The 2011 FanFooty AFL/VFL Trivia Quiz (The Winner is announced!!!)

Started by c4v3m4n, June 06, 2011, 08:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawk_88

Last one was hard, the rest pretty easy (touch wood).

A few guesses at the end, think I got at least 5 right though.

CrowsFan

Did not have a single clue for any of the previous names! Everyone was a guess haha!

c4v3m4n

The last one was my favourite. Because of that, here's some more useless facts about team names.

The Brisbane Bears were going to be called the Brisbane Koalas. Aww, aren't they cute? You can understand why they changed it.

The Adelaide Crows could have been named the Adelaide Sharks. They went with the Crows as a reference to South Australia being known as Croweaters in State of Origin.

Carlton Blues attempted to move away from the Navy Blues and introduce an animal to the name by calling themselves, the Carlton Cockatoos. It didn't last long at all.

The Fremantle Dockers could have been called the Fremantle Cobras. Apparently one of the reasons they went for the Docker was because it sounded like The Fremantle Doctor....  ???

And my personal favourite...

...One of the names that came up for serious consideration for Port Adelaide was...The Pirates.  ;D  ;D

bomberboy0618

pyronerd

Maca24

Zarts

Holz

i can imagine it would take a really long time to go through the answers and i just sent mine in.

c4v3m4n

Zarts

c4v3m4n

Hi everyone! Round 4 is now closed.

While I'm typing up the answers, here's some interesting facts about the current round:

Two people share the highest score for the week with 48/50 correct pairings and 34.8 points.

Everyone managed to correctly pair at least one option in Challenge 5.

Miss Pies

I thought we had until lock out..the boys just reminded me :(

AFEV

Pirates would have been better than Power. More fitting as well -- Taking money from the AFL.

Boomz

Quote from: c4v3m4n on July 08, 2011, 08:45:37 PM
Hi everyone! Round 4 is now closed.

While I'm typing up the answers, here's some interesting facts about the current round:

Two people share the highest score for the week with 48/50 correct pairings and 34.8 points.

Everyone managed to correctly pair at least one option in Challenge 5.

Interesting... I'm bound to have a bad week sooner or later  :P

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Miss Pies on July 08, 2011, 08:47:13 PM
I thought we had until lock out..the boys just reminded me :(

I'll hold putting the answers up until MP has given me her answers. :)