Downgrade Zac Smith, am I crazy?

Started by Proudy1032, June 07, 2011, 03:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudy1032

I have petrie, cox, bailey and smith. Am I crazy to downgrade Smith for the moolah and upgrade Krak and Stanley?

dale93

Yes you are if your gonna at least wait a few weeks till he has hit his peak then milk still got a low as BE

LaHug

It really depends on your situation. If you have a lot of trades left, a very big weak spot and no fattened cash cows to downgrade, then it's ok. But that seems like a very unlikely situation and odds are you have someone else you could get rid of first.

korza

@ Proudy

Brilliant strategy, i am considering a similar move. Both Petrie and Smith are on the fringe of being premiums, and having Bailey as cover for the byes, i see no point in having a premium wasted on the bench.

KORZA

Fenno

I will be downgrading smith but not just yet he has plenty of cash to make still. Wait a few weeks

SLICE n DICE

ill be downgrading ryder and keeping smith on field myself  :P

PowerBug

Clever idea. No real back-up available though.

jabroni

i have cox, sandi, smith and bailey and no way am i downgrading smith until rd 19/20 as rucks can get rested or injured etc and bailey is not certain of playing every game as renouf/hale will be back

Harry_West

Downgrade krak in forward for j tip then swap him with Petrie and play smith on field in ruck

chaosAD

Quote from: Harry_West on June 07, 2011, 04:55:09 PM
Downgrade krak in forward for j tip then swap him with Petrie and play smith on field in ruck
+1
If you can get Petrie in your forward line do that and play Smith, Seems a waste of a trade to get rid of Smith, who will play when Cox has his bye in rd 15 ? Bailey is a risky player injury etc

thatguy

my rucks are cox,sandi, smith and bailey. i have petrie in fwd.

as soon as sandi is back i will downgrade smith for tippett. gives me lots of flexibilty and petrie can float as as my 7th/8th fwd and back up ruck should i need it

Proudy1032

That J tip strategy sounds good, because he is really being wasted on my bench right now!