The 2011 FanFooty AFL/VFL Trivia Quiz (The Winner is announced!!!)

Started by c4v3m4n, June 06, 2011, 08:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c4v3m4n

Boomz

I doubt I'll do as well as last week :(

EDIT: ... Ignore the above ;D

c4v3m4n

AFEV

Quote from: BOOMZ on June 23, 2011, 08:45:49 PM

You got 16 AGAIN? o.O
I have a feeling you will be getting up early tomorrow Boomzie, as soon as they are done with Swanny they are heading over to your place to drug test YOU.

Boomz

Quote from: Sid on June 23, 2011, 10:00:04 PM
Quote from: BOOMZ on June 23, 2011, 08:45:49 PM

You got 16 AGAIN? o.O
I have a feeling you will be getting up early tomorrow Boomzie, as soon as they are done with Swanny they are heading over to your place to drug test YOU.

More  ;) I welcome them to try  :P

c4v3m4n

I'm extending the deadline for Round 2 entries until 11pm tonight!

Reason: I'm going to go watch Essendon v Hawthorn and wont have time to update everything until after the game.

PS. The highest score for the round so far is 19 out of 25.  :o

Boomz

c4v3m4n

ROUND 2 HAS CLOSED!

Answers and leaderboard will be up shortly.

c4v3m4n

Answers to Round 2: Highs and Lows

Easy Questions (worth 1 point)

Question 1. Who is the tallest player in the AFL?

Answer: Aaron Sandilands. Easy one.

Question 2. The 1970 Grand Final still holds the record for the highest attendance of any AFL/VFL match. Which two teams fought out this Grand Final?

A. Essendon and Hawthorn        B. Essendon and Carlton        C. Carlton and Richmond        D. Carlton and Collingwood

Answer: D. Carlton and Collingwood.

Question 3. In 2007, Port Adelaide suffered the greatest Grand Final loss in AFL/VFL history against whom? Bonus Point: What was the margin?

Answer: Geelong defeated Port Adelaide by 119 points.

Question 4. What is the lowest recorded score in AFL/VFL history?

Answer: In the Sectional Finals (back then the eight competing teams were placed in 2 groups of 4 and played a round-robin tournament to help determine who'd playoff in the Grand Final) of 1899, St. Kilda scored only a single behind (0.1.1) against Geelong. Amazingly, that behind was the first score of the game.  :-\

Medium Questions (worth 2 points)

Question 5a. Name the player whom recorded the highest individual DT score ever in a VFL/AFL match. (Since records began in 1993)

Answer: In Round 17, 1996 against Melbourne, Wayne Carey scored 209 Dream Team points in a single game. Prior to 1993 though, Jason Dunstall holds the record at 243!

Question 5b. Name the player whom recorded the highest individual SC score ever in an AFL match. (Since records began in 2005)

Answer: The answer is not in fact Ablett, but Jonathan Brown who scored a lazy 262 points in Round 7, 2006 against Hawthorn.

Question 6. Which played has amassed the greatest amount of Brownlow votes without ever winning a Brownlow?

A. Leigh Matthews                  B. Scott West                  C. Peter Matera                  D. Brent Harvey

Answer: Amazingly, the answer is A. Leigh Matthews. During his career he polled 202 votes (the 3rd highest ever) yet didn't win the coveted Chaz.

Question 7. True or False: In 1997, Tony Lockett only kicked 34 goals for the whole season yet still won the club's leading goalkicker award.

Answer: True. Hard to think that the great Tony Lockett only registered 34 goals in a season. Injuries kept him out of most of the 1997 season, which is the reason for such a low tally. Lewis Dale came in second on 28.

Hard Questions (worth 3pts)

Question 8. Remember this?

Gary Moorecroft took this amazing high-flying mark over whom?

Answer: The Smiling Assassin, Brad Johnson.

Question 9. Hawthorn produced two records against St. Kilda in 1977, the most behinds scored in a game and the most scoring shots in a game, what was their score?

A. 30.33 (213)                      B. 20.55 (175)                     C. 15.27 (117)                     D. 25.41 (191)

Answer: D. 25.41 (191). Incredibly, the goalkickers for the match were: Peter Hudson (7.4), Kelvin Matthews (4.6), Leigh Matthews (4.5), John Hendrie (3.4), plus a few more.

Super-Hard Question (worth 5 points)

Question 10. Who was the shortest player ever to play AFL/VFL football?

Answer: Jim Bradford (played for Coll/NM in the 40s) at a staggering 152 cms. In comparison, Tony Liberatore was 163cms tall.

c4v3m4n

Leaderboard after Round 2

Place         EntrantPoints
1stBOOMZ36 (+19)
2ndhawk_8828 (+16)
= 3rdSid26 (+15)
Holzman26 (+12)
CrowsFan26 (+14)
= 6thZiplock23 (+14)
bomberboy0618          23 (+13)
ossie8523 (+12)
Cookie Monster23 (+9)
10thMTTY22 (+11)
= 11thpyronerd21 (+8)
pothead21 (+8)
13thMaca2414 (+6)
14thMajorLazer13 (+9)

Congratulations again to BOOMZ for winning the round with 19 points out of 25.

Kudos to Ziplock who correctly guessed the Super-Hard question!  :o

BOOMZ, you can expect the 6am drug test soon.

Thanks everyone for playing! Round 3 is only a couple days away!

Boomz

I thought I guessed Libba for the super hard one ??? I didn't have any idea about that one... I'll take it tho if u want to give me credit ;D :P

Ziplock

*props to zippy for guessing to super hard one*

I wikipedia'd afl statistics/ researched DT stats a couple of months back... to think that much actually stuck :P

pyronerd

damn i guessed 117 for the bonus point ::)

i guessed buckley for SC points but that was before 2005 :-X

AFEV

Quote from: pyronerd on June 25, 2011, 09:39:44 AM
damn i guessed 117 for the bonus point ::)

i guessed buckley for SC points but that was before 2005 :-X
I had 120 :|
I should have known that scoreline was everywhere for like a year afterwards ::)

c4v3m4n

Quote from: BOOMZ on June 25, 2011, 03:25:31 AM
I thought I guessed Libba for the super hard one ??? I didn't have any idea about that one... I'll take it tho if u want to give me credit ;D :P

Yeah, you did. Thanks for the heaps up BOOMZ. I guess your bound to make mistakes when posting it at 2am.

It was in fact Ziplock who got it right.