Main Menu

Andrew Swallow

Started by michael.webber, June 06, 2011, 09:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michael.webber

how good is he, i think has to be capt. next season. boomer will flourish in his last 2 years with that responsibility on his shoulders. he is at that level now, swallow, to be top roo at arden street

roo boys!

"Spitta" Swallow is a superstar. He has been for years, and has always been touted as the future captain of the club. That was one of the selling points that kept him from going to GWS too. They tried to lure him in using the promised captaincy, but Swallow stayed loyal to the Roos.

I understand your theory that Boomer should play a bit better without that 'burden', but I believe that he has done a great job as it is, and you have to remember Swallow only turned 24 last week. So he's still fairly young. I say that we wait for Boomer to make that tough decision himself, once he decides its time to move the captaincy on, or hang up the boots all together, then that will be done.

MTTY

I see him as an ELITE player already, reminds me of Judd the way he plays. What impressed me even more is that he chose to stay at his club over the dollars at GWS. Hoping Scully does the same

Holz

If swallow played for a team like collingwood or gellong he would be touted as a much greater player, while i agree he should be a captain in the future harvey is the real captain of north. Harvey may not be the greatest player to play for the roos, but i would say he is the player who most embodies the roos spirit.  Harvey should remain captain as long as he wants to continue being captain or playing, and i would love swallow to pick it up in a few years.

I think the roos and in particualr swallow showed how good they can be, also good news was ziebel stepping up and playing a good game, petrie kicking the bag of goals he needs and goldstein is surely one of the best rucks in the comp now (if he wasnt already), i think he got 48 or something hitouts.

After watching some of the roos games and the westcoast game it is evident that both swallow boys will be superstars in the comp in the coming years, if they could team up i think they could match the krakouer boys (lets just hope thats for the roos not GC).

roo boys!

Yeah there have been whispers (I am really clutching at straws here!) that hopefully David can join Andrew at the Roos in a few years :)

MTTY

Just think this weekend

Swallow V Swallow

roo boys!

I reckon they will both get 30+ touches, the commentators will never be able to stop saying "Swallow with the clearance"

;D

MTTY

Quote from: roo boys! on June 07, 2011, 05:57:37 PM
I reckon they will both get 30+ touches, the commentators will never be able to stop saying "Swallow with the clearance"

;D
Swallow fumbles, Swallow picks up, tackled by Swallow, looseball picked up by Swallow

roo boys!

Swallow bursting from the pack in defence, but HE'S CHASED DOWN BY SWALLOW!, holding the ball! Great work by Swallow there, Swallow needed to be more aware of the tackle coming. Swallow approaches Swallow standing on the mark, kicks over Swallow and Swallow goals!

michael.webber

Quote from: roo boys! on June 07, 2011, 05:48:10 PM
Yeah there have been whispers (I am really clutching at straws here!) that hopefully David can join Andrew at the Roos in a few years :)

would be amazing!

roo boys!

Quote from: michael.webber on June 07, 2011, 09:18:42 PM
Quote from: roo boys! on June 07, 2011, 05:48:10 PM

would be amazing!

To say the least!