Started by RiOtChEsS, June 07, 2011, 02:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Quote from: Holzman on June 07, 2012, 09:58:16 PM
Quote from: Jayman on June 07, 2012, 09:35:56 PM
Quote from: Cicjose on June 07, 2012, 09:23:10 PM
i have been using the Miami Heat in NBA games since 1997
your a true fan :)

Not having a go at long-term fans like you Cicjose...just the guys that have bandwagoned over to Miami in the last couple of years im getting quite annoyed at.

im a lebron fan so I moved from the cavs to miami when he did, i see no problem with this. But yeah alot of people have jumped on the heat, its quite annoying actually for me I actually dont like the heat but i go for them just because lebron is in it. Would love to See Lebron v Durrant in the finals, i think Celtics will get killed by OKC if they win and i hate to say this but they have got lucky a Rose-less Bulls and bascially a Bosh-less Heat (he still doesn't look 100%).

Saying them im being harsh as celtics are my least favourite team.
yeah i can see why you'd follow Lebron, he's a star

I to would like to see Durant vs Bron...the two best players going head to head 8)

Now now, celts wont get killed mate! Sure they mightn't win but they are a very competitive group the Celts who would love to go out on a high, the wont go down easy trust me...but yeah unlikely they'll will lol

Boston's playoff run hasnt been as easy as you think mate: came up against the Hawks first round who are a great team...and even though it was tight they came out on top....they then came up against Philly who are a solid team with depth, very similar to Pacers who Heat struggled against, and once again the Celts came out on top

Who knows what will happen tomorrow but Boston are in the box seat when it looke unlilely they would come close to Miami

Holz

Quote from: Jayman on June 07, 2012, 10:06:36 PM

Not having a go at long-term fans like you Cicjose...just the guys that have bandwagoned over to Miami in the last couple of years im getting quite annoyed at.

im a lebron fan so I moved from the cavs to miami when he did, i see no problem with this. But yeah alot of people have jumped on the heat, its quite annoying actually for me I actually dont like the heat but i go for them just because lebron is in it. Would love to See Lebron v Durrant in the finals, i think Celtics will get killed by OKC if they win and i hate to say this but they have got lucky a Rose-less Bulls and bascially a Bosh-less Heat (he still doesn't look 100%).

I to would like to see Durant vs Bron...the two best players going head to head 8)

Now now, celts wont get killed mate! Sure they mightn't win but they are a very competitive group the Celts who would love to go out on a high, the wont go down easy trust me...but yeah unlikely they'll will lol

Boston's playoff run hasnt been as easy as you think mate: came up against the Hawks first round who are a great team...and even though it was tight they came out on top....they then came up against Philly who are a solid team with depth, very similar to Pacers who Heat struggled against, and once again the Celts came out on top

Who knows what will happen tomorrow but Boston are in the box seat when it looke unlilely they would come close to Miami

The reason why i think the celtics have no chance against the thunder is i dont think they will be able to keep up the pace. The weakness of the heat is the lack of quality big men and with bosh out the Celtics have been able to exploit this. The thunder have really good talls and i think they beat the celtics in this matchup. I cant see the celtics having the legs to run with westbrook and durrant. Against the spurs I would have gave them a good chance but if they do beat the heat sadly i think its going to be another win for the west (I say sadly as its not the Clippers)

Jay

Quote from: Holzman on June 07, 2012, 10:11:14 PM

The reason why i think the celtics have no chance against the thunder is i dont think they will be able to keep up the pace. The weakness of the heat is the lack of quality big men and with bosh out the Celtics have been able to exploit this. The thunder have really good talls and i think they beat the celtics in this matchup. I cant see the celtics having the legs to run with westbrook and durrant. Against the spurs I would have gave them a good chance but if they do beat the heat sadly i think its going to be another win for the west (I say sadly as its not the Clippers)
cant disagree with that unfortunately :(

LaHug

Quote from: Jayman on June 07, 2012, 10:33:20 PM
Quote from: Holzman on June 07, 2012, 10:11:14 PM

If you look at the position by position matchups...

PG: Rondo vs. Westbrook
A month ago, I'd have backed Westbrook all the way but, right now, I say Rondo. In fact, I think Rondo will basically make Westbrook a non-factor.

SG: Allen vs. Harden (yes, he's off the bench but he'll be there when it counts)
Harden wins hands down. Allen's just a three point shot right now (considering his legs) whereas Harden is an everything.

SF: Pierce vs. Durant
Durant wins during the main parts and he's probably the only SF in the competition that I would put above Pierce in the clutch. Durant should win this on athleticism and size, as well as a slight edge in clutch shooting.

PF: Bass vs. Ibaka
Ibaka will eliminate Bass defensively making Bass a non-factor. Ibaka unlikely to be a huge impact on the offensive end though.

C: Garnett vs. Perkins
Perkins is a great defender but Garnett's length and elbow jumper will be too much for Perk. I'd like to think Ibaka might switch onto Garnett but Perkins and Bass don't really match up well. No matter what they do, this is a loss for the Thunder.

Rondo should provide most of his magic while quieting Westbrook and Garnett should do his business but Durant and Harden win their matchups too easily giving the Thunder the series win. That being said, I don't think it'll be a blowout at all. Expecting 6 or 7 games if these two teams meet.

cant disagree with that unfortunately :(

Cicjose

valkorum

Cicjose

Miami 26 - Boston 16 end of 1st

Miami 55 - Boston 35 end of 2nd

Mat0369

What a BS technical against KG

Cicjose

Miami 74 - Boston 61 end of 3rd

Miami 98 - Boston 79 end of Game

LeBron James 45 points, 15 rebounds and 5 assists

Dwyane Wade 17 points, 8 rebounds and 4 assists

BoredSaint

Quote from: Jayman on June 07, 2012, 08:54:08 PM
ive had enough of these heat and thunder bandwagon supporters! Not directing this at anyone in particular but I guarantee a heap of the thunder & heat fans only joined up in the last 2 years when okc matured into a championship team and heat sigmed Queen James and Chris 'dinosaur' Bosh.....really hope boston (who were wrote off last year) run their noses in it and win it all
Mate.. ive been going for heat before they won the championship in 2006.. Before that I didnt even know what basketball was :P

Jay

flowering terrible performance my BOS....but i suppose if LBJ plays like that, heat wont lose often

Shaggy

Quote from: Jayman on June 08, 2012, 06:35:44 PM
flowering terrible performance my BOS....but i suppose if LBJ plays like that, heat wont lose often

I wouldn't say terrible. Just sloppy and that really made the further efforts redundant. What was terrible was continually giving the ball to Pierce to shoot from outside when he was struggling to hit the side of a door on the front of a flowering hanger.

monstrum

i'v only just got back into the NBA now that i'v figgured out how to watch it  ;) so just putting that out there only really been watching these last 2 series...

just finished watching game 6 pretty dissapointing from Boston, not much you can do when Lebron is scoring like he was, but Celtics wasted alot of opportunity...

Wondering what peoples thought on Rondo are can he acctually shoot 3 pointers, it seems to me that it's probly the only thing missing from his game 261 career attempts put this against Wade 1,113, Durrant 1,544.
Is this something he should be doing?, he gets alot of chances...

Shaggy

Rondo isn't much of a shooter having only really made a massive improvement in his shooting abilities in the last 2 seasons.  He is a traditional passing point guard and I'm happy for him to remaina s one, making his drives for lay ups and setting up the other fellas. But when Pierce shoots like he did in game 6, it makes it difficult for a passing PG to succeed.

Game 7. Very good first half from Boston while Heat keep up with them with LBJ going alright and Bosh smashing a three. 10 turnovers by Miami and add in 9 steals by the Celtics carved them up in the first half.

BOS 53-46 MIA

2 large cokes

OKC v MIA it is!

Durant v James
Harden v Wade

Juicy as matchups!