The 2011 FanFooty AFL/VFL Trivia Quiz (The Winner is announced!!!)

Started by c4v3m4n, June 06, 2011, 08:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bomberboy0618

ossie85

Yeah, apparently lots of people get them wrong anyway :)

hawk_88

A really clever riddle is hard to find.

Too often the answer is unobtainable from the given information and therefore really stupid or they are too easy.

6 is probably the best of them.

Zarts

bomberboy0618

I didnt know 5 so I just tried to be obnoxious about that one :D

ossie85

Zarts

bomberboy0618

CrowsFan

Just sent in my answers :D

How could you get number 2 wrong BB? ::)

bomberboy0618

Ah I see, I got it wrong because I didnt read it properly, always my downfall.

Miss Pies

Quote from: Zarts on July 18, 2011, 01:39:04 AM
we know. It was like- yeah, I got my 3rd badge!
-I got my 4th
-I'm heading to my 4th :)
-HOW DO I GET OUT OF PEWTER flowerING CITY!
:P
What colour you playing? Red?

Zarts

yeah boomz was playing like fire red or something :P

c4v3m4n

Hey all!

Ready for a new round of trivia questions? :)

This weeks theme: The New Millennium.

The questions should be up by noon, just finalising some of them.... :D

c4v3m4n

Hey everyone! Thanks again for your patience.

As promised, this week there are 20! questions to help fill the void from last week ;)

Good luck!

Round 7: The New Millennium

Easy Questions (worth 1 point)

Question 1. The 2010 Grand Final saw the third draw in VFL/AFL history. Who won the replay?

Question 2. Who was the first player since Tony Lockett to kick over 100 goals in a season? (in 22 home and away games, this does NOT include goals kicked in finals)

Question 3. In 2005, which team became the last Victorian team to win a wooden spoon?

A. Carlton    B. Essendon      C. St. Kilda     D. North Melbourne

Question 4. In Round 6, 2007, Geelong become the first team since 1995 to score more than 200 points in a game. Who did they beat?

Question 5. Which player got suspended for 7 weeks in 2008 for punching Brent Staker in the jaw?

A. Jonathan Brown    B. Scott Thompson    C. Dean Solomon   D. Barry Hall

Question 6. Adelaide's Ian Callinan made his AFL debut this year at the ripe old age of?

A. 26     B. 28        C. 30    D. 32

Question 7. Speaking of older players, which Essendon ruckman nicknamed "Fish", made a questionable comeback to AFL football in 2002, at the age of 37?

Question 8. In 2006, the preseason cup changed from the Wizard Cup to the what Cup?

A. Commonwealth Bank Cup    B.  Westpac Cup    C. ANZ Cup     D. NAB Cup

Medium Questions (worth 2 points)

Question 9. Essendon's 2000 season is viewed by many as the best season ever by an AFL/VFL club. Who was the only team to beat them in the entire year (pre-season included)?

Question 10. Which club was involved in the "Roostergate" scandal of 2009?

A. North Melbourne    B. Fremantle      C. Western Bulldogs     D. Gold Coast

Question 11. Name the first three draftees from the 2001 "Superdraft".

Question 12. At season's end in 2006, the top 4 teams were all non-Victorian; the first and only time this has occurred in the history of the AFL. Who were they?

A. West Coast, Adelaide, Brisbane, Sydney                  B. West Coast, Adelaide, Fremantle, Sydney
C. Adelaide, Brisbane, Port Adelaide, Sydney                D. West Coast, Brisbane, Port Adelaide, Fremantle

Question 13. The 2003 Brownlow Medal saw the 2nd three-way tie in the medals history. Which three players shared the medal?

Question 14. Robert Harvey became the first ever AFL/VFL player to play how many consecutive seasons?

A. 15        B. 17      C. 19       D. 21

Hard Questions (worth 3pts)

Question 15. How many players won all 3 premierships with Brisbane from 2001 - 2003?

A. 12               B. 14          C. 16           D. 18

Question 16. The 2001 game between North Melbourne and Essendon saw the greatest ever comeback in VFL/AFL history. They trailed by 69 points twelve minutes into the 2nd quarter and came back to win the game by how many points?

Question 17. The attendance of the 2008 AFL Grand Final was 100,012. It was the largest AFL Grand Final crowd since when?

A. 1986     B. 1984     C. 1982   D. 1980

Question 18. The highest ever odds for a VFL/AFL game came when Melbourne played Geelong in Round 3, 2008. What were the odds offered for a Melbourne win?

A. $28   B. $30    C. $32   D. $34

Super-Hard Question (worth 5 points)

Question 19. Name each of the Number 1 draft picks from 2000-2009.

Question 20. In 1998, Katrina Pressley became the first female to umpire at AFL level; as a goal umpire. Since then, there has been only one other female umpire. What's her name?

ossie85