Main Menu

NBA Season 2011-12

Started by RiOtChEsS, June 07, 2011, 02:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiOtChEsS

yeah it cant be finalized until the cba has been ratified but it may have snagged anywho...

The deal will not go through Friday, sources said, and Paul is expected to report to camp with the Hornets. It was not immediately clear, sources said, if the three-way trade involving the Hornets, Lakers and Rockets is merely snagged or in jeopardy.

RiOtChEsS

haw haw haw its the Commissioner...

Sources said that a group of NBA owners, assembled in New York for the ratification of the league's new labor pact with the players, protested vigorously that the league-owned Hornets were trading Paul to the star-studded Lakers and convinced NBA commissioner David Stern to intervene.

"The deal is off," one source told ESPN.com.

its also related to the Lakers trading out 25million in contracts and only getting back CP3's 16 million contract, $ need to be closer in value

BratPack

My god The Angel of Stern has a set.  :o

RiOtChEsS

Paul is apparently considering legal action and not reporting to camp, does not hava leg to stand on tho as it was not official in any way...

Makes u wonder how they r going to trade him tho, owners dont want him going to a big market team and he wont sign an extension with anyone other than one of those big market teams essentially only getting 60 games from him... like trying to sell a ferrari that a million miles on the clock

BratPack

That's the thing, it was pretty much a fair deal and the owners nixed it. It pretty much guarantees CP3 is walking for nothing.

And really if they're going to use the "Basketball Reasons" clause. Bynum for Howard will be nixed too.

bomberboy0618

BP what team do you go for?

BratPack

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on December 09, 2011, 05:52:05 PM
BP what team do you go for?

The Magic. But that's not the reason I think Bynum for Howard should be nixed.

And now....The wisdom of Cavs owner Dan Gilbert

Commissioner,
It would be a travesty to allow the Lakers to acquire Chris Paul in the apparent trade being discussed.
This trade should go to a vote of the 29 owners of the Hornets.
Over the next three seasons this deal would save the Lakers approximately $20 million in salaries and approximately $21 million in luxury taxes. That $21 million goes to non-taxpaying teams and to fund revenue sharing.
I cannot remember ever seeing a trade where a team got by far the best player in the trade and saved over $40 million in the process. And it doesn’t appear that they would give up any draft picks, which might allow to later make a trade for
Dwight Howard. (They would also get a large trade exception that would help them improve their team and/or eventually trade for Howard.) When the Lakers got Pau Gasol (at the time considered an extremely lopsided trade) they took on tens of millions in additional salary and luxury tax and they gave up a number of prospects (one in Marc Gasol who may become a max-salary player).
I just don’t see how we can allow this trade to happen.
I know the vast majority of owners feel the same way that I do.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?
Please advise….
Dan G.
Translation: If we lost LeBron for zipola we're going to be damned if we let you get anything for CP3

bomberboy0618

Pretty much.
I want this trade godammit. Who cares about the finances, if a team wants to do a trade, they should. I dont see how it is that lopsided it needs to be vetoed.

BratPack

Howard reportedly wants to be traded to the Nets and only the Nets.

LET'S SEE YOU VETO THAT ANGEL OF STERN!

RiOtChEsS

w0w im shocked, DH was born in Atlanta Georgia, has no real ties to Brooklyn> where the Nets r moving too in 2013...

Could it be that he rates D Will that much or is this the blowback from the CP3 deal being nixed, therefore CP3 signs as a free agent :-\

Dunno but im loving all the action already...

Fingers crossed Eddie Curry can get his shower sorted out and add a Defensive presence for us, Battier is a good signing too

RiOtChEsS

BratPack

Meanwhile we trade for "Big Baby".

On the plus side....my Brandon Bass flyer pick in fantasy looks a lot better now  :P

RiOtChEsS

odd lookin trade kind of Maccas burger for Hungry Jacks burger :P should be an uptick for both fantasy wise

Tyson Chandler a Knick...

Baron Davis, Chauncey Billups, Mike Miller r possible amnesty casualties... If we cut Miller frees up 5.4m in cap (strokes chin)

bomberboy0618

Hey Marcz do you go for the Heat?
I am pissed that the NBA has vetoed the CP3 trade. It should be that teams only get a trade vetoed if it is so ridiculous it would ruin one of the teams involved. The trade didnt seem like it would do that, yet because the Hornets are league owned it was stopped. >:(

RiOtChEsS

yeah im a Heat fan, maybe the league had enough of LA gettin good end of trades :P jk they did get Pau Gasol for next to nothing tho...

The deal may go thru, probably will need another team involved or something, they want NO to get more out of it...

They have until Monday to get the deal done before the PA get involved and litigation ensues