The 2011 FanFooty AFL/VFL Trivia Quiz (The Winner is announced!!!)

Started by c4v3m4n, June 06, 2011, 08:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c4v3m4n

Quote from: hawk_88 on June 18, 2011, 12:48:43 AM
Quote from: Holzman on June 18, 2011, 12:39:07 AM
c4v3m4n love the work caveman just a little thing i though it was Western oval for where it was first played and than  whitten oval 97 98.

I believe you will find they are one and the same.

Teddy died around 95-96 and shortly after they renamed the Western Oval the Whitten Oval.

Changed it to Whitten Oval (formerly Western Oval) to be safe.

Holz

Quote from: c4v3m4n on June 18, 2011, 01:20:06 AM
Quote from: hawk_88 on June 18, 2011, 12:48:43 AM
Quote from: Holzman on June 18, 2011, 12:39:07 AM
c4v3m4n love the work caveman just a little thing i though it was Western oval for where it was first played and than  whitten oval 97 98.

I believe you will find they are one and the same.

Teddy died around 95-96 and shortly after they renamed the Western Oval the Whitten Oval.

Changed it to Whitten Oval (formerly Western Oval) to be safe.

i had no clue didnt even no there was a whitten or western oval i researched it. My defense for not knowing is i was 6 when the game happend. I only got 1996 because i can remember the 10 year anniversary.

bomberboy0618

I went to it last year and I am going again this year :D

ossie85

Not entirely happy with my results! Great stuff btw, this should be fun :)

I don't like your equal 2nd, equal 3rd rankings though! Not a fan with those sort of rankings, but I digress...

c4v3m4n

Quote from: ossie85 on June 18, 2011, 10:09:07 AM

I don't like your equal 2nd, equal 3rd rankings though! Not a fan with those sort of rankings, but I digress...

I doubt there'll be many even players by the end. How would you separate them though Ossie? I'm open to suggestion....

Maca24

Cant wait for next week. We should have this twice a week  :D

Cookie Monster

c4v3m4n

ossie85

Quote from: c4v3m4n on June 18, 2011, 09:15:02 PM

I doubt there'll be many even players by the end. How would you separate them though Ossie? I'm open to suggestion....

Soz caveman, missed this post!

I wouldn't separate them, just more say if...

Coach A has 10 points, Coach B has 10 points and Coach C has 9 points...

It is fine saying Coach A and B are equal 1st. But Coach C should be 3rd, not 2nd :)

c4v3m4n

Quote from: ossie85 on June 19, 2011, 09:02:54 PM
Quote from: c4v3m4n on June 18, 2011, 09:15:02 PM

Soz caveman, missed this post!

I wouldn't separate them, just more say if...

Coach A has 10 points, Coach B has 10 points and Coach C has 9 points...

It is fine saying Coach A and B are equal 1st. But Coach C should be 3rd, not 2nd :)

Gotcha. I had thought of doing that originally...

c4v3m4n

Alright people, you asked for it and here it is! ROUND 2!

But...a few changes:

1. As soon as lockout passes (7pm Friday), I'll announce the answers and leaderboard.
2. Once you submit your answers, I'll tell you how many you got right, but not the answers (just to keep the suspense)
3. There is no third change.

Okay, now that's out of the way....

Round 2: Highs and Lows

Easy Questions (worth 1 point)

Question 1. Who is the tallest player in the AFL?

Question 2. The 1970 Grand Final still holds the record for the highest attendance of any AFL/VFL match. Which two teams fought out this Grand Final?

A. Essendon and Hawthorn        B. Essendon and Carlton        C. Carlton and Richmond        D. Carlton and Collingwood

Question 3. In 2007, Port Adelaide suffered the greatest Grand Final loss in AFL/VFL history against whom? Bonus Point: What was the margin?

Question 4. What is the lowest recorded score in AFL/VFL history?

Medium Questions (worth 2 points)

Question 5a. Name the player whom recorded the highest individual DT score ever in a VFL/AFL match. (Since records began in 1993)

Question 5b. Name the player whom recorded the highest individual SC score ever in an AFL match. (Since records began in 2005)

Question 6. Which played has amassed the greatest amount of Brownlow votes without ever winning a Brownlow?

A. Leigh Matthews                  B. Scott West                  C. Peter Matera                  D. Brent Harvey

Question 7. True or False: In 1997, Tony Lockett only kicked 34 goals for the whole season yet still won the club's leading goalkicker award.

Hard Questions (worth 3pts)

Question 8. Remember this?

Gary Moorecroft took this amazing high-flying mark over whom?

Question 9. Hawthorn produced two records against St. Kilda in 1977, the most behinds scored in a game and the most scoring shots in a game, what was their score?

A. 30.33 (213)                      B. 20.55 (175)                     C. 15.27 (117)                     D. 25.41 (191)

Super-Hard Question (worth 5 points)

Question 10. Who was the shortest player ever to play AFL/VFL football?

CrowsFan

Well not quite 12.01 am but good enough caveman :)
Questions look much harder this round, don't think I will be getting many right :(

c4v3m4n

Quote from: CrowsFan on June 20, 2011, 01:43:03 AM
Well not quite 12.01 am but good enough caveman :)
Questions look much harder this round, don't think I will be getting many right :(

I got distracted watching Family Guy....  :D

As for the difficulty of the questions...I'm just trying to get a feel for my audience.  ;) I don't want to make the questions too hard or too easy, but just right. Should have the mix right by next week.

pyronerd

Quote from: ossie85 on June 20, 2011, 07:46:22 AM

..... some tough ones there!
+1 only the 'easy' ones im confident that i got right, i did know the highest SC scorer though :P forgot DT i wonder if i can get half points for that :P