Andrew Swallow Captain this week?

Started by BarnDogg, June 07, 2011, 03:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fenno

Quote from: Montag on June 07, 2011, 10:47:13 PM
good on you care factor...zero
you guys shot me for picking these guys and absoloutely tried to convince me no but guess what i am the one with shiels and broughton so..... even tho u have a top 500 rasnking u dont know a good unique pick when you see one
oh heres another for you Michael Rischitelli
Ranked 431 I think I may have a few more decent picks than you and know a bit more about team management. I just don't tell everyone about them like you do.

elephants

tor01doc

Hawks Cats will possibly break all time possession records with chip chip chip style of play...? Selwood.

Ziplock

Honestly, Montags top 3000 ranking isn't bad fenno. And yeah montags, your pick of Shiels was good (even though he did subpar against freo), and determination to hold onto broughton is admirable (although when freos injuries return he will be placed into a lock down role). But, you've also made your share of mistakes. Trading in redden and then trading him out again prematurely is one that I'm going to mention (once again).

How many trades do you have left ftr?

Basically, I agree with Fenno that you've been tooting your own horn a little bit too much- for instance, cotchin did pretty decent as my mid pricer (I traded him out a couple of weeks back when he peaked) but I'm not boasting about it. Andrew Swallow has also been doing well in the past couple of weeks, but I'm not really boasting about that either (although it makes me very happy).

You broke some of the rules and it's worked for you to a degree, good effort.

All this being said, Fenno, it's not really necessary to bag on about it. The difference between you and him is probably more luck rather than skill, you say you don't bang on about your ranking but you kinda do... like in this post, a rank of 2000 odd is good, and you don't have to throw your own ranking in his face either. Congrats for the high ranking ftr, I hope you can maintain/ improve on it.

Basically, too much hate going on, chill.

Chelskiman

Fenno

Quote from: Ziplock on June 07, 2011, 11:53:31 PM
Honestly, Montags top 3000 ranking isn't bad fenno. And yeah montags, your pick of Shiels was good (even though he did subpar against freo), and determination to hold onto broughton is admirable (although when freos injuries return he will be placed into a lock down role). But, you've also made your share of mistakes. Trading in redden and then trading him out again prematurely is one that I'm going to mention (once again).

How many trades do you have left ftr?

Basically, I agree with Fenno that you've been tooting your own horn a little bit too much- for instance, cotchin did pretty decent as my mid pricer (I traded him out a couple of weeks back when he peaked) but I'm not boasting about it. Andrew Swallow has also been doing well in the past couple of weeks, but I'm not really boasting about that either (although it makes me very happy).

You broke some of the rules and it's worked for you to a degree, good effort.

All this being said, Fenno, it's not really necessary to bag on about it. The difference between you and him is probably more luck rather than skill, you say you don't bang on about your ranking but you kinda do... like in this post, a rank of 2000 odd is good, and you don't have to throw your own ranking in his face either. Congrats for the high ranking ftr, I hope you can maintain/ improve on it.

Basically, too much hate going on, chill.
Dude I never bang on about my team or my ranking. I rarely even put my ranking up in the what are you ranked posts. the only reason I said it here is because I am sick of Montag talking himself up and was telling him even though I am ranked where I am myself I don't talk about it. So don't say I kinda do bang on about my ranking because I don't. Even better find me a post that I have writen where I have banged on about my ranking other than what I said to montag in here.

Fair enough your right Ziplock that we need to settle down but do make up stuff that isn't true.

Ziplock

You're personal message under your display name flaunts your ranking every time you post. :P

What I was trying to get at was you're proud of your ranking, fair enough, he's proud of some of his choices, fair enough. You both demonstrate your pride in different ways.

That being said, montags way was getting up my nose as well. Just ftr dude, you don't need to make posts saying how happy you are with the individual players you've chosen, it isn't needed and just really annoys people, I think you can probably see that.

Don't take it the wrong way Fenno, I've got no issue with you displaying your ranking the way you do, but before you say that's not you banging on about it, think of it this way, would you display your rank if you didn't even make the top 50 000?

anyway, no need to argue this pointlessly anymore, we should all be talking about the viability of Swallow as a captain.

Him head to head with ablett could provide an issue... just ftr, who does everyone think will win- north or gc?

Fenno

Quote from: Ziplock on June 08, 2011, 12:36:08 AM
You're personal message under your display name flaunts your ranking every time you post. :P

What I was trying to get at was you're proud of your ranking, fair enough, he's proud of some of his choices, fair enough. You both demonstrate your pride in different ways.

That being said, montags way was getting up my nose as well. Just ftr dude, you don't need to make posts saying how happy you are with the individual players you've chosen, it isn't needed and just really annoys people, I think you can probably see that.

Don't take it the wrong way Fenno, I've got no issue with you displaying your ranking the way you do, but before you say that's not you banging on about it, think of it this way, would you display your rank if you didn't even make the top 50 000?

anyway, no need to argue this pointlessly anymore, we should all be talking about the viability of Swallow as a captain.

Him head to head with ablett could provide an issue... just ftr, who does everyone think will win- north or gc?
To be honest yea I would display my ranking whatever it is and when im gone from the eliminator it will say eliminated and what rd I was knocked out. Ijust think it gives people an idea of how serious they can take the help I offer them.

BillMurray

You guys realize that of the 280 000 teams, only about half should be considered real teams where people actually bother to check their teams weekly. In saying that im ranked 920-something and pretty content thus far... ;)

Ziplock

really? Honestly, if that's true that shows a great deal of integrity.

and billmurray, don't destroy our delusions :P

BillMurray

my apologies, please resume your heated battle... ::)

Fenno

LEV

LaHug

Quote from: Fenno on June 08, 2011, 12:42:19 AM
Ijust think it gives people an idea of how serious they can take the help I offer them.
I disagree! I feel that my advice is pretty good and should be taken as seriously as yours, but I have an awful ranking. I made big mistakes in preseason and have spent time fixing them. Unfortunately, once you fall so far behind (with early scores in the 1800s), it becomes very difficult to come back.
Just for reference, I'm ranked 20,058 (so obviously not good) but I don't think that says anything negative about the advice I give.

And on the topic of Swallow captain. I still think it's a great option but it's not worth the risk if you should win your game without doing it (if going for league/eliminator) - unless you're going to dominate and a captain's 80 can't hurt you!

yorgis

i think if anyone rides their high horse and says things like that they should also tell us when they fall off, or don't say anything at all. does'nt matter how good you may think you are you ALWAYS make mistakes