The 2011 FanFooty AFL/VFL Trivia Quiz (The Winner is announced!!!)

Started by c4v3m4n, June 06, 2011, 08:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

I said 119 for the margin cos my dad is a Port supporter so used tease him about it haha. I guessed Libba for shortest player :(

And as you can see my decent down the table has already started...

c4v3m4n

Quote from: CrowsFan on June 25, 2011, 01:51:14 PM
I said 119 for the margin cos my dad is a Port supporter so used tease him about it haha. I guessed Libba for shortest player :(

Still early days CrowsFan....

...who knows maybe there'll be some Adelaide based questions next round...  ;)

Boomz

Quote from: CrowsFan on June 25, 2011, 01:51:14 PM

I was with my mate for that GF & he's a port supporter... I never let him hear the end of it :P then again I did tip port.... only coz my sister goes for geelong  ::)

c4v3m4n

Just letting everyone know that the quiz questions for Round 3 will be up by noon tomorrow.

Also, the category for the round....

....Greats of the Game.

Ziplock

hawk_88

Quote from: c4v3m4n on June 27, 2011, 02:08:31 AM
Just letting everyone know that the quiz questions for Round 3 will be up by noon tomorrow.

....Greats of the Game.

So you went with my suggestion of questions relating to the most successful club of the past 50 years as measured by grand final wins.  ;D

c4v3m4n

Quote from: hawk_88 on June 27, 2011, 02:54:24 AM
Quote from: c4v3m4n on June 27, 2011, 02:08:31 AM

....Greats of the Game.

So you went with my suggestion of questions relating to the most successful club of the past 50 years as measured by grand final wins.  ;D

Why are you on here? Shouldn't you be out, enjoying your holidays? lol  ::)

Ziplock

c4v3m4n

Quote from: CrowsFan on June 27, 2011, 02:00:11 PM
It is past noon...

Sorry guys, have been super busy these past few days. I'm typing the questions up now.

Boomz

Ziplock

yeah, s'all right. I doubt I'll pick up any points for this round anyway.

c4v3m4n

Thanks for waiting guys, here is round 3!

Round 3: The Greats of our Game

Easy Questions (worth 1 point)

Question 1. Who is the only other player to play 400 games other than Michael Tuck?

Question 2. Who Am I? I played 272 games for North Melbourne and Adelaide during the 90s and early 2000s. I kicked over 700 goals playing out of the most demaning position, Centre-Half Forward. My nickname was "The King".

Question 3. Which Essendon full-forward controversially won the 2007 Goal of the Year by just back-heeling the ball through the goals from just 3 metres out?

Question 4. Who famously kicked a goal after the siren from 70-80m out to hand North Melbourne a win against Carlton in 1976?

Medium Questions (worth 2 points)

Question 5. Who has coached the most games ever?

A. Mick Malthouse               B. Jock McHale              C. Kevin Sheedy                D. Tom Hafey

Question 6. During a match in 1993, Sandy Roberts whilst commentating a game was once quoted as saying, "There's a pig at full-forward!". Which player was this joke made towards?

Question 7. Which player has played the most consecutive games ever?

A. Jim Stynes                      B. Brett Kirk                  C. Kane Cornes                D. Adam Goodes

Hard Questions (worth 3pts)

Question 8. Which player holds the record for the highest goals per game average in the AFL/VFL?

A. Tony Lockett                  B. Gordon Coventry        C. Peter Hudson                D. Gary Ablett Snr.

Question 9. How many players have won 3 Brownlow Medals? For a bonus point (for each player), name them.

Super-Hard Question (worth 5 points)

Question 10. Chris Grant, a champion player for the Bulldogs, was amazingly picked at what position in the 1988 VFL Draft?

A. 103                                B. 105                           C. 107                              D. 109

I'm expecting some big scores this week boys!  ;)

AFEV