Main Menu

Lack of Depth?

Started by Cruiseon, June 06, 2011, 01:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Pies top draft pick... though that isn't saying much. Did very well in the WAFL last year, Pies were wrapped to get him (although they all say that).

PeteGoPies

I agree, there seems to be a lack of depth this season. Keeffe, Dick, Fasolo are the obvious picks for next season.
Although I am keeping my eye on the new kid Rob Condy. He has shown a lot more heart and leadership in the past few VFL rounds than we have seen all season. Future pick?

PeteGoPies

Quote from: Cruiseon on June 06, 2011, 01:22:53 PM

The Pies are kicking along nicely, no complaints from my end. However I was checking out the results of the VFL side and I couldn't help but notice what looked like a lack of depth. When I cast my mind back to going to Vic Park last year to watch the VFL I recall seeing Fraser, Nathan Brown, Jack Anthony, Lockyer, Medhurst, Blair & even Barham all going around. 

Whilst there are plenty of goers, when I look at the team below outside of Blair & Dick I don't see too many ready made Premiership replacements.

Thoughts?

Collingwood

B: Paul Cribbin, Kris Pendlebury, Daniel Farmer

HB: Tom Couch, Scott Reed, Tom Young

C: Tom Sundberg, Kirk Ugle, Jack Perham

HF: Lachlan Keeffe, Brad Dick, Jye Bolton

F: Shae McNamara, John Ceglar, Alex Fasolo

R: Declan Reilly, Jarryd Blair, Luke Rounds

Int from: Rob Condy, Lachlan Smith*, Pat Hayes, Jack Bull, Tom Gordon

I have my money on Condy. If he had the investment made in him like Dick, Bolton, Keeffe, I rekon he would be up there on the list.

PeteGoPies

@Petegopies
I have been to every VFL match so far mate, and I've seen Condy play the last 4 or so games. Not bad at all, does alot in defence has shut a lot of top players down. Needs to be to better used by the team, got a huge kick on him.

bomberboy0618

Why did this guy triple post?

Boomz

He replied to himself ??? must have 2 accounts and forgot to switch ;D :P

AFEV

I was just like...Wait, what?
I think he IS Rob Condy :P

hawk_88

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Sid on June 17, 2011, 04:25:46 PM
I was just like...Wait, what?
I think he IS Rob Condy :P
The names Condy... Rob Condy.
No it doesn't have the same ring :( ;D

Cruiseon

I think it was Condy's Mum talking him up for a list spot.

AFEV

Mrs. Condy, you have come to the wrong place!

MTK

What about Josh Thomas???

2 years ago, I remember he was all the rage down at the Westpac Centre....an improved version on Dayne Beams etc etc...by all accounts, he is constantly getting injured, but the wraps on him have been HUGE....

Anyone else heard much about him?