The 2011 FanFooty AFL/VFL Trivia Quiz (The Winner is announced!!!)

Started by c4v3m4n, June 06, 2011, 08:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MTTY

Just found who kicked the first super goal, i answered wrong  :(

bomberboy0618

c4v3m4n

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on June 16, 2011, 10:54:07 PM
Quote from: MTTY on June 16, 2011, 10:47:24 PM
Just found who kicked the first super goal, i answered wrong  :(
Can you pm me who?

PM me too, just to see if you are in fact right ;)

Cookie Monster

can i change one of my answers? just realised i answered a Gold Coast player for the sub question??

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Cookie Monster on June 16, 2011, 11:59:56 PM
can i change one of my answers? just realised i answered a Gold Coast player for the sub question??

Yeah, you did. Silly person. PM me new answer.

Holz

Quote from: c4v3m4n on June 16, 2011, 10:26:37 PM
Okay...so far (there's a couple of entrants left), this is how things look:

Highest Score: 16 out of a possible 22
Lowest Score: 4

i think a got at least 14 so that means i got the goal-kick wrong hopefully i guessed the stkilda question correct.

Ziplock

I know I got one question right... dunno bout the rest :P

CrowsFan

I think I got 11 points, but not sure cos I can't remember some of my answers haha

pothead

i don't think i did to well as alot of my answers were guesses but i know i got the super goal question wrong pretty badly haha

Boomz

I dunno what I got :-\ just tried to add them up but some of the answers r hard to find... I knew the 1 point ones & a few others really depends if I got lucky on the ones I guessed :P

c4v3m4n

Round 1 has ended!!

Answers and Results will be up shortly!!

Boomz

MTTY

pyronerd

c4v3m4n

Sorry to keep you all waiting, but here are the answers!

Answers to Round 1: Fantastic Firsts

Easy Questions (worth 1 point)

Question 1. The AFL Hall of Fame was established in 1996 with 136 inductees including 12 'legends'. Name one of these first 12 'legends' who were inducted into the inaugural Hall of Fame.

Answer: Ron Barassi, Haydn Bunton Senior, Roy Cazaly, John Coleman, Jack Dyer, Polly Farmer, Leigh Matthews, John Nicholls, Bob Pratt, Dick Reynolds, Bob Skilton and E.J. 'Ted' Whitten were the first 12 'legends'.

% Correct: 78.6% (11 out of 14 people guessed correctly)

Question 2. Who was the first non-Victorian AFL team to win the flag?

Answer: West Coast against Geelong in 1992.

% Correct: 71.4% (10 out of 14 people guessed correctly)

Question 3. The first quarter between Essendon and Gold Coast this year saw a new team goalkicking record. How many goals did they kick in that first quarter?

A. 9                          B. 12                          C. 15                          D. 18

Answer: C. 15

% Correct: 92.9% (13 out of 14 people guessed correctly)

Question 4. Who was the first Aboriginal player to win more than one Brownlow Medal?

Answer: Adam Goodes was the first to win more than one. In fact he's the only Aboriginal to win more than one. He won the medals in 2003 and 2006.

% Correct: 100%! (Everyone got it right, yay!)

Medium Questions (worth 2 points)

Question 5. Who was the first player to kick more than 100 goals in the season?

Answer: Gordon Coventry was the first to kick over 100 goals way back in 1929. He kicked 118 goals!

% Correct: 57.1% (8 out of 14 people guessed correctly)

Question 6. Of St. Kilda's first 100 games in the VFL/AFL, how many of them did they win?

A. 0                          B. 1                          C. 2                          D. 3

Answer: C. 2. Amazingly, their first win came under controversial circumstances. The game ended in a draw, but St. Kilda protested the result due to an umpiring error in the 3rd quarter. The umpire didn't hear the bell to end the third quarter and a point was kicked before the umpire actually singalled the end. Hmm, sound familiar?

% Correct: 35.7% (5 out of 14 people guessed correctly)

Question 7. True of False: Michael Tuck, kicked his first three goals, with his first three kicks in AFL football.

Answer: It is....TRUE!

% Correct: 85.7% (12 out 14 people guessed correctly)

Hard Questions (worth 3pts)

Question 8. In what year was the first E.J. Whitten Legends Game held?

A. 1995                          B. 1996                          C. 1997                          D. 1998

Bonus Point: Where was the game first held?

Answer: The first E.J. Whitten Legends Game was held in 1996 (Choice B). For the bonus point, the first match was held at....Whitten Oval (formerly Western Oval). ;D

% Correct: 64.3% (8 out of 14 people guessed correctly). Surprisingly, no-one got the bonus point.

Question 9. This year, the AFL brought in the controversial substitute rule. Name one of the first sixteen starting substitutes from Round 1.

Answer: The first substitutes from Round 1 were: Kane Lucas (Carlton), Daniel Connors (Rich), Brent Macaffer (Coll), Cameron Hitchcock (PtA), Amon Buchanan (Bris), Dylan Roberton (Freo), Ricky Petterd (Melb), Mark Seaby (Syd), Darren Milburn (Gee), Brett Peake (StK), Brodie Smith (Ade), Brendan Whitecross (Haw), Nathan Lovett-Murray (Ess), Justin Sherman (WB), Andrew Gaff (WCE) and Ben Warren (NM).

% Correct: 78.6% (11 out of 14 people guessed correctly)

Super-Hard Question (worth 5 points)

Question 10. The AFL introduced the Super Goal to the pre-season competition in 2003. Who was the first player to kick the Super Goal?

Answer: The first Super Goal was kicked by.....Paul Wheatley from Melbourne.

% Correct: 0% (The toughest question delivered, no-one got this right)

Well, there are the answers! Now, for the leaderboard...