How to finish off my team

Started by Memphistopheles, June 06, 2011, 03:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memphistopheles

OK so my team is almost complete, with keepers/premiums in every position if you include Knights, J Roo and Petrie. Although i only have to start two of those three each week.

There is one obvious trade to go, which is Foley ----> Swan (when he returns) or Pendlebury. But that will have to wait until after round 13.

Does anyone else have any other suggestions for trades I should make to finalise my team?

I have 10 trades left - will have 9 once i get in Swan/Pendles as I have banked plenty of cash.

Oh also i will probably trade Smith ----> Sandi when he returns which gives me eight trades for the rest of the season.

Gibbs, Deledio, Adcock, Rawlings, Goddard, Enright, Heppell, Hibberd, Lower, Toy

Boyd, Murphy, Mundy, Selwood, Ablett, Foley, Jacobs, Prestia, Wallis

Cox, Smith, Bailey, Tippett

Franklin, Goodes, Pavlich, N Riewoldt, Chapman, Petrie, Knights, J Riewoldt, Mzungu, Matera.

My thoughts are that Matera could go for I Smith or Callinan and Lower (too many Dockers) could be upgraded to Scotland/Shaw.

An extra def and fwd premium could give me the cover I need for byes and finals without having to trade.

Weagle

Excellent team!

The only suggestion I have is to get Shaw over Scotland as he doesn't have another bye.

Browny16

Great side, what is your overall ranking ???

I would definately be getting Swan or Pendlebury in at some stage, and trading for either Scotland or Shaw is a great idea.

Have you thought about Foley to Sylvia next week ??? Foley having a reasonably low b/e i would keep him for another week milking him for what hes worth!!!

Then you could simply move him into your foward with Mzungu, downgrade matera to one of those rookies and by the time swan is back Wallis will be nearly ready for cashing in on

3 trades but you get Sylvia and Swan

PowerBug

Awesome side. Shaw over Scotland.

FLOPITOUT1

Very nice just keep doing what your doing. I would go Pendles over Swan just becuase of the injury concerns   8)

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Browny16 on June 06, 2011, 04:15:53 PM
Great side, what is your overall ranking ???

I would definately be getting Swan or Pendlebury in at some stage, and trading for either Scotland or Shaw is a great idea.

Have you thought about Foley to Sylvia next week ??? Foley having a reasonably low b/e i would keep him for another week milking him for what hes worth!!!

Then you could simply move him into your foward with Mzungu, downgrade matera to one of those rookies and by the time swan is back Wallis will be nearly ready for cashing in on

3 trades but you get Sylvia and Swan

I'm only ranked 1383 - traded hard to get where I am now.

Hoping to jump into the top 1000 by the end of the season and the last few in the eliminator. This is the first time I have played DT for about four years.

Good plan, but i kind of wanted to keep Foley for his matches against Bris and Melb (I plan to get Swan/Pendles after round 14 and hopefully one more price drop :P), coupled with Foley's low BE this week means there is a chance that by round 14 I COULD STRAIGHT SWAP FOR SWAN!!!!!!! Never would have thought I could have done that at the start of the season.

Maybe I'll get in Shaw after Round 13 and Swan after round 14.

I'll get Swan only if he returns fully fit, otherwise Pendles. I'll give Swan one more week and Foley a game against Melbourne, as mentioned above.

Could do with some more Hawks though

Memphistopheles

Probably going to refrain from trading this week i think.

Another question though - who to start. If Buddy is fit who should i start this week in my forwards and in defence is there room for Lower?

Backs out of Gibbs, Deledio, Adcock, Rawlings, Goddard, Enright, Heppell, Hibberd, Lower.

Forwards out of Franklin, N Riewoldt, Goodes, Pavlich, Chapman, Petrie, Knights, J Riewoldt, Mzungu.

Bearing in mind that I can mpp Petrie to rucks to have Smith ride the pine and any number of players to midfield from fwd or def to have them ride the pine, although i think i would want to start my five prems and probably Foley as well.