Main Menu

NBA Season 2011-12

Started by RiOtChEsS, June 07, 2011, 02:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cicjose

i'm sure there is....

im sure there was a whole thread dedicated to who people go for somewhere?

Mat0369

Quote from: Marcz on March 27, 2012, 12:00:39 AM
obviously not or they would have... everyone knew Sessions was trade bait this year.

Sessions is a good player, but u cant make me pay a decent amount for something i know ur throwing in the bin soon ;)

Love is definitely in it, has missed a few games now (whether or not that factors into the equation :-\ )
100% correct on Sessions. Kyrie Irving was always going to be the starter in Cleveland. He has played well in his first season making Sessions expendable. Sessions was not going to be in Cleveland next season so they might as well get something for him instead of nothing when he leaves in free agency.

Master Q

Love is killing it. I've always been a fan of him  8)

Cookie Monster

Quote from: Jukes on March 27, 2012, 02:06:06 PM
Any other Thunder fans here?
No, I just like to post about how good they are and how much of a god Durant is.

MajorLazer

Quote from: Cookie Monster on March 27, 2012, 10:03:53 PM
No, I just like to post about how good they are and how much of a god Durant is.
Well I am. :P

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Cookie Monster on March 27, 2012, 10:03:53 PM
Supporting teams is so 20th century.

BlackMamba

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 27, 2012, 02:51:30 PM
obviously not or they would have... everyone knew Sessions was trade bait this year.

Sessions is a good player, but u cant make me pay a decent amount for something i know ur throwing in the bin soon ;)

Love is definitely in it, has missed a few games now (whether or not that factors into the equation :-\ )
100% correct on Sessions. Kyrie Irving was always going to be the starter in Cleveland. He has played well in his first season making Sessions expendable. Sessions was not going to be in Cleveland next season so they might as well get something for him instead of nothing when he leaves in free agency.

Would you really take on Luke Walton's contract (and Kapono who wass waivered) which still has a year to run just to get something for Sessions? He hates on the Lakers but he would give up someone like Sessions for a bunch of contra assets (yes I know they got a late first rd pick). I rather have the expiring contract  and free cap room, then take shower players who aren't even a quarter of Session's value and have to pay them for another year.

My other thought on this one-sided deal is perhaps Gilbert was so scared of a similar FA situation that he would take anything at all just so that he players don't leave for free.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: BlackMamba on March 27, 2012, 11:42:09 PM
Quote from: Mat0369 on March 27, 2012, 02:51:30 PM

Would you really take on Luke Walton's contract (and Kapono who wass waivered) which still has a year to run just to get something for Sessions? He hates on the Lakers but he would give up someone like Sessions for a bunch of contra assets (yes I know they got a late first rd pick). I rather have the expiring contract  and free cap room, then take shower players who aren't even a quarter of Session's value and have to pay them for another year.

My other thought on this one-sided deal is perhaps Gilbert was so scared of a similar FA situation that he would take anything at all just so that he players don't leave for free.
it seems like a poor deal on the surface but for it to be official it ticked the obligatory boxes...

big picture is Sessions 25yo drafted in the 2nd round was traded to the Cleveland when the Cavs were eying Derrick Williams with their number 1 pick, essentially they saw more upside in Kyrie which in turn killed off the potential role planned for Sessions, but they also had the 4th pick where they acquired Tristan Thompson, a Power Forward like Williams, considerably rawer than Williams but depth at guard in the draft wasnt flash, so they got the best combo for their two picks, bare in mind even had The Cavs offered more money than anyone else he would essentially be a backup PG, Sessions is young enough he would sign where he felt he could have a starting role and possibly flourish.
Gilbert now is armed with enough picks from these two years to create a nucleus of 4-5 elite young guys that could grow together thru opportunities for big minutes immediately, he hopes to galvanize them as a group so they all sign their second contracts with the team around the time they realize their team potential if they commit to staying together.

TBH i think he is a reasonably clever guy playing the few cards he has as a small market NBA owner...

Whats is free, brings people together and man has been selling since the dawn of time?

if u cant win championships u better be peddling hope or ur flowered :D

Cicjose

15th straight home win for the season by Miami tonight v Dallas

106-85

Lebron James 19
Chris Bosh 19
Udonis Haslem 16
Dwayne Wade 16
Mario Chalmers 12
Norris Cole 10

16th straight home win v Philadelphia

99-93

Lebron James 41
Mario Chalmers 19
Chris Bosh 17

17th straight home win v Oklahoma

98-93

Lebron James 34
Dwyane Wade 19
Mario Chalmers 13
Chris Bosh 12

Windigo

valkorum

Look at the nba.com video section.  Blake has just dominated P Gasol with 2 monster dunks over him.

BlackMamba

Houston Rockets 22 game winning streak home and away in 2008. 2nd longest in history.

Bulls 44 straight home games in 1995 and 1996 season.

Cicjose

Record stopped at 17

Memphis 97 - Miami 82

BlackMamba

Miami Heat home streak over.

Memphis 97 Heat 82

All round team performance from the Grizzlies. 7 players making double digits in scoring with Gay leading at 17.

Rudy Gay 17

Marreese Speights 15

Marc Gasol 10

Mike Conley 15

Zach Randolph 14

OJ Mayo 10

Gilbert Arenas 12

For the Heat

Lebron James 21

Chris Bosh 19

Dwyane Wade 20

Can't expect the Heat to win when the Big 3 only average 20 points each.

Cicjose

Heat beat Pistons 98-75

no Wade (9 games he has missed this season 8-1 record without him)

Lebron James 26
Chris Bosh 22
James Jones 18
Norris Cole 10 (in 4 minutes)

add to that Chicago losing means Miami is one game behind Chicago with us to play them twice in the next 10 days