd be it. Just want to hear people's thoughts on what to do with Sandi if he's going to miss the next 5.