dangerous league and ranking team

Started by Holz, June 07, 2011, 01:01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

im down to 8 trades and once again im thinking of double trading. Continous double trading has enabled me to come down from 10k to around 2500.

Gibbs, Deledio, Scotland, Adcock, Goddard, Heppel, Stanley (Pup, Jacobs, Toy)
Swan, Boyd, Bartel, Selwood, Montagna, Pendles (Bewick, Hibberd, I.Smith)
Cox,Smith (Tippet,Bailey)
Franklin, Johnson, Chapman, Riewoldt, Petrie, Higgins, Didak (Mzungu, Richardson,Knights)

i have around 140k in the bank so i was thinking going stanley to shaw, as there arent any other good options. Than with sylvia huge BE i should be able to go knights to sylvia essentially leaving me with 8 forwards so the extra forward can cover the mid forward line or the ruck through petrie.

I have a very important league game this week so i want to move now and i cant see the hamr in getting in shaw this week. Chappy can cover swan and hibberd can cover pendles and mzungu covering dids. I can simply have pups covering shaw as normally he would be my cover anyway even if i didnt have 3 other players out.

will leave me with 6 trades but a team that is pretty strong this time of the season and has heaps of MPP. Can anyone else think of beter trades to use my money and yes im happy with 6 trades for the rest of the season, they will all be for LTIS so as long as i have less than 6 i should be fine.

Gibbs, Deledio, Scotland, Adcock, Goddard, Heppel, Shaw (Pup, Jacobs, Toy)
Swan, Boyd, Bartel, Selwood, Montagna, Pendles (Bewick, Hibberd, I.Smith)
Cox,Smith (Tippet,Bailey)
Franklin, Johnson, Chapman, Riewoldt, Petrie, Higgins, Sylvia (Mzungu, Richardson,Didak)

Lobbus

Dear Holzman, Make sure Sylvia will play this week after his bad corky last week - potentially Franklin and Chappy could also both miss. Rawlings could be a cheaper option and is one of your Kangas. Collingwood may rest palyers near season end - a so called 3rd bye. Good luck.

Holz

Quote from: Lobbus on June 07, 2011, 01:23:35 AM
Dear Holzman, Make sure Sylvia will play this week after his bad corky last week - potentially Franklin and Chappy could also both miss. Rawlings could be a cheaper option and is one of your Kangas. Collingwood may rest palyers near season end - a so called 3rd bye. Good luck.

i cant afford him untill he plays and drops abit in value if he comes out and prduces a slightly sub par score than thats good as i can get him, if he pumps out another 120 i cant.

im not sure if shaw is the best pickup, im actually trying to avoid all roos at this stage the only guys i would be happy having in my team are Petrie and Goldstien untill hmac is back.

Im looking at broughton and fisher as possible options, as with these guys i can definately get in sylvia. However i just want the guy who will average the most, fisher means 4 stkilda players, carrots 3 carlton defenders, broughton very risky, one of the hawthorn boys could be an option (pity i cant just get hodgey in)

The good thing about having dids as the sub is he can cover for franklin and chappy, it only causes problems if its in one of my bye rounds.

antonc

How do you mean the only roos you want are goldie and petrie. What about swallow. Had a few ave games but looks back and ready to pump out the big ones!

Memphistopheles

Quote from: antonc on June 07, 2011, 08:31:59 AM
How do you mean the only roos you want are goldie and petrie. What about swallow. Had a few ave games but looks back and ready to pump out the big ones!

I'm pretty happy with my pick up of Rawlings - scored a nice ton on the weekend.

How about a Hawks defender - they should see plenty of the ball this week. Or Enright who has a lowish BE and should start to go up in price - should also see lots of action this week.

Holz

Quote from: antonc on June 07, 2011, 08:31:59 AM

simple swallow is a mid and i would rather have my 6 over swallow, i would proabbly rather have murphy over bartel but thats the only change i would make in my mids if i could.

Anyway do you think there are any other options to improve my team with the 140k, noting these wil be the last 2 trades of the season for non injuires and stanley must be upgraded and i would prefer this week.

Windigo

Your playing me.  ;)

Just on a side-note. I'm having Andy Swallow captain.  :o

stigs

looks very good. strong team.
i like the idea of having didak as an 8th forward to use to cover mid and forward byes, im thinking i will do that too. he will end up playing in nearly every round anyway

Holz

Quote from: Windigo on June 07, 2011, 06:26:45 PM
Your playing me.  ;)

Just on a side-note. I'm having Andy Swallow captain.  :o

thats the reason im pumping my team up for the big game.

Bit of a dirty move pitting swallow as captain up against me :) its going to be hard watching the game and hoping he doesn't touch it.

Ziplock

lol, I love Swallow, seriously considering captaining him myself.

and lol holz, so you're hoping swallow doesn't touch it....

hoping the roos don't stand a chance are you? :P

Holz

Quote from: Ziplock on June 07, 2011, 06:45:44 PM
lol, I love Swallow, seriously considering captaining him myself.

and lol holz, so you're hoping swallow doesn't touch it....

hoping the roos don't stand a chance are you? :P

i wouldn't mind if boomer picks up 40 touches and petrie kicks 10 goals, last week it was one of those instances where swallow shines and boomer has a relatively slow one, i just hope it reverses this week.

Windigo

Ziplock

I <3 it how every team depends on just one or two key players, and they basically don't stand a chance without them :P

I always feel sorry for petrie when he pulls out one of his huge DT games, picks up like 6 goals, and north still get trashed :(

Windigo

Didn't Petrie kick 6 goals in the first QTR once?

Fenno

Only thing with andrew swallow is just because he is playing the goldcoast he probably won't score like last week he got so many posesions through clearances last week this week he has ablett to contend with who is bound to steal some of his clearances.