Mercurial midfield!

Started by Proudy1032, June 08, 2011, 12:27:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudy1032

Ok so my midfield is, Murphy, Mundy, Bartel, Fyfe, Swan, Montag, (Atley, Hibberd, Smith)

Do you think I need changes? Back is complete, with all the usual backman there except heater.

Forward line has two question marks, Zaharakis and Knights.

Fenno

You need to find a way to get Fyfe into your forward line and get another premium mid maybe ablett. Is Zaharakis fwd/mid by any chance?

LEV

i would move/swap zaha and fyfe around, then trade out zaha in midfield for another super premium like pendles (after coll bye) or selwood, or ablett, etc.

seems like the right thing to do :)

LEV

you could also be bold and trade out knights for didak and make a small profit.  Think didak will go BOOM soon (well hopefully, i picked him up last week!). His MPP will come in handy :)

Proudy1032

that then makes my team.

Gibbs, Deledio, Adcock, Goddard, Heppell, Enright, Stanley. (Poo, jacobs, toy)

Murphy, Bartel, Swan, Mundy, Montags, (Zaha--->Premium) (Hibberd, Atley, SMith)

Fyfe, Sylvia, Franklin, Roo, Petrie, Knights, Higgins (Richo, Prestia, Mzungu)

Oh and rucks, Smith, Cox (Bailey, Tippet)

Fenno

Quote from: LEV on June 08, 2011, 12:32:20 AM
you could also be bold and trade out knights for didak and make a small profit.  Think didak will go BOOM soon (well hopefully, i picked him up last week!). His MPP will come in handy :)
Didak may go boom this week because they have no choice but to put him in the middle for a bit but I think with Collingwoods style this year what you see with Didak now is what you will get. Other than this week

Fenno

Quote from: Proudy1032 on June 08, 2011, 12:33:31 AM
that then makes my team.

Gibbs, Deledio, Adcock, Goddard, Heppell, Enright, Stanley. (Poo, jacobs, toy)

Murphy, Bartel, Swan, Mundy, Montags, (Zaha--->Premium) (Hibberd, Atley, SMith)

Fyfe, Sylvia, Franklin, Roo, Petrie, Knights, Higgins (Richo, Prestia, Mzungu)

Oh and rucks, Smith, Cox (Bailey, Tippet)
Looks like a much better team already.

morgan1132

I'm really questioning Didak, surely he is too good to keep pouring out his mud scores.  He is irresistibly cheap, would feel wrong bringing him in when he hasnt shown much but as I said, so cheap!

LEV

here's an idea.

knights ($316,500) to didak ($271,000) in forward = a profit of $45,500
that would allow you to upgrade zaha ($318,800) in midfield to goodes ($361,500) and not be out of pocket (actually make $2,800)

Just one of a few ideas, or if you have some cash to spend, get a stronger mid instead of goodes.  Getting rid of zaha saves you the pain of having to trade/sort him out during DT grandfinal (essendon have bye round 24).  And i dont think knights is going to rise much more.

Goodluck mate.

Proudy1032

Fenno

Pendles, Boyd or Ablett. No real wrong answer with that one just down to personal choice. Although if you went Pendles would have to be after his bye

Proudy1032

Hmm, Hard decision. I can still upgrade stanley to a premium and thus have all premiums in back, mid, forward and ruck. Except obvs knights and petrie is on the brink.

Fenno

I think Petrie has now proved he is premium and knights isn't far away you could do worse than have him as your 7th fwd

LEV

Quote from: Fenno on June 08, 2011, 12:51:59 AM
knights isn't far away you could do worse than have him as your 7th fwd

indeed, like J riewoldt, worst trade ive made!!! haha :)

Proudy1032

To be honest, im not short of cash, 295k in the bank ;)