The 2011 FanFooty AFL/VFL Trivia Quiz (The Winner is announced!!!)

Started by c4v3m4n, June 06, 2011, 08:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c4v3m4n

Questions will be up tomorrow morning...

...and get ready for Rivalry Round.  ;)

c4v3m4n

Howdy everyone! Read for Round 5?

Just a reminder to everyone, that entries are to be PM'ed to me by 7pm FRIDAY night (unless extended by me)

Alright, here we go!

Round 5: Rivalry Round

Easy Questions (worth 1 point)

Question 1. Which team won the first QClash?

Question 2. On what day does the famous Essendon v Collingwood match take place?

A. Australia Day                            B. ANZAC Day                               C. Queen's Brithday                                D. Christmas Day

Question 3. Richmond and Carlton (in recent times) have played out their match in what round each year?

Question 4. Each year, Hawthorn and Geelong play for what Cup?

A. BeyondWhite Cup                       B. BeyondLimeGreen Cup             C. BeyondPurple Cup                              D. BeyondBlue Cup

Medium Questions (worth 2 points)

Question 5. Melbourne v Sydney isn't a true AFL rivalry. But the two cities have an long, extensive rivalry. The teams met in Round 1 this year. What was the margin?

A. Draw                                         B. 1pt                                           C. 2pts                                                    D. 3pts

Question 6. Round 11, 2004. Hawthorn v Essendon. This game will be remembered for all of the wrong reasons. A record 18 players were reported for a combined total of 26 charges. The Tribunal gave a combined 16 match suspensions and a record combined total of $70,700 in fines. This game is now known as the _____ _____ _____ ____ match. Fill in the blanks.

Question 7. True or False: The Showdown (Port Adelaide v Adelaide) has never taken place in a final (Qualifying, Semi, etc.)

Hard Questions (worth 3pts)

Question 8. The Ross Glendinning Medal is awarded to the best-on-field during the West Coast v Fremantle clashes. Which player has won the most Ross Glendinning Medals? And for a bonus point, how many?

A. Chris Judd                                B. Chad Fletcher                                C. Matthew Pavlich                                  D. Paul Hasleby

Question 9. On December 31, 1999, Carlton and Collingwood played in what the AFL named, "The Match of the Millennium". Carlton thrashed Collingwood with the help of a young Brendan Fevola. How many goals did he kick in the game?

A. 10                                          B. 11                                                 C. 12                                                      D. 13

Super-Hard Question (worth 5 points)

Question 10. West Coast and Sydney have produced the greatest rivalry of the modern era. In 5 meetings between the 2005 Grand Final and Round 1, 2007 they had a record lowest total points difference of only 9!  :o

For your super-hard question, you need to give me those 5 margins in order (eg. 3, 1, 2, 2, 1)

Miss Pies

Quote from: c4v3m4n on July 08, 2011, 09:16:34 PM
Quote from: Miss Pies on July 08, 2011, 08:47:13 PM
I thought we had until lock out..the boys just reminded me :(

I'll hold putting the answers up until MP has given me her answers. :)

By the time I saw it, was way to late lol. But look out boys I am going to try and catch you rofl.

My answers for round 5 are in. :)

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Miss Pies on July 12, 2011, 11:30:47 AM
Quote from: c4v3m4n on July 08, 2011, 09:16:34 PM
Quote from: Miss Pies on July 08, 2011, 08:47:13 PM
I thought we had until lock out..the boys just reminded me :(

I'll hold putting the answers up until MP has given me her answers. :)

By the time I saw it, was way to late lol. But look out boys I am going to try and catch you rofl.

My answers for round 5 are in. :)

Be a shame if this was the last round.... ;)

pyronerd

i guessed 6 questions right and only got 9 points ::)

c4v3m4n

c4v3m4n

Entries close 7pm tonight!

So far I can tell you, our highest score for the week is: 22 out of 22!  :o  ;D (Don't reveal yourself until later, more suspense the better ;) )

pyronerd

Quote from: c4v3m4n on July 15, 2011, 12:18:08 PM
Quote from: pyronerd on July 15, 2011, 11:55:59 AM
i guessed 6 questions right and only got 9 points ::)

Or did you?  ;)
haha just got the 2nd pm after i posted this :P

better not have been bloody boomz top scoring again :-X

Boomz

lol pyro. I don't think I got them all this week... :( Completely misread one of the questions too :-X

c4v3m4n

The round is now closed. Answers and new leaderboard will be up soon.

c4v3m4n

Answers to Round 5: Rivalry Round

Easy Questions (worth 1 point)

Question 1. Which team won the first QClash?

Answer: Gold Coast.

Question 2. On what day does the famous Essendon v Collingwood match take place?

A. Australia Day                            B. ANZAC Day                               C. Queen's Brithday                                D. Christmas Day

Answer: B. ANZAC Day.

Question 3. Richmond and Carlton (in recent times) have played out their match in what round each year?

Answer: It's the first game of the AFL Season, so Round 1.

Question 4. Each year, Hawthorn and Geelong play for what Cup?

A. BeyondWhite Cup                       B. BeyondLimeGreen Cup             C. BeyondPurple Cup                              D. BeyondBlue Cup

Answer: D. BeyondBlue Cup

Medium Questions (worth 2 points)

Question 5. Melbourne v Sydney isn't a true AFL rivalry. But the two cities have an long, extensive rivalry. The teams met in Round 1 this year. What was the margin?

A. Draw                                         B. 1pt                                           C. 2pts                                                    D. 3pts

Answer: A. Draw.

Question 6. Round 11, 2004. Hawthorn v Essendon. This game will be remembered for all of the wrong reasons. A record 18 players were reported for a combined total of 26 charges. The Tribunal gave a combined 16 match suspensions and a record combined total of $70,700 in fines. This game is now known as the _____ _____ _____ ____ match. Fill in the blanks.

Answer: Line in the Sand.

Question 7. True or False: The Showdown (Port Adelaide v Adelaide) has never taken place in a final (Qualifying, Semi, etc.)

Answer: False. Showdown XIX was held in the Semi Final of 2005, where Adelaide thrashed Port Adelaide by 83 points.

Hard Questions (worth 3pts)

Question 8. The Ross Glendinning Medal is awarded to the best-on-field during the West Coast v Fremantle clashes. Which player has won the most Ross Glendinning Medals? And for a bonus point, how many?

A. Chris Judd                                B. Chad Fletcher                                C. Matthew Pavlich                                  D. Paul Hasleby

Answer: D. Paul Hasleby with 4 medals.

Question 9. On December 31, 1999, Carlton and Collingwood played in what the AFL named, "The Match of the Millennium". Carlton thrashed Collingwood with the help of a young Brendan Fevola. How many goals did he kick in the game?

A. 10                                          B. 11                                                 C. 12                                                      D. 13

Answer: C. 12.

Super-Hard Question (worth 5 points)

Question 10. West Coast and Sydney have produced the greatest rivalry of the modern era. In 5 meetings between the 2005 Grand Final and Round 1, 2007 they had a record lowest total points difference of only 9!  :o

For your super-hard question, you need to give me those 5 margins in order (eg. 3, 1, 2, 2, 1)

Answer: 4, 2, 1, 1, 1.

Boomz

c4v3m4n

Leaderboard after Round 5

Place          Entrant                   Points
1stBOOMZ104.8 (+19)
2ndHolzman94.8 (+14)
3rdSid93.6 (+11)
4thCrowsFan86.6 (+19)
5thhawk_8883.8 (+10)
6thossie8577.4 (+6)
7thbomberboy061870.8 (+11)
8thpyronerd69.6 (+14)
9thMTTY61 (+6)
10thMaca2453.4 (+11)
11thMajorLazer50.4 (+7)
12thZiplock42.6 (+5)
13thCookie Monster23 (-)
14thMiss Pies22 (+22)
15thpothead21 (-)
16thHellopplz19 (-)

Well...it looks like we have a new weekly winner! :D

Congratulations to Miss Pies, who managed a perfect round! 10 out of 10 correct and the bonus point too! Well done!

Thanks for participating, the next round starts Monday.

CrowsFan

Well MP may be right when she said she will catch us all!
C4 you have written Adelaide beat Port in the final, but it was the other way round ;)

c4v3m4n

Quote from: CrowsFan on July 15, 2011, 09:00:46 PM
Well MP may be right when she said she will catch us all!
C4 you have written Adelaide beat Port in the final, but it was the other way round ;)

But Adelaide did beat Port...  ???