Main Menu

NBA Season 2011-12

Started by RiOtChEsS, June 07, 2011, 02:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiOtChEsS

With the 2010-11 season all but over and some teams already looking ahead...

This can be the thread for the new season...

Today Mark Jackson has been named the new Coach of The Golden State Warriors, 3yr 6million deal with a 4th year option...

no prior coaching experience but i like the fit his calm PG mentality will be great for the Curry/Ellis combo...

BlackMamba

Apparently they wanna trade Ellis for Iggy. To be honest I am not really a big fan of Iggy, I rkn his overrated.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6633355

Maca24

Think thats a great trade for both teams if it happens.
Igoudala would give Warriors some height and big offensive numbers. Ellis going to Philly would mean Turner can play SF.

BlackMamba

Yeah it's prob good deal for both teams but IMO deal is better for 76ers just cause I don't like Iggy lol.

RiOtChEsS

it doesnt make a lot of sense to me either way... hear me out

Iggy has been experiencing knee tendonitis and achilles tendonitis over the last couple of years and missed several games in that time, The Warriors r predominantly a young team building, while the type of player Iggy is works the fact his body is letting him down makes none...

76ers get Monta Ellis who is a good player but is often guilty of jacking up a million shots at sub par %s combined with the fact that they have 3 young guards for that slot already in Jodie Meeks, Lou Williams and Evan Turner, these guys battled each other for regular minutes last year and all 3 at times showed if given opportunity can start and be productive, if 1 or 2 of these guys wernt dealt its a ludacris trade imo

BlackMamba

I think the problem with GSW is that curry and ellis are too similar, both want the ball in their hands. With Curry and Iggy it means Curry will be the sole guy running plays and stuff. And as Maca24 said b4 it allows 76ers to play Turner at the SF.

IMO, 76ers should take this deal ASAP but GSW are getting ripped off. Iggy isn't the answer. It would be exciting as to see Ellis at 76ers though. And with Ellis gone maybe Jeremy Lin can get more game time  ;D.

RiOtChEsS

what the Warriors and 76ers both really need is a quality BIG man :-X

David Lee and Elton Brand r 6'9, that aint going nowhere in the playoffs...

Hulmie

Yeh i think this trade would make both teams very slightly better it's nuthing major really. 

Also with Iggy i think his problem is that he isn't a go to guy he's better of as a sidekick to another Star which is what Curry can become if the Warriors piss off Ellis.

The 76ers on the other hand do need a strong scoring guard which Ellis is. So it's win win for both teams but in reality it's a nuthing move which wont put either team into title contention.

Also with the big men thing i don't think are any big men available/willing to go to either of those 2 teams.

Hulmie

I think the fact that Michael Beasley might be on the move is a bigger story.

It's either that or Minnesotta will move the 2nd pick so that's an interesting scenario.

Cicjose

Beasley on the move again.......

Where you hear that?

Hulmie

On Hoops Hype and a couple of contacts i have over in the US.

I've heard of Phoenix trading M.Gortat and there pick (13) for the timberwolves Number 2 pick aswell.

Quite simply the Timberwolves don't have another position at the 4/3 with K-Love, M.Beasley, A.Randolph, W.Johnson.

But it's basically either Beasley will be moved or they will shift the 2nd pick somewhere that's what there saying anyways.

Cicjose

Beasley is a gun i reckon if he moves again his career will fall apart

if it hasn't already....

RiOtChEsS

i think Beasley has potential but there is an underlying reason as to why he is being moved CJ...

its easy enough to see, one of ur article posts on him confirmed it...

he wants to be the man... doesnt like to play 2nd fiddle even on the Heat team where he was 2nd scoring option he wasnt happy :-X

cant see any team making him their franchise player, not a lot of D or passing so basically a scorer rebounder...

Hulmie

Personally i would like to see Beasley at the Suns i think he would be a good fit there.

He would have the option of being the main scorer and we all no how much better players play when they play with Nash.

Also the Suns need someone like Beasley because i feel we have one of the worst list's in the game at the moment.

Cicjose

Beasley hasn't been able to adapt at all...

he was main man in college days

Miami picked him up as second fiddle to Wade

Timberwolves struggled this season

he is friends with Kevin Durant

maybe he could go to the Thunder...