Andrew Swallow Captain this week?

Started by BarnDogg, June 07, 2011, 03:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fenno

Quote from: LaHug on June 08, 2011, 01:32:39 AM
Quote from: Fenno on June 08, 2011, 12:42:19 AM
Ijust think it gives people an idea of how serious they can take the help I offer them.
I disagree! I feel that my advice is pretty good and should be taken as seriously as yours, but I have an awful ranking. I made big mistakes in preseason and have spent time fixing them. Unfortunately, once you fall so far behind (with early scores in the 1800s), it becomes very difficult to come back.
Just for reference, I'm ranked 20,058 (so obviously not good) but I don't think that says anything negative about the advice I give.

And on the topic of Swallow captain. I still think it's a great option but it's not worth the risk if you should win your game without doing it (if going for league/eliminator) - unless you're going to dominate and a captain's 80 can't hurt you!
I never said anyone elses info was bad. I think you can give good info at any rank. But its the same as anything eg. Golf anyone can hand out a good tip but your going to take the info of a scratch handicapper or a pro over someone on a 20 handicap. Thats why I put my ranking it gives people some idea how good the person is the info is coming from.

Ziplock

^ that's a valid point. People will always look to pros before those who aren't. That all being said, a large component of DT is luck- I'm often impressed by those of a high rank, but I weigh people's advice based on judgements and opinions I've seen them voice before. Even so, if I was offered contradictory  advice from one person ranked 100 000th and a person ranked 10th, whom I'd never seen any material from before, it's pretty clear who I, and anyone else, would lend more weight to :P   

Montag

Ijust think it gives people an idea of how serious they can take the help I offer them.
I disagree! I feel that my advice is pretty good and should be taken as seriously as yours, but I have an awful ranking. I made big mistakes in preseason and have spent time fixing them. Unfortunately, once you fall so far behind (with early scores in the 1800s), it becomes very difficult to come back.
Just for reference, I'm ranked 20,058 (so obviously not good) but I don't think that says anything negative about the advice I give.

And on the topic of Swallow captain. I still think it's a great option but it's not worth the risk if you should win your game without doing it (if going for league/eliminator) - unless you're going to dominate and a captain's 80 can't hurt you!

fenno so if your ranking gives people an idea of good advice then why did you tell me not to get shiels and broughton...

la hug is a fine example of the many on here ranked outside the top 10,000. they are on here to improve and get into the top 10,000.

zippy are you a politician in real life. Seriously are you krudd or co.

hardnut

some interesting philosophical discussion guys but lets just all enjoy the site snd as always take everyone's posts with a pinch of salt. DT is a strictly for fun game so no reason for us to get shirty.  ;)

+ I'm interested in the result of the original thread as I have Swallow too and it's crossed my mind to cap him as GCS conceed so much uncontested ball. The query I ave is that Swallow is more a contested ball type so will the chip stuff help him much? A few cheap marks and we could easily see a 140 from him.

+ I've also kept D.Swallow as I think he'll go hard against his bro, I'm expecting them to play head to head

Fenno

Quote from: Montag on June 08, 2011, 09:06:18 AM

fenno so if your ranking gives people an idea of good advice then why did you tell me not to get shiels and broughton...

la hug is a fine example of the many on here ranked outside the top 10,000. they are on here to improve and get into the top 10,000.

Montag Get your facts right buddy I never said don't get Shiels I just said thier are better mids out there and im right about that and I said you might want to wait an extra week before jumping on Broughton to see if he can keep up his good form. I didn't so don't get them at all. I stand by what I said because I would rather pay extra for broughton and know that his 1 good score wasn't a fluke than get him and he returns to his poor scores

Ziplock

Quote from: hardnut on June 08, 2011, 10:29:21 AM
some interesting philosophical discussion guys but lets just all enjoy the site snd as always take everyone's posts with a pinch of salt. DT is a strictly for fun game so no reason for us to get shirty.  ;)

+ I'm interested in the result of the original thread as I have Swallow too and it's crossed my mind to cap him as GCS conceed so much uncontested ball. The query I ave is that Swallow is more a contested ball type so will the chip stuff help him much? A few cheap marks and we could easily see a 140 from him.

+ I've also kept D.Swallow as I think he'll go hard against his bro, I'm expecting them to play head to head

I also have A Swallow and want this to return to topic :'(
Quote from: Montag on June 08, 2011, 09:06:18 AM

lol. Labor and Lib both wish I was a politician :P

To be fair on Fenno's advice, what he said was legit. None of us are psychic, and whilst shiels was beasting it and would have been an awesome player to start with, I wouldn't define his cailbre as worthy of a top 6 mid position as of yet. And waiting another week on borughts also made logical sense- he had been delivering showerhouse scores all year, personally I still think he will revert back to his lockdown role.

as for better mids, montags would you honestly rate shiels above players like pendles, boyd, selwood as proven performers, even ablett, mitchell, hodge are looking at coming back. Swan when he's over his injury. Thompson's also been looking the goods this year. A Swallow as well. Fenno was just playing it safe. That being said what's the quote?
'you gotta risk it to get the biscuit' ?

Red Pig

LaHug

I still have two mid spots to fill. Does anyone think A. Swallow (under $400k!) is a good pick for one of these spots? When's the North bye? This thread has actually got me considering him (especially considering my cash situation doesn't allow me to get the more expensive guys).
My midfield is: Boyd, Selwood, Pendlebury, Mitchell, Heppell (to move back), Chapman (to move forward) - Krakouer, Bewick, Mzungu
Also, I really need a mid/fwd DPP in my forward line... any options?

But yeah, Swallow a good pick up or is he likely to lose his form eventually?

Ziplock

rd 21, first week of finals. I wouldn't pick him up purely because of the league bye. That being said, I think (and hope) this form will continue. I would be putting Ablett and Swan (when he comes back) as your last 2 mids.

LaHug

Yeah, that was my thoughts. Ablett and Swan. But Ablett's getting a bit pricey now...

Ziplock

LaHug

Can't get him this week. But his B/E is 109 so he hopefully won't go up much by next week. Gonna have to double downgrade this week :(

Montag

andrew swallow. based on previous form i would stay away. he burnt me for so long there and now he is starting to repay. he might fall back into his 60-80 form so far he has been rollercoaster but yeah if you are going to get on get in quick

Windigo

Had him since the start.  8)

Form issue?

Averaging 123+ from his last 3 and 101 for the season.

17 possessions,10 clearance & a goal in the first QTR.

Montag

yeah he looks good from those stats but a few weeks back was sitting at 350k and ave 90 for season. if you think he can saty 100 av for rest of year i would get on. if you could afford i would look at michael rischitelli. much more consistent and he has already had his two byes. hard to split b and f between him and gaj