Main Menu

NBA Season 2011-12

Started by RiOtChEsS, June 07, 2011, 02:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

Quote from: valkorum on January 06, 2012, 12:55:50 PM
Good move by the Kings.  Now we just need to get a decent coach (not that many are probably available)

We have given the top job to current assistant Keith Smart.  Previously an assistant for 7 years at GSW

http://www.iamagm.com/news/2012/01/05/kings.make.keith.smart.their.permanent.head.coach

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: valkorum on January 06, 2012, 07:12:23 PM
Quote from: valkorum on January 06, 2012, 12:55:50 PM
Good move by the Kings.  Now we just need to get a decent coach (not that many are probably available)

We have given the top job to current assistant Keith Smart.  Previously an assistant for 7 years at GSW

http://www.iamagm.com/news/2012/01/05/kings.make.keith.smart.their.permanent.head.coach
yep rekn he took over for awhile too or had a short gig as a head coach somewhere, definite great move tho and got a W in gm 1

Quote from: Cicjose on January 06, 2012, 06:09:12 PM
how about the triple overtme win hey?
sensational win, best win for the year so far, no LBJ Wade and Chalmers steps up an drops 29, dude is Roto Gold with his %s etc

Cicjose

i prefer Chuck Norris Cole,

but Chalmers has stepped it up immensely to make sure he stays the number 1 PG at the Heat

RiOtChEsS

i think its awesome that 1 Chalmers hung around and took a pay cut and 2 we have unearthed Cole instead of signing a Bibby, Baron Davis, Gilbert Arenas type Guard whose only way is down... hopefully Eddie Curry gets fitter soon to add some depth down low

Wes Mantooth

Speaking of Heat, did anyone see LeBron's travel in the first quarter on a fastbreak? Gees... worst travel I have seen in my life and I've been playing basketball a long time!

RiOtChEsS

thats just the NBA, if ur a star u get away with anything... and even then they give ya an extra step to standard basketball ::)

i remember a Shawn Kemp fastbreak dunk from the 90's that was full tilt and looked ok at first, when u saw it in slo mo he took like 5 steps ;D it was ridiculous, he took one dribble past mid court ??? took the rebound maybe 3-4 total dribbles one end to the other and tub-a-hot-jam :P il try find it on the tube for ya ;)

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: Marcz on January 09, 2012, 01:14:26 AM
thats just the NBA, if ur a star u get away with anything... and even then they give ya an extra step to standard basketball ::)

i remember a Shawn Kemp fastbreak dunk from the 90's that was full tilt and looked ok at first, when u saw it in slo mo he took like 5 steps ;D it was ridiculous, he took one dribble past mid court ??? took the rebound maybe 3-4 total dribbles one end to the other and tub-a-hot-jam :P il try find it on the tube for ya ;)

I know that but check it out on nba.com highlights of the game...

You mean this Kemp rebound-dunk? There's maybe 3 steps...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OPvh7jdeeo&feature=related
It's number 7... man... Kemp was the best... why did he have to ruin his career... he was my bball idol.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Marcz on January 09, 2012, 01:14:26 AM

haha here ya go its number 7 ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQeMhYJe5JA literally 4 dribbles length of the court 1 passed half way... it looks fair enuf but dont be fooled and really look at his feet from his last dribble... all u young'uns pay attention the rain man/man child is in the house 8)

RiOtChEsS

haha yep dude was amazing 8) got his bio tape (vcr) he completely cleared a guy in high school off a two foot dunk :o bloke had to have both legs rebroken and wear splints as a kid too bcos he was bowlegged :o

Cicjose

since we are talking about dunks a great example right here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa9BkcW1ebw

valkorum

DeMarcus Cousins taking it to Dwight Howard

D Howard -- 5 fouls,  0 points 4 mins left to the 3rd quarter.  Kings down by 5

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: valkorum on January 09, 2012, 12:43:11 PM
DeMarcus Cousins taking it to Dwight Howard

D Howard -- 5 fouls,  0 points 4 mins left to the 3rd quarter.  Kings down by 5
flower me im making poor salary cap decisions ::)

valkorum

He ended up with about 5 points and 5 rebounds but the Magic still got the win :(

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: valkorum on January 09, 2012, 03:04:26 PM
He ended up with about 5 points and 5 rebounds but the Magic still got the win :(
yeah DMC played well, Big Baby played well filling in for DH12 too tho which offset it...

i thought Dwight would have pillaged the Kings small front line for a monster 20/20 game ::)

valkorum

DMC monstered him early and got him in early foul trouble which kept him out of the game.