Cya swannie

Started by elephants, June 06, 2011, 01:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thoughts on this move

Good. You'll have a team full of premiums.
3 (12%)
Nope you haven't left yourself enough trades (7) and knights/Petrie/Heppell aren't keeper(s)
22 (88%)

Total Members Voted: 1

elephants

Wow what a response thanks guys.
There is obviously a very one sided response here. Inwould be playing Harris or mzungu. If I played mzungu I'd have no cover in the forwards (unless I smith, tapscott and richo play).

I think I'll keep swannie as he's a jet but I really hope he doesn't miss round 14...

Thanks guys...

someguy

My first response was: hell no!! but once i'd thought about it a bit more it may not be such a bad idea - if you're going for overall - and here's why:

Obviously overall is all about total points scored, so the question you need to ask yourself is will Ablett outscore Swan for the remainder of the year? If you keep Swan and cover him for the next two (potentially three) rounds you will lose the difference between what Ablett scores and what Mzungu/Harris score - for example: if Ablett scores 110 and 120 over the next two round, while Harris/Mzungu score 60 and 70, than you are potentially 100 points worse off than if you had of brought in Ablett. The question now is: will Swan outscore Ablett by 100 points for the remainder of the year?

G()D

@ someguy Of course swan will he isnt going to a recovery camp for nothing, just whach he will end up averaging 125+ after the bye till the end of the season, he just needs some confidence back!

elephants

Cheers someguy. I think when swannie gets back he'll be almost back to his usual self. I'll be keeping him now :) thanks though...
I could play hibberd for swannie as he looks really good lately??

someguy

Quote from: G()D on June 06, 2011, 10:51:01 PM
@ someguy Of course swan will he isnt going to a recovery camp for nothing, just whach he will end up averaging 125+ after the bye till the end of the season, he just needs some confidence back!

I never said he wouldn't :)

Quote from: elephants on June 06, 2011, 10:52:48 PM
Cheers someguy. I think when swannie gets back he'll be almost back to his usual self. I'll be keeping him now :) thanks though...
I could play hibberd for swannie as he looks really good lately??

Good call that's what I would've done if I was in your position. Tough call about who to play out of Mzungu, Harris, and Hibberd - will depend on form, who they're playing, etc.

elephants