Callinan or Evans

Started by PCR10, June 07, 2011, 04:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCR10

Upgrading and downgrading this week using two trades to piick up a premium mid or a premium forward

which scenario is more attractive?

Krak>Evans
Darling>Silvia

Or

Darling>Callinan
Krak>(Ablett, Pendles, etc) (anything $447,500 below)
cheers

SLICE n DICE

i like option 2 only if callinan is named im not an evans fan at all

PCR10

Yeah But evans has been pulling big scores out 100 in his first game then a 60 then 80 odd last week! WIth melb injuries he may be in for a while, Callinan there is no certainty he will be playing in the cows team but the way they have been playing he could come straight in after maybe 1-2 sanfl games!
Are there any other downgrade options?

PowerBug

You could still go Krak >> Callinan but out of those two options, choice 2.

Fenno

Neither find another option. Evans has already has his first price rise not worth it now and Callinan is still yet to play an SANFL game let alone an AFL game. Im a huge fan of Callinan but I would expect him to play atleast 3 games in the SANFL before he is considered at AFL level so could be some time before we see him.

PCR10

With a midfield of Boyd, Bartel Montagna, Goodes, Swan, Heppell with Krak on the pine

or

A forward line of Pav, chapman, N riewoldt, Higgins, Franklin, Knights, Darling

where you reckon needs work? Darling out for Silvia or Krak out for another premium midfielder?

Fenno

Get Sylvia in a couple of weeks he will be as low as 320k by then probably go for the mid upgrade.

PCR10

Who will i get in to sit on the pine if not callinan?? i was thinking that when swannie returns i can give krak the flic for a premium and get Silvia this week. i will be upgrading Lower in the next month so the cash from him will count there. My safe bet would be Krak out for evans so i got cover by 2 on my mids bench then darling to a sylvia for this week, leaving me with 13 trades then like in 2-3 weeks lower downgrade cash to a Hibbered or a Mzungu for an upgrade to Pendles/Ablett etc thought there?

Problems

Go back to the drawing board and gave a rethink mate

Evans: you've missed the boat, don't expect those scores to continue (see Lynch from GC)
Kraka: should get a run thru the mids with Swan& Daisy out
Callinan: still rookie listed, hasn't played a footy match in over 12 weeks

If you really need to downgrade Darling this week then keep an eye on Isaac Smith being named after a good run in the reserves

Cicjose

I like this strategy PCR

Problems if you have a problem with that strategy then have a look at mine

very similar trade strategy

(involves krak, callinan, prestia, libba)

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,37588.0.html

bundyboy

Thanks all !!

this has probably been one of the most useful little topic threads that i have read  for a little while

important to get something out of these forums - as it gets tougher and tougher to make good decisions at this time of season, and just some good info and insight here.....and not so much waffle and rubbish.....

wish I had something to add - but I don't know enough about these guys...

tks guys  :)