Andrew Swallow Captain this week?

Started by BarnDogg, June 07, 2011, 03:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarnDogg

Am I crazy?

Last 3 weeks 116, 116, 138.
Destroyed the Crows on Sunday and playing Gold Coast this week.

Generalsor

Barndog you aren't crazy. Should blitz the Suns this week - i don't have him and my midfield is complete, but my wife has him in her team because she knew him a couple years back when him and his wife lived in Perth. He's been pretty good this year but a little inconsistent here and there because of a struggling team. His last 3 weeks though suggest great form.

But a word of caution. I went with a pirate's advice and selected Joel Selwood as Captain over Dean Cox last week and lost 2 league games because of it. Selwood is also in great form and was set to dominate, but didnt.

Not saying you shouldnt consider Swallow but make sure you consider all other options first.

Ziplock

I'll give swallow consideration this week. I gave thompson consideration last week, but then last minute changed to cox on the basis
'thompson + swallow will come head to head and I don't want to bet on the outcome'
dodged that bullet :P

BarnDogg

Wise words Generalsor, I two went Selwood over Cox this week, but I won my league and Eliminator anyway. Was still a bit annoyed though.

My choices are Pendles, Boyd, Selwood, Murphy, Swallow, and Cox.

I guess Cox is the obvious choice.

LaHug

Check out your opponent's team and see if you need an edge or not. If you do, take Swallow. If not, it may be best to take the safer option in Cox.

PowerBug

Windigo

BU1101

Interesting. Could pay off. Was an emotional game for boomer, may relax a bit away, against an easy side. Anyone considered petrie... he destroyed rutten and could obliterate the suns defence this week.

Holz

Quote from: BU1101 on June 07, 2011, 06:34:35 PM
Interesting. Could pay off. Was an emotional game for boomer, may relax a bit away, against an easy side. Anyone considered petrie... he destroyed rutten and could obliterate the suns defence this week.

this game is bigger this is when Boomer becomes the new record holder, last week he just equalled the great archer. Swallow could definitely post a huge score, i can tell you the roos will not relax for this game they are much lower on the ladder than they should be and they need to win big this week to show that. This will probably the the game for the roos that they most want to win so far this season.

There is also the swallow v swallow factor to take into account. All i can say is im a little scared playing Windigo with swallow as his captain.

Windigo

Might get in Rischa & Fisher this week if I do the old dodgy trade of Boak......

Ziplock

Swallow v swallow is a very valid point, if I was Andy I would be playing pretty hard out against my lil bros team.

That being said, I think we;'ll probs see a big game from D Swallow as well.

Montag

you arent crazy but you would have balls the size of watermelons. Huge risk but also huge pay-off. he will get at leat 80 garunteed but how much could go up to 140. I dont know where he will fall but good idea. didnt d.swallow get suspended

Fenno

Oh Montag your back you never answered all of our question so now your online whare are you ranked?

Swallow will get 100 but I don'tthink he will reach last weeks score

PowerBug

Quote from: Montag on June 07, 2011, 07:14:44 PM
you arent crazy but you would have balls the size of watermelons. Huge risk but also huge pay-off. he will get at leat 80 garunteed but how much could go up to 140. I dont know where he will fall but good idea. didnt d.swallow get suspended

DSwallow got let off with no charges so Swallow v Swallow will go ahead.

If one performs, will the other lift his his game too thus me keeping DSwallow instead of trading to Mundy.

Windigo

I had the balls to go Redden Vs GC and he got 64. Just about killed me......This feels eerily familiar.  :P