Main Menu

NBA Season 2011-12

Started by RiOtChEsS, June 07, 2011, 02:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackMamba

Horford choke lol, Marquis Daniels so lucky.

Cicjose

i'm aware of that but Mamba implied that because we lost last year that we will so again this year

BlackMamba

No, I was just saying you were probably just as confident at this stage last year but look what happened. I don't get how that is implying that the Heat will lose again this year. You quoted the stats first and I just reminded you what happened last year when these stats would have said Heat would kill the Mavs.

My point is the same stats that were quoted last year are probably similar to this year's ones (LeBron and Wade are the top few players in terms of PER). However, look what happened last year. Mavs beat the Heat. I would assume that LeBron and Wade's PERs last year were greater than Dirk's. That means you can't really on regular season stats to determine which team is better in the play offs like you did in that post by implying the Heat will beat the Thunder because of better PERs.

Listen, the Heat are favorites and are deserving so. They got the soon to be crowned MVP, Wade and Bosh.  They may walk through the East, but the West will provide much tougher competition so don't for one sec be under the illusion that Heat are guaranteed to win it all just because a couple of stats say so.

Anyways Ty Lawson and Corey Brewer just torched the Lakers to bring it to game 7.

Master Q

Celtics  8)

KG is back baby.

Cicjose

Quote from: BlackMamba on May 11, 2012, 04:17:10 PM
No, I was just saying you were probably just as confident at this stage last year but look what happened. I don't get how that is implying that the Heat will lose again this year. You quoted the stats first and I just reminded you what happened last year when these stats would have said Heat would kill the Mavs.

My point is the same stats that were quoted last year are probably similar to this year's ones (LeBron and Wade are the top few players in terms of PER). However, look what happened last year. Mavs beat the Heat. I would assume that LeBron and Wade's PERs last year were greater than Dirk's. That means you can't really on regular season stats to determine which team is better in the play offs like you did in that post by implying the Heat will beat the Thunder because of better PERs.

Listen, the Heat are favorites and are deserving so. They got the soon to be crowned MVP, Wade and Bosh.  They may walk through the East, but the West will provide much tougher competition so don't for one sec be under the illusion that Heat are guaranteed to win it all just because a couple of stats say so.

Anyways Ty Lawson and Corey Brewer just torched the Lakers to bring it to game 7.

we still haven't solved the problems of last year

(a good PG, a good center (improvement yes), perimeter defence)

Master Q

Quote from: Cicjose on May 11, 2012, 05:55:23 PM
Quote from: BlackMamba on May 11, 2012, 04:17:10 PM

we still haven't solved the problems of last year

(a good PG, a good center (improvement yes), perimeter defence)
Only one of those is fixable IMO. Having a very strong PG is just unrealistic, same goes with a Centre. Can't have a strong PG, Star SG, Star SF, Strong PF, Strong C. It's not that easy.

Jay

Quote from: BlackMamba on May 11, 2012, 01:41:08 PM
Horford choke lol, Marquis Daniels so lucky.
haha thats the way the cookie crumbles

Quote from: Master Q on May 11, 2012, 05:49:27 PM
Celtics  8)

KG is back baby.
flower YES 8)

WE ARE COMING FOR YOU PHILLY

BlackMamba

Agree with Master Q. Chalmers is a good perimeter shooter and decent defender anyways. You don't need a star PG when LeBron is running the point and Wade is the secondary ball handler. Also, Shane Battier provides some good perimeter defence as well so that's an improvement to last year. Add the fact that Miller was injured, you have another 3 point shooter. IMO, last year's problems were bench depth and closing out games. I think the bench depth issue has been solved but closing out games, especially important ones remains to be seen.

Btw check this out Master Q http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NbBlgOaq5A

KG rips the Hawks owner for calling him the dirtiest player lol. What a legend!

Jay

BlackMamba

Master Q

Haha  :P

That shot by KG  :-*

I can see us going all the way. Seriously.

Jay

Quote from: Master Q on May 11, 2012, 06:19:35 PM
I can see us going all the way. Seriously.
we have the ability to

Windigo

Dysmal performance by the lakers in game 6.

Gasol & Bynum only 13 points between them and failed miserably.  :(

Byrant said the only one he can count on is "World Peace."

.....God help us all.  8)

BlackMamba

Quote from: Windigo on May 13, 2012, 11:08:35 PM
Dysmal performance by the lakers in game 6.

Gasol & Bynum only 13 points between them and failed miserably.  :(

Byrant said the only one he can count on is "World Peace."

.....God help us all.  8)

Hey Windigo, I don't if you know but they won game 7 today.

RiOtChEsS

Kobe loves to play the underdog card this year he has been quick to whack team mates and management...

Age, scenario and bulletin board material for his late game mindset... needs to believe the world is against him to have the mamba