The 2011 FanFooty AFL/VFL Trivia Quiz (The Winner is announced!!!)

Started by c4v3m4n, June 06, 2011, 08:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

Haha. Next week can we have a round based solely on the Adelaide Crows? ;)

c4v3m4n

Quote from: CrowsFan on August 01, 2011, 01:16:07 PM
Haha. Next week can we have a round based solely on the Adelaide Crows? ;)

There is a possibility...

Zarts

c4v3m4n

CrowsFan

Zarts

Quote from: c4v3m4n on August 01, 2011, 05:12:36 PM
Quote from: Zarts on August 01, 2011, 04:47:36 PM
well, pretty sure I got 0 then :P

Actually Zippy, you didn't...  ;D
did I get points from anything that wasn't multiple choice? :P

c4v3m4n

Zarts

Holz

c4v3m4n

Whilst I'm posting the answers and leaderboard...

I have some interesting news...

We have a new weekly winner!  :o This person also correctly guessed the super-hard question!  :o :o

CrowsFan

Quote from: CrowsFan on August 01, 2011, 05:16:39 PM
I'm going to guess I got 5 points...
Well I underestimated my knowledge. Actually got 6 points ;D

c4v3m4n

Round 8 Answers: Grounds and Stadiums

Easy Questions (worth 1 point)

Question 1. Name any one of the grounds used for the 2011 NAB Cup Challenge matches.

Answer: I would have accepted any one of the following grounds: Traeger Park, Skilled Stadium, Visy Park, Thebarton Oval, Manuka Oval, Deakin Reserve, AAMI Stadium, Fankhauser Reserve, Hands Oval, Lavington Oval, Aurora Stadium, Fremantle Oval, Eureka Stadium, Willaston Oval or BCU International Stadium.

Question 2. Which ground hosted its first ever home-and-away AFL match this year?

A. Adelaide Oval             B. Eureka Stadium        C. Casey Fields         D. Cazaly's Stadium

Answer: In Round 17, Richmond hosted the Gold Coast at Cazaly's Stadium. Therefore the answer is D.

On a side note, Adelaide Oval will host its first H&A AFL match this year too, when Port Adelaide hosts Melbourne.

Question 3. As mentioned last week, in 2006, 4 interstate teams made up the top 4 at season's end. Amazingly, both semi finals were held at one interstate venue, what was it?

Answer: The two semi-final matches were played at Subiaco Oval. Amazingly, the preliminary finals will also hosted interstate, this prompted the MCC to broker a deal with the AFL insuring that at least one preliminary final was to be hosted at the MCG every year.

Question 4. What is Football Park in Adelaide more commonly known as, due to sponsoring rights?

Answer: AAMI Stadium of course!

Medium Questions (worth 2 points)

Question 5. The 1991 AFL Grand Final was held away from the MCG for the first time since 1901. Why?

A. The MCG had hosted a concert days before and the surface was unplayable.        B. The MCG was undergoing reconstruction work.
C. A pay dispute between the AFL and MCC ended with the game being moved.        D. The AFL decided to award Hawthorn a home grand final instead of the MCG.

For a bonus point, where was the game held?

Answer: Yep, in 1991, the Grand Final was hosted at Waverley Park. This was due to the reconstruction of the Great Southern Stand, so the answer is B.

Question 6. How many different sponsored names has Docklands Stadium been known as since its opening in 2000?

Answer: A lot of you said 4, but in fact the answer is just 3. It was opened as Colonial Stadium, then changed to Telstra Dome and it's currently known as Etihad Stadium.

Question 7. In what year did Princes Park host its final home-and-away AFL match?

A. 2005    B. 2006    C. 2007   D. 2008

Answer: The last of the so called "suburban grounds", Princes Park closed its doors in 2005. Therefore, the answer is A.

Hard Questions (worth 3pts)

Question 8. True or False: The Melbourne Motordome, a racing circuit, once served as Melbourne's home ground.

Answer: Believe it or not, it is true. In 1932, Melbourne played three home games here whilst the MCG was being resurfaced. Also, another piece of trivia for you, the Motordome is now more commonly known as Olympic Park!

Question 9. Believe it or not, Windy Hill, was not Essendon's first home ground. For 24 years they played at another ground until 1922 when Windy Hill was built. What was the name of this ground?

A. Essendon West Cricket Ground         B. East Melbourne Cricket Ground    C. Brunswick North Cricket Ground          D. Coburg South Cricket Ground

Answer: There were a few curve balls in here. The correct answer however is B, the East Melbourne Cricket Ground.

Super-Hard Question (worth 5 points)

Question 10. In Round 8, 1952, as part of National Day Round, VFL matches were moved to football grounds in and around Australia.

There were 6 games played at 6 different venues. For your super-hard question this week, you need to name just two of them.

Answer: I would have accepted any two of the following: Albury Oval, Brisbane Exhibition Ground, Euroa Oval, North Hobart Oval, Sydney Cricket Ground and/or Yallourn Oval.

bomberboy0618

I got the first question wrong. I didnt read it properly. *facepalm*

c4v3m4n

Leaderboard after Round 8

Place          Entrant                   Points
1stBOOMZ159.8 (+13)
2ndSid126.6 (-)
3rdhawk_88122.8 (+14)
4rdHolzman120.8 (-)
5thbomberboy0618114.8 (+16)
6thCrowsFan113.6 (+13)
7thossie85110.4 (+8)
8thpyronerd98.6 (+9)
9thMajorLazer77.4 (+11)
10thMTTY74 (+3)
11thZiplock/Zarts62.6 (+3)
12thMaca2453.4 (-)
13thCookie Monster23 (-)
14thMiss Pies22 (-)
15thpothead21 (-)
16thHellopplz19 (-)

Congratulations goes to bomberboy0618 this week for being this week's winner with 16 points! Well done!

Hope you all enjoyed this weeks round ::) and I'll see you all here again on Monday for more trivia!!  ;D

bomberboy0618

:O I won. This is unpossible? I is not good at trivia!