The 2011 FanFooty AFL/VFL Trivia Quiz (The Winner is announced!!!)

Started by c4v3m4n, June 06, 2011, 08:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roo boys!

I'm a bit like HP, don't know TOO much about AFL history so don't think I will join.

bomberboy0618

I actually know quite a bit about afl history.

BGK

I wouldn't mind giving it a shot. Thanks, it's a good idea.

c4v3m4n

Just a reminder to those who have entered (you're still more than welcome to enter if you haven't) that the first round of the trivia quiz begins tomorrow!

And as a teaser, the first round topic will be: Fantastic Firsts. :)

AFEV

Boomz

pyronerd

id be in too if i could connect :-X

Hawka

c4v3m4n

Alright, here we go!  ;D

Just a quick reminder of a few rules and an update on one:

1. A set of 10 questions will be released each Monday, all related to a common theme.
(Updated Rule) 2. The questions will range in difficulty, therefore the easy questions will be worth 1pt, the medium questions worth 2pts, hard 3pts, and the super-hard question is worth 5pts. You wont get any points for a wrong answer.
3. Your answers must be messaged to me (don't post the answers here) by 7pm Friday night!
4. In fairness to all, use your noodle and not Google. Obviously, this is impossible to enforce, so please play fair.
5. The answers, along with an updated ladder will be posted on Saturday. Players on equal points will be separated by whomever submits the earliest answers.
6. Have fun!

Here come the questions....

Round 1: Fantastic Firsts

Easy Questions (worth 1 point)

Question 1. The AFL Hall of Fame was established in 1996 with 136 inductees including 12 'legends'. Name one of these first 12 'legends' who were inducted into the inaugural Hall of Fame.

Question 2. Who was the first non-Victorian AFL team to win the flag?

Question 3. The first quarter between Essendon and Gold Coast this year saw a new team goalkicking record. How many goals did they kick in that first quarter?

A. 9                          B. 12                          C. 15                          D. 18

Question 4. Who was the first Aboriginal player to win more than one Brownlow Medal?

Medium Questions (worth 2 points)

Question 5. Who was the first player to kick more than 100 goals in the season?

Question 6. Of St. Kilda's first 100 games in the VFL/AFL, how many of them did they win?

A. 0                          B. 1                          C. 2                          D. 3

Question 7. True of False: Michael Tuck, kicked his first three goals, with his first three kicks in AFL football.

Hard Questions (worth 3pts)

Question 8. In what year was the first E.J. Whitten Legends Game held?

A. 1995                          B. 1996                          C. 1997                          D. 1998

Bonus Point: Where was the game first held?

Question 9. This year, the AFL brought in the controversial substitute rule. Name one of the first sixteen starting substitutes from Round 1.

Super-Hard Question (worth 5 points)

Question 10. The AFL introduced the Super Goal to the pre-season competition in 2003. Who was the first player to kick the Super Goal?

Well, round 1 has begun! Good luck to all of the entrants!

If the questions seem unreasonably hard or easy, don't worry. These questions are more of an indication to what level of trivia buffs we have in the competition. So, if many people struggle with the questions, I will reduce the difficulty for the following rounds.

Also, it's still not to late to enter! Just post below that you want in, submit (via PM) your answers and away you go!

CrowsFan

I will enter caveman, but won't be able to answer many of those questions! :(

Boomz

Sent my answers in earlier :) A few I didn't have a clue about but think I did pretty well.

Cookie Monster

TheEternalDon

Quote from: BOOMZ on June 13, 2011, 07:36:08 PM
Sent my answers in earlier :) A few I didn't have a clue about but think I did pretty well.
Same. I actually knew quite a few which I wasnt surprised about but I think I got the EJ whitten legends game one right. (Bonus Point)

hawk_88

Few I guessed, few I wasn't certain and a few I am sure I knew.

AFEV

I think I knew most of them. Some were just educated guesses like the Legends game.